Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question Can Beema Bamboo be planted for usage as biomass on a large scale ?

Register

Click Here!

ganapati1-9

Can Beema Bamboo be planted for usage as biomass on a large scale, if yes, where to find suitable buyers & markets & prices of the harvested produce???

barathigrowmore

Yes, Beema Bamboo can be planted for usage as biomass on a large scale. Because, it is highly suited for commercial cultivation as an Energy crop and the biomass produced from Beema bamboo is used as a feed stock for the production of power (Electricity).

Beema bamboo can be planted under different spacing method such as High, Medium and Low density plantation. High density plantation requires 1000 plants from one acre to get the first harvest in two and a half years and subsequently it is an annual harvest without replanting. Beema bamboo has the potential of producing high quantity of biomass from unit area (ie) One acre of Beema bamboo will yield an average biomass of 40 tons /acre/yr or 100 tons/ha/yr when cultivated under proper agronomical practices.

Our Beema bamboo is cultivable and thorn less, sterile and hence it does not produce seed and die. It has the Calorific value of 4000KCal energy, Ash content of 1 to 2 % and highly suitable for power generation.
Generally, 1MW Biomass Power Project requires 200 acres of farming of Beema bamboo based energy plantation under high density as per precision farming methodology to produce power for 24 hours, 330 days in a year.

Beema bamboo is supplied as raw material for making furniture, for biomass based power project, for paper mill, as a raw material for the production of Bio-Ethanol and Bio-CNG, for construction purposes and as a pole in the open market.

Wide spacing (200 to 300 plants / acre) is preferred for harvesting bamboo as poles. Close spacing (400 -650 plants) is preferred for compressed board, paper pulp. High density spacing (1000 plants) is preferred for applications such as (a) Power Generation (b) Bio-Ethanol (c) Bio-CNG & (d) Bio-oil, (e) Hydrogen gas, where bamboo will be used as chipped raw material.

We will be able to guide you further after we know your location of your proposed cultivation and extend of cultivation.

Dr.N.Barathi Director
Growmore Biotech Ltd
Hosur Tamilnadu India
Office: +914344 260564

honey ani

hello madam,
Am Anil from Bangalore and am working a company called Surya Agritech .which we are undergoing a polyhouses for farmers for 1 acre and we do have a Buy-Back System also with them, By seeing this post am really interested to know more about the Beema bamboo. so please can i get a appointment to meet you madam nor any of your executive to know more about the things .

regards,

Anil

barathigrowmore

hello madam,
Am Anil from Bangalore and am working a company called Surya Agritech .which we are undergoing a polyhouses for farmers for 1 acre and we do have a Buy-Back System also with them, By seeing this post am really interested to know more about the Beema bamboo. so please can i get a appointment to meet you madam nor any of your executive to know more about the things .

regards,

Anil
Hi Mr. Anil,

For your appointment please post a mail to info@growmorebiotech.com.

regards,

Kavitha Sivaguru
Executive Technical,
Growmore Biotech,
Hosur.

ganapati1-9

Yes, Beema Bamboo can be planted for usage as biomass on a large scale. Because, it is highly suited for commercial cultivation as an Energy crop and the biomass produced from Beema bamboo is used as a feed stock for the production of power (Electricity).

Beema bamboo can be planted under different spacing method such as High, Medium and Low density plantation. High density plantation requires 1000 plants from one acre to get the first harvest in two and a half years and subsequently it is an annual harvest without replanting. Beema bamboo has the potential of producing high quantity of biomass from unit area (ie) One acre of Beema bamboo will yield an average biomass of 40 tons /acre/yr or 100 tons/ha/yr when cultivated under proper agronomical practices.

Our Beema bamboo is cultivable and thorn less, sterile and hence it does not produce seed and die. It has the Calorific value of 4000KCal energy, Ash content of 1 to 2 % and highly suitable for power generation.
Generally, 1MW Biomass Power Project requires 200 acres of farming of Beema bamboo based energy plantation under high density as per precision farming methodology to produce power for 24 hours, 330 days in a year.

Beema bamboo is supplied as raw material for making furniture, for biomass based power project, for paper mill, as a raw material for the production of Bio-Ethanol and Bio-CNG, for construction purposes and as a pole in the open market.

