Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Insurance against natural calamity

Register

Click Here!

rohit_warren

Hi All,

What are the options of Insurance for crops, farmland, dairy, trees and farmhouse available against -

1- Flood

2- Fire

3- Drought

If anyone from insurance background would answer this would help to general community, If possible please provide links to the various insurance offered by the companies.

Thanks
Rohit

rohit_warren

I am surprised ? about a hundred views and no a single reply ? Does this board has nothing to offer other than substantial spam about offering and bidding for land and other stuff ? Well if that is the case then no serious discussion or business can happen here.

rahulsrini

Insurance

There is one govt.body agriculture insurance company india ltd and it covers crops like sugarcane, potato, cotton, ginger, onion, turmeric, chilies, jute, tapioca, banana and pineapples which i learnt through one of my agri friends. It seems that the insurance covers crop failure because of natural calamities (drought, flood hailstorm, cyclone). I was also searching for the information for a very long time but there is very less information available with the actual farmers. however, I got some information through their website:

The insurance premiums for different types of crops are as follows:

3.5 per cent of sum insured for Bajra and Oilseeds
2.5 per cent of sum insured for Cereals, other Millets and Pulses
Apart from this 50 percent of subsidy in premium are allowed to small and the marginal farmers.

I am sorry that i am unable to comment on their functionality and their prompt clearance of their insurance claims.

Raghavan

rohit_warren

Hi Raghavan,

Thank you for sharing the information, would appreciate if others too share their experience and knowledge.

Indian farmers loose the advantages of crop insurance because they are not aware of the pros and cons of crop insurance.

I would be happy if someone who has vast experience with insurance posts his views and information which may prove beneficial for the board members.

Thanks
Rohit

pal4life

there is a company

mr rohit
this is raj kacheria i dont know from where you are. i have just tied up with icici for insurance against flood and draught and forest fire and theft and burglary you can contact mr raviondra bhavsar on 09833774089 and mr sagar tajua from landmark insurance on 09819600699

regards
raj kacheria
093222 11010
mumbai

rohit_warren

mr rohit
this is raj kacheria i dont know from where you are. i have just tied up with icici for insurance against flood and draught and forest fire and theft and burglary you can contact mr raviondra bhavsar on 09833774089 and mr sagar tajua from landmark insurance on 09819600699

regards
raj kacheria
093222 11010
mumbai
Hi raj kacheria,

Thank you from your reply. I posted this topic for the general discussion about crop insurance so the whole board would benefit. I would appreciate if you would post some of your experience and some links to the corresponding websites so the wider community would benefit.

Thanks
Rohit

manojsinghchandel

Hi

Hi

Rural Insurance | Agriculture Insurance | Weather Insurance

orientalinsurance.nic.in/RuralInsuranceBooklet.pdf

Individual Life Rural Insurance Plans - Birla Sun Life Insurance

Rural Insurance-Health Insurance,Cattle Insurance,Sheep Goat Insurance,Rainfall Index Insurance
Please contact....

Regds

MANOJ SINGH

Last edited by a moderator: