Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Goat Farm Solutions

Register

Click Here!

jlnehru

Guidance for goat farming

I would like to start goat/sheep farming. Please guide us on following.
1. Where can I get required training ?
2. What kind of land is required ? and basic amenities plus investments.
3. I was told, some organic farming available for feeding.
5. How do we get some finance assistance ?
6. Technical support to make more safe & secure environment.

smy82482

Dear jlnehru,
1.u can get training in krishi udyog kendra(government agriculture office) of your district.
2.It requires an semi fertile land for fodder cultivation.Investement depends on type of breed.
3.U can turn your land into organic farming by utilizing animal wastes,pesticides etc.There are very rare organic farmings which are available on lease.
4.U can get finance assistance by providing mortgage of your farm land to bank.
NABARD is proividing loans for goat farm with 25%-50% subsidy on loan amount.
5.Kindly elaborate last question.

ptsundar

Subsidies for chaff cutter

Hi smy82482,

I would like to know whether Tamilnadu govt is providing subsidies for Agri machinery like Chaff cutter and Crop cutter, which is use full for Goat farming.
If so, then what is the procedure for that.

Thanks in advance.

chinnam

dear sir we are apreciate you for all replies for questions from members. i too want to start goat farm but my problem is...................
1. what is intensive food for the goats ? can we stock or grow grass for the goats? or available the grass in the markets?
2. the land reqirement for 100 goats?
3. any grass can we grow in the field ? i mean we cant grow leaves for the goats.
i hope to hear from you soon. thanking you in advance.

chinnam
naidutc@gmail.com

smy82482

goat farm

Hi smy82482,

I would like to know whether Tamilnadu govt is providing subsidies for Agri machinery like Chaff cutter and Crop cutter, which is use full for Goat farming.
If so, then what is the procedure for that.

Thanks in advance.
Yes tamilnadu govt provides 10%subsidy on machinery.Visit your districts krishi vidnyan kendra(government agricultural department and industrial department) it is all over india.Also u can get chaff cutter under prime minister scheme for unemployers.
Required documents
land proof,school leaving certificate,photo identity,address proof,no dues certificate from bank and your farm lands society,address proof from gramsevak,2 pass port photo,unemployment regristration certificate.

smy82482

goat farm

dear sir we are apreciate you for all replies for questions from members. i too want to start goat farm but my problem is...................
1. what is intensive food for the goats ? can we stock or grow grass for the goats? or available the grass in the markets?
2. the land reqirement for 100 goats?
3. any grass can we grow in the field ? i mean we cant grow leaves for the goats.
i hope to hear from you soon. thanking you in advance.

chinnam
naidutc@gmail.com
1.Yes u can grow grass for goats.And its very cheap.Look my project report.[
U can grow napier and many other grases.They has rapid growth rate.Fodders are also availabe in market.But they are very costly.
2.Land requirement is dependent on crops that u have choosen.
3.Yes u can grow grass on field and can cut with chaff cutter so that goats can easily eat.

Last edited:

sunny49

intersted in Goat farming

Dear Sir,
I m interested in Goat farming . Presently working as a Branch manager
in a company but not interested anymore. Well!!! My problem is I am Totally blank about Goat farming. Kindly let me know the important points to be kept in mind while starting a Goat farming. I just know that the Goat farming is one of the best way to earn money in this competitive world but how can i obtain training about the same ......

smy82482

Dear sunny49,
At present goat farming is the most profitable business.Many IT Professionals,engineers are starting goat farm.There was a thread on this forum that IT professionals are turning as farmers.Many IT Professionals,businessmans,workers,doctors shared their postive views.
U can obtain training in krishi vidnanyn kendra of your district.Where u live presently?

danish123

help regarding goat breeds

sir,this is danish kalsekar from mumbai.i have land in rajapur (konkan).i have 1 qts can sirohi,sojat&barbari goats servive in konkan region.

novsheer

Hai Sir,

First of all thanks for your valuable feedback and immidiate responses to the query posted, I appreciate your work, you are doing a great job by serving people without expecting any returns, May Almighty bless you with full of happines and peace in your life..

I am from Belur, Hassan dist, Karnataka & my query is

1. Can i use Chicken poultry sheds for goat farming? ( Normal sheds with red tiles for roof, paddy husk on muddy floor etc)
2. What do you suggest for Flooring ( cement concrete or normal soilly floor) and why?
3. For Meat purpuse which is the suitable breed ?
4. Shed space requirement for 100 Goats with kids?

Please give me your contact no?

with regards

Last edited by a moderator:

smy82482

sir,this is danish kalsekar from mumbai.i have land in rajapur (konkan).i have 1 qts can sirohi,sojat&barbari goats servive in konkan region.
Dear danish,
sirohi goat breed is native of desert areas gujrat,and rajasthan . So the pure sirohi breed requires extreme hot and cold climatic condtions.They are more prone to diseases in rainy climatic conditions of konkan.They are good for stall feed if they are protected well from rain water.
Jamunapari is native breed of uttar pradesh.They are grazing breeds so not suitable for stall feed.

Sojat is native of rajasthan its a small goat produces very little milk.Its reroduction length is 12-14 months gives birth to single 50% and twins 50%.

So if u starting a stall feed goatfarm go with sirohi and sojat goat breeds they are best for stall feed goat farms.U have to sell them in gujrat and rajasthan it has high demand there not in konkan areas.
Think once again about osmanabadi breed as they are best in all respect(meat,milk,kidding) and has high demand in your native area.Grows well in all parts of india.So by selling them u can earn fast cash at any time.

smy82482

Goats

Hai Sir,

First of all thanks for your valuable feedback and immidiate responses to the query posted, I appreciate your work, you are doing a great job by serving people without expecting any returns, May Almighty bless you with full of happines and peace in your life..

I am from Belur, Hassan dist, Karnataka & my query is

1. Can i use Chicken poultry sheds for goat farming? ( Normal sheds with red tiles for roof, paddy husk on muddy floor etc)
2. What do you suggest for Flooring ( cement concrete or normal soilly floor) and why?
3. For Meat purpuse which is the suitable breed ?
4. Shed space requirement for 100 Goats with kids?

Please give me your contact no?

with regards
Dear novsheer,
Thank you for appreciating my work.
1.Yes u can use poultry farms shed for goat farm.Make it little modified allow proper ventilation,replace husk every 15days.
2.This is the main question that all goat farmers wanted to know.Cement concerete or rough tiles floor with drainage facility of urine is always best,but u have to wash and then dry the floor every second day with clean water.And the drain urine is then used in fields for growing fodder.So your manure is saved which by selling them u can earn maximum profit. All high tech goat farms and dairy farms has this technique.
3.For meat purpose boer and osmanabadi goats are best.But boer is too costly.
4.Shed space requirement is 4000sqft for stall feed.100 female goats,5 male and their kids.