Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Few questions for a startup animal husbandry project

Register

Click Here!

ravindr

Hey everyone

This is my first post at this forum, I am quite happy that such a forum is as prominent as it is.

So my question or rather situation here is, I have some 1 acre land in himachal; near Solan which I want to put to use, I and a friend have a keen interest on rabbit breeding. Angora for wool and perhaps another rabbit breed which is more suitable for meat, turkey or duck for poultry would perhaps be the second pursuit on this ambition.

Now to bring this to a start we’ve fixed to meet with some people in HP animal husbandry since the govt. offers some subsidies, but they also offer 5 Angora’s to begin with.

So what we need is to identify a source from where we can buy more angora’s to get a fair start.
Also it’d be extremely helpful if we could visit such a farm to see what practicality is met with each day, books and texts have curbed many curiosities now we’d like to see something with the naked eye.
If someone would like to share any wisdom on the economics involved in the rearing of the animals in question, we’d be much gratified to hear it all.
Also please shed light on manpower training, we’d be happy to dispatch a hired farm hand for some training at a running facility, even if at some fee.

thanks for reading thru
-Ravinder

PS- sorry if this is mirroring some of the earlier posts, i am still reading through the forum.

Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)