Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Fodder and Feed Management in Dairy

Register

Click Here!

niksnarayana

Hello

We have dairy with 20 cows and plans to expand to 50 cows. Our dairy is located near Mysore, Karnataka.
I have questions related to cows fodder and feed management.

1. Is dry fodder mandatory for cows? Can we just give more green fodder? Reason being that dry fodder does not possess much protien, whereas green fodder has protien as well as fibre. Please clarify.

2. Why is there a requirement for providing monocod and dicod fodder? If we are able to provide large quantity of monocod fodder with high CP like 18%, then is there any reason why dicod will still be required?

3. When we feed concentrates, there is general rule of feeding 300 gms per liter of milk. I think this is based on nutrients required for milk production. My question is does this take into consideration nutrients provided by fodder?

Please clarify as we are working towards cost optimisation of our dairy.

Thanks
Nikhil

Ashwini

Hi

Where are you located sir??? You can talk to the animal welfare officer at the nearest Krishi Vigyan Kendra or Animal husbandry department, they will surely guide you precisely

Regards
Ashwini

niksnarayana

I have already mentioned in my post that I am located near Mysore in Karnataka. If you want specific location, then my address is
Honkanpura Village, Begur, Gundlupet Taluk, Chamrajnagar Dist.

Well, at this point, I can confidently say that the KVK guys dont have much idea. Since I am not able to get much insight on this matter from qualified personel near our farm, I raised the topic on this forum to see if anyone from our planet can shed some light.

Apart from this, I would also like to highlight that the questions that I have posed should be a concern for each and every dairy farmer as the answers to these questions can result in huge cost savings.
So still waiting for clarifications.

Nikhil

Ashwini

Hi

DRy fodder is required for cows. For Buffalo ,Green fodder requirement is 10% of its body weight is 50 kg ,Dry fodder requirement is 8-10kgs and concentrate requirement is 2 kgs for maintenance ( daily activities) and per 2.5 kgs of milk additional 1 kgs of concentrate is required.

I am not a dairy science graduate, i can give you the contacts of few scientists at bangalore who could help you on this. There are a few scientists at the dairy science department, mHebbal, Bangalore. Please do visit the site and clarify your doubts.

Regards
Ashwini

manas reddy

Mr. Narayana,

I can comment only on feed concentrate, the requirement of FC is mainly because to increase the overall milk production and the quality of milk,

the milk obtained by feeding only fodder and a little FC is of low fat and SNF.
energy, protein and total digestible portion of FC is what contributes to increased milk and better quality of milk

Now there are different formulations of feed in the market, which have different caloric value and protein content, Bypass grade has the highest quantity of protein at 20%, bypass grade feed is used for high milk yielding cows above 20 liters a day, primarily because it makes a cost difference when large quantities are used, since it is costlier

our farm is 100 km from bangalore on the way to tirupati we at our farm have formulated a FC with mainly maiz, ragi, and other ingredients in smaller measure, we are able to reduce costs by using only locally grown grains to reduce the input cost, the total cost is coming to Rs. 12/kg

my suggestion : concentrate on reducing the input costs by making your own feed concentrate

Happy milking!!!!

Manas Reddy

that

Hello

We have dairy with 20 cows and plans to expand to 50 cows. Our dairy is located near Mysore, Karnataka.

1. Is dry fodder mandatory for cows? Can we just give more green fodder? Reason being that dry fodder does not possess much protien, whereas green fodder has protien as well as fibre. Please clarify.

2. Why is there a requirement for providing monocod and dicod fodder? If we are able to provide large quantity of monocod fodder with high CP like 18%, then is there any reason why dicod will still be required?

3. When we feed concentrates, there is general rule of feeding 300 gms per liter of milk. I think this is based on nutrients required for milk production. My question is does this take into consideration nutrients provided by fodder?

Thanks
Nikhil

niksnarayana

Hi Manas,
Can you please share your feed recipe and also wanted to know how much CP and TDN you are able to achieve? We are making our own feed.
We are using Wheat Bran, GNC, Maize, Gram husk and De-Oiled Rice Bran and our cost is coming out to be Rs.13.5. We are able to get 21% CP and 70% TDN.