Wide spacing (200 to 300 plants / acre) is preferred for harvesting bamboo as poles. Close spacing (400 -650 plants) is preferred for compressed board, paper pulp. High density spacing (1000 plants) is preferred for applications such as (a) Power Generation (b) Bio-Ethanol (c) Bio-CNG & (d) Bio-oil, (e) Hydrogen gas, where bamboo will be used as chipped raw material.

We will be able to guide you further after we know your location of your proposed cultivation and extend of cultivation.

Dr.N.Barathi Director
Growmore Biotech Ltd
Hosur Tamilnadu India
Office: +914344 260564
Thanks a lot Dr.Barathi, I am based in Odisha & propose to start cultivation here itself in Rayagada district. Considering, I am a layman & passionately aspire to get into Agriculture, can you please guide me of the available markets nearby or how to identity market & potential buyers of the same, post harvest.

barathigrowmore

Thanks a lot Dr.Barathi, I am based in Odisha & propose to start cultivation here itself in Rayagada district. Considering, I am a layman & passionately aspire to get into Agriculture, can you please guide me of the available markets nearby or how to identity market & potential buyers of the same, post harvest.
Dear Mr. Ganapathi,

Greetings,

I am happy to know your interest in Bamboo cultivation in Odisha. There exists huge market in Orissa and we can guide you based on your location, size of the farm and the species which you will be interested in planting.

There are many Paper mills, Biomass based power projects, Bio-Ethanol projects, Bio-CNG projects are finding difficult to get the raw material.
For further information Please write to us to our mail address: barathigrowmore@yahoo.com.

With kind regards,

Dr. N. Barathi. B. Sc(Agri), M. Sc(Agri), Ph.D.
Founder Director,
Growmore Biotech Ltd.

ganapati1-9

Dear Mr. Ganapathi,

Greetings,

I am happy to know your interest in Bamboo cultivation in Odisha. There exists huge market in Orissa and we can guide you based on your location, size of the farm and the species which you will be interested in planting.

There are many Paper mills, Biomass based power projects, Bio-Ethanol projects, Bio-CNG projects are finding difficult to get the raw material.
For further information Please write to us to our mail address: barathigrowmore@yahoo.com.

With kind regards,

Dr. N. Barathi. B. Sc(Agri), M. Sc(Agri), Ph.D.
Founder Director,
Growmore Biotech Ltd.
Thanks for your response Sir. My place being on the southern most tip of Orissa & bordering Andhra Pradesh, my proximity to A.P.,Vizianagram&Visakhapatnam is better. Next as you said about Paper Mills, we do have J.K.Paper Ltd.at our place but they use Euclaptyus as raw material for paper production. As far as Bio power plants are concerned we don't have any nearby. Hence need guidance on markets in nearing Vizianagram & Visakhapatnam Districts.

purush1980

Dear all,
it would be an immense pleasure if someone could guide me through your valuable information and knowledge ..

circumstances i prevail now:
1) Bamboo cultivation in my region (mantralayam) no one has really got into it so far, as there is no awareness or experience
2) The majority of this region is stuck with cotton cultivation as they have nearest cotton market yard (adoni) to sell cotton but every year farmers get bad market prices due to dalals and heavy supply of material at the same time as majority of this region is rain-fed
3)Due to lack of enough knowledge farmers have been using heavy pesticides and fertilizers spending more money to save crop
4)Declined yield through unpredictable rainfalls and as well loosing fertility in soil through heavy dosage of pesticides and fertilizers

conclusion from my circumstances by adopting bamboo cultivation:
1) which bamboo variety is suitable for cultivation in red-black soil, which is ground water fed, situated in mantralayalam region, extent of 15 acres
2) Is it possible to sustain livelihood annually through bamboo plantation ? what is the investment per acre and returns per acre ?
3) which area is the closest market places to kurnool district (Andhra pradesh) apart from retail markets?
3) is it possible to re-stabilize the fertility of the soil through shredded bamboo leaves using decomposer method? and minimum duration it takes?
4) what kind of subsidy's and support available through Andhra pradesh government for bamboo cultivation? (if there is ?)
5) please guide with best methods to cultivate bamboo?

thank you,
& regards,
prem purushotham