Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Can Non agriculturist buy Agricultural Land and do agriculutre

Register

Click Here!

sprabhu78

Hi
I want to know can a non agriculturist buy an agricultural Land and start agriculture in that.
Please note I have already posted this question once. And this is misunderstood as I am looking for sellers of agricultural Land. I am not looking for land. I am interested in knowing if I can buy an agricultural land being a non agriculturist.
(Even my father is non agriculturist and do not hold agricultural land)

Regards

Suresha Prabhu

sprabhu78

Hi

But Government officers are not registering the Land in the Name of the non agriculturists.

They say that buyer or his father shall own an agricultural Land in their Name. Being a non agriculturist we cant buy agricultural Land. WE shall get the conversion of that Land as non agricultural Land and then do the agriculture.

That is why I am asking this question.

Regards

Suresha Prabhu

pradeeppailoor

If it is in Karanata,as per karnataka land revenue act,a non agriculturist cannot buy a agriculture property.
But there is some way for buying the property.
Kindly visit your advocate,he will guide you on the same.

Visit this web,you will get most of the details on how to buy the agricultural land.

KARNATAKA LAND LAWS: HOW A NON-AGRICULTURIST/COMPANY CAN BUY AGRICULTURAL LAND PROCEDURE AND LAW INVOLVED IN IT IN KARNATAKA

Please contact..

Regards
Pradeep

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi

yes non agriculturist cnnot buy agricultural land. you have to belong to agricultural family or should be agricultural labour..
But there is a clause in karnataka that if u can proove bonafide intrest in starting agriculture then assistant commissioner can give you certificate of agriculturist .. but this should be done before buying the land...Its assistant commissioners discreetionary power to allow or no

soundarsel

Tamil Nadu Agricultural Family NRI To Buy Agri Land In T.Nadu

Can any one tell me the restrictions and legal formalities to follow to buy agri land in Tamil Nadu by an Agri family NRI from Tamil Nadu?

rajantnj

Yes it is not a rocket science

Hi
I want to know can a non agriculturist buy an agricultural Land and start agriculture in that.
Please note I have already posted this question once. And this is misunderstood as I am looking for sellers of agricultural Land. I am not looking for land. I am interested in knowing if I can buy an agricultural land being a non agriculturist.
(Even my father is non agriculturist and do not hold agricultural land)

Regards

Suresha Prabhu
Yes Dear suresh u can do agriculture if u have the interest, it is not a rocket science,i can guide u easily, if u need help call me or contact me.

Rajan
Please contact...

Vinod Kumar

agricultural land for non agriculturists (Maharashtra)

Maharashtra has a law that says agricultural land can be given only to agriculturists.

Transfer to non agriculturist barred under Section 63

No sale, gifts, exchange or lease of any land shall be valid in favour of person who is not an agriculturist. However collector may grant permission for transfer under the below mentioned conditions:

the condition for exemption applicable to wannabe agriculturists is

e) The land is required for cultivating it by a personally by a person, who, not being an agriculturist, intends to take to the profession of agriculture and to whom collector has given certificate that such person is intend to take to the profession of agriculture and is capable of cultivating land personally;

So I feel that, in Maharashtra, you have to get a certificate from the collector that you intend to be an agriculturists and then get the collector to exempt you from showing that you are an agriculturist by means of owning previous agricultural land.

Incidently, I feel that just owning agricultural land is not sufficient to prove that you are an agriculturist. But most land registration offices take only prior ownership as the proof of being an agriculturist!

kirti s

land for purchase

Dear sir,
If u file IT then u cant buy agriculture land then u can perchase in the name of yr parents if they are retired.

REgards

Kirti naik

kumarswa

Agri land consultant in karnataka

company or non agriculturist also can buy the agriculture land in karnatak. please call me

kumarswa

legally some method here, company can also buy the agriculture land in karnataka

If it is in Karanata,as per karnataka land revenue act,a non agriculturist cannot buy a agriculture property.
But there is some way for buying the property.
Kindly visit your advocate,he will guide you on the same.

Visit this web,you will get most of the details on how to buy the agricultural land.

KARNATAKA LAND LAWS: HOW A NON-AGRICULTURIST/COMPANY CAN BUY AGRICULTURAL LAND PROCEDURE AND LAW INVOLVED IN IT IN KARNATAKA

Please contact..

Regards
Pradeep
mr. pradeep please contact me 9448990733

legally some method here, company can also buy the agriculture land in karnataka

kumarswa

sir,

fist you register one agriculture company in karnataka, then company can buy the agriculture land in karnataka. more information please contact me 9448990733

regards.
kumar

srrkapoor

Dear Sirs,
Karnataka & Maharashtra rules do not allow non-agriculturists to buy agricultural land.
If you buy a agricultural land by converting it to NA before buying, the rate of the land goes up tremendously. After you buy that land, then it cannot be converted to agricultural again.
NRIs cannot buy agriculture land in any part of the country.
Registered agriculture companies can buy agriculture land.
As per rules, all land is agriculture until it is converted to NA. So even if you are buying a rocky piece of land where nothing is growing, ensure it has been converted to NA.
A NRI or any other person can acquire agriculture land only by inheritance.
Be careful, many people have lost their money in such deals. Maharashtra & Karnataka are very strict in this matter & many people were cheated by agents & land sellers.
S. Kapoor (srrkapoor@gmail.com)

binajain

I would like to start agri / floricultural activity in Karnataka.

Yes Dear suresh u can do agriculture if u have the interest, it is not a rocket science,i can guide u easily, if u need help call me or contact me.

Rajan
Please contact...
How can I get in touch with you for your guidance on acquiring an agriculture land to start agri / floriculture activity in Karnataka. I have no background with agriculture and I am a renewable / sustainable energy consultant.