We wanted to use Urea and molasses in the feed to reduce the cost further.
We are also working towards using Azola in our feed to reduce the cost even further.

Now 2 questions.

I understand that dry fodder is required as that is standard dairy practice, however it would be helpful if someone can please explain why Dry Fodder is required and what happens if I stop feeding it? My argument for not feeding dry fodder is near my place, the dry fodder we get is dry rice straw which is hopeless when it comes to nutrients and also at the same time costly, about Rs. 5/kg.

I agree to your point that FC increases the quality and quantity of milk, however I would like to understand that why that is so?
I have heard that in New Zealand and other countries, the cows are only allowed to graze, still they are able to produce good milk.
And FC is a recent phenomenon, 50 yrs back, only oil cakes were fed.
And when you think about it, the cow is meant to digest green grass in best possible manner right?

Want to continue in this discussion so that something good comes out and hopefully helps everyone.

Nikhil

sandeepnaru

hi

Hi Nikhil,
I am Sandeep from Visakhapatnam,im new in dairy farming started only 5 months back reg dry fodder as far as my knowledge each cattle requires certain amount of diet to maintain its body, and dry fodder is mainly used to fill the empty portion of her stomach (to make her satisfied in her meal) and this dry matter will help to increase fat % in the milk. dry matter can be give in any away like 1.Dry Fodder,2.any type of husk.
please correct me if im wrong. :)
My doubts
1.what is GNC?
2.how can we calculate CP and TDN?

Regards
Sandeep.

manas reddy

Ragi Hay

Mr. Narayana,

we use ragi hay, i am not aware of the nutrient content however, the dairy farms i have visited in bangalore use only ragi hay, they use it as a substitute to green fodder in summers, the result is very good, there are cows yeilding above 20 liters a day with ragi hay and FC

ragi hay is not as tasty as rice hay but by practice it seems to be providing good results, we need to research more on the topic

for the FC recipe i will have to talk to my brother who is taking care of the dairy farm operations i will give more details once i talk to him

niksnarayana

GNC - Groundnut Cake which has Crude protein of 42% and TDN of around 60%.
The companies which supply all the individual items are aware of the CP and TDN values.
You should check with them to confirm. CFTRI does tests to reveal these values also.

In bangalore, its difficult to get green fodder, dry fodder is probably preferred as you can stack and store it. However when you grow your own fodder, then you have an option of whether to spend money on dry fodder or just give more green fodder.
My experience for past 2 days is we have stopped giving dry fodder. There is no reduction in milk yield nor in SNF. But we need to give more green, almost 10 kgs more.
Like dry fodder is used to fill the empty space in the stomach, green can also achieve the same result, difference being you get better nutri food. Fat and SNF is directly related to how much protein you provide in the diet, as the protein converts to milk. So the more protein in the diet, the better it is.
We also started TMR (Total mixed ration) feeding method. We mix chopped green grass with FC so that the quantity increases and green fodder intake also increases and cow is also satisfied.
Still trying out new ways to reduce cost on feed, next week will be introducing Urea, lets see what happens.
Please keep posting with inputs.

Nikhil

ksraj

Dairy Farming

It is indeed very satisfying to note that you have been making very sound efforts to run your dairy in a very cost effective manner. As stated by you, Govt. Officials are generally not useful as they have a Stereo type mind. As far as feeding Dry Fodder, once a very senior Farmer informed me that it is required for providing Roughage to the cattle. Else, it will continuously pass Loose stools due to the high content of water in fresh Green Fodder. Also, as explained by another farmer, it ought to help create an experience of fullness in the stomach. Please send your Email Id & Tel. No by Private Message to me as I wish to send valuable material collected by me over the years.
Thanks & Regards
K S Raj

aruniipm

Hello

Thanks
Nikhil
hi Nikhil,

i am a new dairy farmer started jus a mont ago with 10 hf cows.
can you please provide me details of the best fodders for my cows so that they stay heathy and provide us good quality milk.
At present we are giving them Godrej Bypro ( concrete feed which is in pillet form) and give them co3 and dry fodder.

