Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Question I want to start dairy farming, but have no experience.

Register

Click Here!

allenguo913

I am a cattle farmer and I have been raising cattle for about 5 or 6 years. I have raised hundreds of cattle so far. I dare not say that I am an expert, but I still have some experience. A friend approached me and asked me to talk about my views on raising cattle and give you some experience. I have no culture, and it took a long time to finish writing. I also apologize to my friends.

One, no experience in raising cattle is not the main thing, the main thing is whether you can learn the experience with your heart. For those of you who have never been in contact with cows, I suggest you buy about 10 cows to feed them when you first start. Those who said they started large-scale farming at the very beginning and said where to introduce hundreds or hundreds of them, I guess you will not have any dead hair.

Don't say that I speak bad words. With so many cows, you have never thought about what they eat or drink. You only think about the scale. In the end, they will only die on a large scale.

2. What breed is better for raising cattle?

In fact, more than 100 people have asked me this question. I think every breed of cattle has its advantages and disadvantages. As for what breed of cattle you want to raise, it can be determined according to the actual local conditions.

For example, my native cattle are more popular. You have to raise some crossbreed cattle, and you still imagine that I can sell them through the Internet or other ways. Do you think it is possible? convenient? If you must think it is possible, then I have no way to persuade you. Of course, if you have a special sales method or relationship network, you can also.

In short, it is to adapt measures to local conditions and decide where it is based on local actual conditions. Don't say that if the native cattle are good, you can raise the native cattle, and if the Simmental cattle are good, you can breed the Simmental cattle. In the end, you are nothing.

Third, I will focus on the introduction of cattle.

First of all, I do not recommend breeding farms and it is not reliable unless it is a local retailer or farmer who does not have cattle, this situation is not likely to be many.

Why is this? The cattle on the farms are generally all raised in captivity, and even some of them don’t have sports fields. The venues for activities are relatively small and the forage raised is relatively simple. Zhuanglekang is effective for fattening, and the immunity and resistance of cattle are lower.  It’s different for farmers or free-range households. Their cows run every day, eating all kinds of whole grains. They eat almost anything. They run around every day. Exercise is good for your health. Both cows and people are the same.

cattle.jpeg

raashi

Most of the inquiries for a new job like yours - Diary Farming etc., need a lot of on-hand information to get proper advice.
1. How many acres of Land you have at your disposal.
2. To have 10 to 20 Cows milking, 5 Maintenance cow and heifer maintenance you need separate fenced areas.
3. Care to all must be uniform with Love and affection - CARE.
4. Everything in the Farm becomes recyclable and you will get returns from all.
5. minimum of 10 acres of Land is must to plan it properly.
6. Milking Parlour for 20 Cows is must in which you can milk up to 60 Cows.
7. 1 acre for each type of grass is required for fodder arrangement.
8. Besides you must have dry leaf or hay feed from time to time.

Need to Mechanise completely.
Then only it is profitable.

Last edited by a moderator:

vrikshaay

Sir, How can we find such expert workers.. Is there any agency who involved in it.. or any contact details where we can get workers.. We are planning a diary farm in Kerala... Please advise.
We can provide complete consultancy support for your dairy project. See our earlier posts under this name and old posts under the name: greenlandfns.
Please contact us privately by clicking on our name >》start conversation.