Also explain what is monocod and dicod and aslo cp of 18%.

if you have any details please mail me

Regards/Arun

Last edited by a moderator:

manas reddy

Please explain TMR (Total mixed ration), i am also looking to implement it, i want to know how you are able to effectively mux FC with green fodder

GNC - Groundnut Cake which has Crude protein of 42% and TDN of around 60%.
The companies which supply all the individual items are aware of the CP and TDN values.
You should check with them to confirm. CFTRI does tests to reveal these values also.

In bangalore, its difficult to get green fodder, dry fodder is probably preferred as you can stack and store it. However when you grow your own fodder, then you have an option of whether to spend money on dry fodder or just give more green fodder.
My experience for past 2 days is we have stopped giving dry fodder. There is no reduction in milk yield nor in SNF. But we need to give more green, almost 10 kgs more.
Like dry fodder is used to fill the empty space in the stomach, green can also achieve the same result, difference being you get better nutri food. Fat and SNF is directly related to how much protein you provide in the diet, as the protein converts to milk. So the more protein in the diet, the better it is.
We also started TMR (Total mixed ration) feeding method. We mix chopped green grass with FC so that the quantity increases and green fodder intake also increases and cow is also satisfied.
Still trying out new ways to reduce cost on feed, next week will be introducing Urea, lets see what happens.
Please keep posting with inputs.

Nikhil

prateekvaish

facts about Feed Concentrate for Dairy Cows

Dear Nikhil,
You raised few very valid points. Dry Fodder is fed in order to provide total digestable nutrients to the animal. As the nutritional requirement of a dairy cow depends on several factors like body weight, milk yield, age, stage of lactation, present body score, stage of pregnency etc. Total Nutritional requirement of a animal is calculated on a dry matter basis. Now, green forrage generally has a low TDN and lot of moisture so even adlib feeding of green forrage might not be adequate for a very large or high yielding dairy cow like Holstein. However, your concern about relevence of feeding poor quality dry fodder like paddy straw at high price is very correct. You can part of with paddy straw by preparing Silege. A good quality Maize/ sweet sudan (yellow green color) silege has around 12% CP or 8.5% DCP. It will not only help you in parting off with dry fodder but also reduce cost on feed concentrate as well.
Now, regarding feed concentrate any mixture of good quality feed concentrate should contain 15% DCP (Digestable crude protein), 68 - 72 % TDN , 2500 Kcal /kg and fiber content less than 11%. CP value is irrelevent as it is DCP which matters. for eg. a 22% CP feed can have a DCP value of 15% and a 20% CP feed can have a DCP value of 16%.
With all the available raw material in your area you can arrive at least cost formulation of concentrate by using a statistical tool known as linear programing.
Also add 2% salt, 1% mineral and 0.33% Soda bi carb(as alkalizer).
Very soon i will try to explain more about nutritional management.
Thanks and regards,
Prateek Vaish
Vice President Operations
Model Dairy Farm Services
Naramau, G.T. Road, Kanpur-209217 (India)
Email: prateekvaish@yahoo.com , info@modeldairyfarm.com
visit us on web at Model Dairy Farm

Hi Manas,
Can you please share your feed recipe and also wanted to know how much CP and TDN you are able to achieve? We are making our own feed.
We are using Wheat Bran, GNC, Maize, Gram husk and De-Oiled Rice Bran and our cost is coming out to be Rs.13.5. We are able to get 21% CP and 70% TDN.

We wanted to use Urea and molasses in the feed to reduce the cost further.
We are also working towards using Azola in our feed to reduce the cost even further.

Now 2 questions.

I understand that dry fodder is required as that is standard dairy practice, however it would be helpful if someone can please explain why Dry Fodder is required and what happens if I stop feeding it? My argument for not feeding dry fodder is near my place, the dry fodder we get is dry rice straw which is hopeless when it comes to nutrients and also at the same time costly, about Rs. 5/kg.

I agree to your point that FC increases the quality and quantity of milk, however I would like to understand that why that is so?
I have heard that in New Zealand and other countries, the cows are only allowed to graze, still they are able to produce good milk.
And FC is a recent phenomenon, 50 yrs back, only oil cakes were fed.
And when you think about it, the cow is meant to digest green grass in best possible manner right?

Want to continue in this discussion so that something good comes out and hopefully helps everyone.

Nikhil

ag_aman2004

Interesting Topic..!

Dear all,

Where can we get the testing knowledge on cattle feed ingedients? Is there any special couse available for such a kind of cattle feed testing? Please let me know the course name and place(at Tamil Nadu)

Thanks
Amanullah. Ag.

Feeds and Feeding Practices in Dairy Animals

General Principles
• Dairy animals are ruminants and as such need bulk amount to fill their stomach.
• Dairy animals need to be fed for :
o Maintenance of their body ( day to day function ).
o For production of milk.
In case of pregnancy, they need extra feeding in the last two months (for good health of the calf)
• Dairy animals are herbivorous and eat crop residues, cultivated grasses, tree leaves etc.
On average dairy animal needs following quantity of dry matter ( out of feed , fodder , concentrate they are being fed with ) per day:
o 2% of body weight for their survival.

o 2.5 % of body weight for their survival and little production ( 6-8 Liters of milk per day)
o 3% of body weight for their survival and production of 10 to 12 liters of milk
o More than 3% of body weight in case of more production.

• Dairy animal young or old, empty, pregnant, in milk, or dry must be fed with mineral mixtures.
Fresh, cool and abundant drinking water as or when required is necessary for good health and efficient production. Animals can drink hard water once they are accustom to it (usually needs 8- 10 days). They reject water containing more then 2% sodium chloride.
• Dairy animals are fed with fodder (green / dry), concentrate (home made or commercial): Concentrate is the mixture of grains and lugumin seeds besides bran. Ready-made commercial concentrates are mixtures of grains, urea, and molasses and may contain mineral mixture and vitamins.
Dry matter content can be grossly calculated as:
o Concentrates : 70% is dry matter
o Green Fresh fodder : 10% is dry matter
o Green dried in air / sun : 20% dry matter
o Dry fodder / crop residues: 85% dry matter.

• While feeding note that, dry matter requirement should be met with 1/3 from green fodder, 1/3 from concentrate and 1/3 from dry fodder. Give dry fodder ad lib. Proportion of leguminous and non leguminous fodder should be in the ratio of 40:60
Concentrates are usually costly. If needed, you can replace some amount of concentrate with green fodder. Five kilogram of leguminous green fodder is nutritionally equivalent to one-kilogram concentrate. Similarly, 8-10 Kilogram of non -leguminous green fodder is equivalent to one kilogram of concentrate.
• In home made concentrates: mainly crushed leguminous seeds (after threshing) and food grains are mixed in the proportion of 40: 60 along with oil cakes and bran in small quantity. For leguminous seeds Gram , Soya , bengalgram husk , Black gram are used and for food grains Maize , Jower , Bajra , Wheat , Rice are used.
Fodder tree leaves viz. Subabhool; agathi,glyricidia etc. are best utilized as dairy animal fodder.
• Concentrate of leguminous nature contain 20-24% proteins, food grains contain 8 – 12 % protein. Green leguminous & non-leguminous fodder contains same quantity of protein on the dry matter basis. Dry fodder contains 3 to 5% proteins.
Concentrate also contains oil cakes (Groundnut, cottonseed, copra, seasam, soya, sunflower etc.) On an average, they contain 24% protein.
• Besides protein animal needs energy. The best and cheapest source of energy is food grains (They contain carbohydrate). Protein and fats can also provide energy but they are costly. Oil in extracted oil cakes can also provide energy.
Mineral mixtures are essential especially in growing, lactating and pregnant animals. These mixtures contain Calcium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Iron, Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Selenium, Cobalt, and Iodine in appropriate proportion. Such mixtures are commercially available.

The recommended doses are.
Adult-30 gram per day
Growing Animals-15 to 20 grams per day.
Lactating animals-50 grams per day.
Advanced pregnant animals-40 grams per day

Our product VIMICELL helps you to make dairy farming business profitable

Benefits:

Improves reproductive performance & conception
Enhances hoof health
Increases calving rates and calf vigor
Improves milk production & milk fat %
Maintain and maximize the milk yields
Choline for optimum health and production potential
Better Fat metabolism and liver function
Reduces stress in animals
improves health and performance
Improves immunity ,disease resistance and reduces failure

DFM(Sacchromyces cervesiae and Bacterial culture)

Accelerate rumen efficiency and animal performance
Improves dry matter intake and fiber digestibility and maintain the animal in positive energy balance
Reduce lactate production in the rumen
Enhance the rumen environment
Stimulate the microbial development in the rumen
Reduced risk of acidosis

Recommendation:
Large Animal :30 -35 gm /animal/day to be mixed in the feed.
Small Animals :10 -15 gm /animal/day to be mixed in the feed
Concentrateve : 2 kg /100 kg feed

Each kg contains
Calcium 255 g
Phosphorus 127.5 g
Sulphur 7.2 g
Sodium 5.9 mg
Potassium 100 mg
Magnesium 6000 mg
Iron 1500 mg
Zinc 9600 mg
Manganese 500 mg
Copper 1200 mg
Cobalt 150 mg
Iodine 325 mg
Selenium 10 mg
Bio active chromium 55 mg
Vitamin A 7,00,000 IU
Vitamin D3 70,000 IU
Vitamin E 250 mg
Nicotinamide 1000 mg
Biotin 550 mcg
Choline chloride 50 gm
DFM 25 gm
Antioxidant qs
Flavoring agent qs

Competitive Advantages of the product
Metal Amino Acid Chelated mineral mixture
Fortified with Bioactive Chromium ,vitamins, and Biotin
Rich in Cholin chloride and DFM
Absorbed by active transport
Greatest bioavailability
Highly stable in the absorptive gut area
Superior in physiological activity
Stable when subjected to various pH ranges in gut
Dipeptide-like structure resists gastric acid hydrolysis & intestinal enzyme cleavage.

Presentation : 1 kg Aluminium foil bags and 20 kg HDPE bags

Mr.S.Manikkamani

Mobile:09442633623

Newgen Bioscience Private Limited PLOT NO. 10, 6TH CROSS, RADHAKRISHNAN NAGAR, MOOLAKULAM, Pondicherry - 605010, India
email.newgenbioscience@gmail.cim

niksnarayana

Feed Management

I have collated all replies into one, please read patiently and contribute to this discussion.

To aruniipm,
Giving compound ready made feeds is an easier option, however we have experienced that cows dont enjoy eating that so much. Also a point to be noted is that most of readymade feeds available in the market are for around Rs. 12 per kg which means their production cost should be somewhere around Rs. 7 per kg. But surprisingly none of the ingredients that should be fed to the cow is available at that price other than Urea.
So I dont recommend using these feeds as there is no guarantee what is added and mixed and the quality of individual items.
You can mix your own feed depending on what is available in your area.
Main ingredients can be
1. Wheat bran / Maize powder
2. DORB - Deoiled Rice Bran
3. GNC - groundnut cake
4. Gram husk - I was reading somewhere that this has something called tanine which helps in milk production.

Azola and urea with molasses is also an option.

Monocot is plants which have seed with only 1 cotyledon, like Maize, wheat, rice etc.
Dicot is plants which have seed with 2 cotyledon, like leguminous plants, Cow pea, Pea, Tuar, Lucerne etc.
You can refer to the following site to get CP and other techinical information,. Feed CP and TDN Info

To Manas,
Regarding TMR, we are not doing it in professional manner yet as we just started, so hand mixing chopped grass with feed in slurry form. You get industry size mixers where all ingredients can be added to make TMR. Another site for help - Dairy Nutrition Info All dairies abroad advocate using TMR.

Thanks Prateek for clarifications, your reply makes sense. But we are still struggling with reducing feed cost. I will try to calculate the DCP value of our feed.

We are using
1. DORB - 40% @ Rs. 7.5 / kg
2. Wheat Bran - 10% @ Rs. 12.5 / kg
3. GNC - 35% @ Rs. 22 / kg
4. Gram Husk - 5% @ Rs. 12 / kg
5. SKM readymade feeds - 10% @ Rs. 12.5 / kg

As you can see all items are expensive :confused:, so please help us out on what can be replaced to reduce costs. We plan to use Mollasses and Urea to reduce amount of GNC. Also plan to add azolla to reduce other costly ingredients.

Any idea who sells Mollasses? :confused:

Thanks
Nikhil

ksraj

Cattle feed

Hi Nikhil,

I wish to draw your attention that focusing too much on cost cutting in the feed may be detrimental to Cattle Health proving counter productive in the long run. This may happen when new & unproven feed combination like UMB (Urea Molasses Blocks) Or Urea treated Fodder Or Azolla prepared using Urea are used.
More than anything, Cattle health needs to be supreme in the mind of the Dairy Farmer. The quest for maximizing incomes & profits need not necessarily be at the cost of cutting expenditure on cattle feed. When toxic free, unadulterated milk is made available, enlightened customers will pay extra for it. Cow needs to be fed everything, especially Green Fodder grown on HUMUS rich soil which will keep the entire herd in good stead. Please visit NDRI campus at ADUGUDI, Bengaluru & see a big Cow Shed that is dedicated to the memory of a Friesian cow which was born there, lived for 20 years giving birth to 18 calves & yielding totally 1,60,500 litres of milk. All this happened in a period before UMB or Urea appeared on scene. Please follow the simple & effective method advocated by Sir Albert Howard about Cattle Health in his Magnum Opus "AN AGRICULTURAL TESTAMENT".
All the best to the Dairy Farmers.
KS Raj

prateekvaish

Misleading statements !

Dear vetbharathi,
Most part of information posted by you are fundamental and would be of great benefit to young emerging dairy farmers. But, i will sincerely advice you not to present facts which are far from reality. ration has to be balanced in terms of DCP,TDN, Energy, Fibre and micronutrients i.e. mineral, vitamins and aminoacids. if 5 kg of leguminous fodder = 1 kg concentrate (which actually is not) then 5 kg of green fodder should provide 2500Kcals of energy also. It is a 50 year old and obselete nutrition concept where only protein value was taken into account. Also the concept of maintainance ration and production ration is now outdated and ruled out 20 years ago. Kindly refer to papers published by Ohio university and among indian authers refer to NSR shastri. Also, Handbook of dairying by Sunderason can be utilized by new farmers. Anyway, your efforts are appreciated. You may also post pearsons method for the use of dairy farmers.
thanks and regards,

Prateek

General Principles
• Dairy animals are ruminants and as such need bulk amount to fill their stomach.
• Dairy animals need to be fed for :
o Maintenance of their body ( day to day function ).
o For production of milk.
In case of pregnancy, they need extra feeding in the last two months (for good health of the calf)
• Dairy animals are herbivorous and eat crop residues, cultivated grasses, tree leaves etc.
On average dairy animal needs following quantity of dry matter ( out of feed , fodder , concentrate they are being fed with ) per day:
o 2% of body weight for their survival.

o 2.5 % of body weight for their survival and little production ( 6-8 Liters of milk per day)
o 3% of body weight for their survival and production of 10 to 12 liters of milk
o More than 3% of body weight in case of more production.

• Dairy animal young or old, empty, pregnant, in milk, or dry must be fed with mineral mixtures.
Fresh, cool and abundant drinking water as or when required is necessary for good health and efficient production. Animals can drink hard water once they are accustom to it (usually needs 8- 10 days). They reject water containing more then 2% sodium chloride.
• Dairy animals are fed with fodder (green / dry), concentrate (home made or commercial): Concentrate is the mixture of grains and lugumin seeds besides bran. Ready-made commercial concentrates are mixtures of grains, urea, and molasses and may contain mineral mixture and vitamins.
Dry matter content can be grossly calculated as:
o Concentrates : 70% is dry matter
o Green Fresh fodder : 10% is dry matter
o Green dried in air / sun : 20% dry matter
o Dry fodder / crop residues: 85% dry matter.

• While feeding note that, dry matter requirement should be met with 1/3 from green fodder, 1/3 from concentrate and 1/3 from dry fodder. Give dry fodder ad lib. Proportion of leguminous and non leguminous fodder should be in the ratio of 40:60
Concentrates are usually costly. If needed, you can replace some amount of concentrate with green fodder. Five kilogram of leguminous green fodder is nutritionally equivalent to one-kilogram concentrate. Similarly, 8-10 Kilogram of non -leguminous green fodder is equivalent to one kilogram of concentrate.
• In home made concentrates: mainly crushed leguminous seeds (after threshing) and food grains are mixed in the proportion of 40: 60 along with oil cakes and bran in small quantity. For leguminous seeds Gram , Soya , bengalgram husk , Black gram are used and for food grains Maize , Jower , Bajra , Wheat , Rice are used.
Fodder tree leaves viz. Subabhool; agathi,glyricidia etc. are best utilized as dairy animal fodder.
• Concentrate of leguminous nature contain 20-24% proteins, food grains contain 8 – 12 % protein. Green leguminous & non-leguminous fodder contains same quantity of protein on the dry matter basis. Dry fodder contains 3 to 5% proteins.
Concentrate also contains oil cakes (Groundnut, cottonseed, copra, seasam, soya, sunflower etc.) On an average, they contain 24% protein.
• Besides protein animal needs energy. The best and cheapest source of energy is food grains (They contain carbohydrate). Protein and fats can also provide energy but they are costly. Oil in extracted oil cakes can also provide energy.
Mineral mixtures are essential especially in growing, lactating and pregnant animals. These mixtures contain Calcium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Iron, Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Selenium, Cobalt, and Iodine in appropriate proportion. Such mixtures are commercially available.

The recommended doses are.
Adult-30 gram per day
Growing Animals-15 to 20 grams per day.
Lactating animals-50 grams per day.
Advanced pregnant animals-40 grams per day

Our product VIMICELL helps you to make dairy farming business profitable

Benefits:

Improves reproductive performance & conception
Enhances hoof health
Increases calving rates and calf vigor
Improves milk production & milk fat %
Maintain and maximize the milk yields
Choline for optimum health and production potential
Better Fat metabolism and liver function
Reduces stress in animals
improves health and performance
Improves immunity ,disease resistance and reduces failure

DFM(Sacchromyces cervesiae and Bacterial culture)

Accelerate rumen efficiency and animal performance
Improves dry matter intake and fiber digestibility and maintain the animal in positive energy balance
Reduce lactate production in the rumen
Enhance the rumen environment
Stimulate the microbial development in the rumen
Reduced risk of acidosis

Recommendation:
Large Animal :30 -35 gm /animal/day to be mixed in the feed.
Small Animals :10 -15 gm /animal/day to be mixed in the feed
Concentrateve : 2 kg /100 kg feed

Each kg contains
Calcium 255 g
Phosphorus 127.5 g
Sulphur 7.2 g
Sodium 5.9 mg
Potassium 100 mg
Magnesium 6000 mg
Iron 1500 mg
Zinc 9600 mg
Manganese 500 mg
Copper 1200 mg
Cobalt 150 mg
Iodine 325 mg
Selenium 10 mg
Bio active chromium 55 mg
Vitamin A 7,00,000 IU
Vitamin D3 70,000 IU
Vitamin E 250 mg
Nicotinamide 1000 mg
Biotin 550 mcg
Choline chloride 50 gm
DFM 25 gm
Antioxidant qs
Flavoring agent qs

Competitive Advantages of the product
Metal Amino Acid Chelated mineral mixture
Fortified with Bioactive Chromium ,vitamins, and Biotin
Rich in Cholin chloride and DFM
Absorbed by active transport
Greatest bioavailability
Highly stable in the absorptive gut area
Superior in physiological activity
Stable when subjected to various pH ranges in gut
Dipeptide-like structure resists gastric acid hydrolysis & intestinal enzyme cleavage.

Presentation : 1 kg Aluminium foil bags and 20 kg HDPE bags

Mr.S.Manikkamani

Mobile:09442633623

Newgen Bioscience Private Limited PLOT NO. 10, 6TH CROSS, RADHAKRISHNAN NAGAR, MOOLAKULAM, Pondicherry - 605010, India
email.newgenbioscience@gmail.cim