Areas of Expertise: Sericulture development – planning, implementation and monitoring (Specialty – Mulberry, Eri and Muga sericulture)
Talk to a Sericulture Expert with over 3 decades of experience and over 25 published research papers in the subject.
One hour consultation session will include:
1. Appraisal of the pros and cons of taking up sericulture as an agricultural profession.
2. Evaluation – whether sericulture is the correct solution for the speaker
3. Find out the suitable areas for mulberry or other silk production based on inputs received, while consulting
4. Suggestion of systematic steps for introduction of sericulture
5. Preparation of activity timeline
6. Requirement of infrastructure, equipment, labour for sericulture farming will be shared.
7. Marketing issues and risks in sericulture farming is discussed
8. Guidance on loans – will prepare bank documents for loan or subsidy on task based payment options.
Research Assistant, Research Officer, Deputy Director and Scientist-D in Research Institutes, Silkworm Seed Laboratory, National Silkworm Seed Organisation and Muga & Eri Silkworm Seed Organisation and lead a team of planners and project appraisal team before superannuation
Independent Consultant to reputed International Consultant Company, NGOS of Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and International Insect Food groups.
- Three important projects formulated and executed /under execution – which has direct relevance to field problems i.e. preservation of non-diapause mulberry seeds, Identification of chemical dye for male moths and Identification of botanicals to enhance reproductive parameters.
- Successfully demonstrated under field condition. First successful preservation technique worked out and reported for long term preservation of CB seed for 80-90 days in India. Now widely used for lakhs of dfls preservation.
- Formulated two more highly valuable and innovative projects : one with applying solar passive energy in rearing house for providing optimum conditions in seed cocoon generation and the other project is on improvement of muga seed production techniques using double step preservation technique of pupae and seed & diapause induction.
- Coordination member for R&D initiative on introduction of Ericulture in T.N. and Pondicherry.
- New project idea mooted: on Evaluation and feasibility study of solar refrigerator for silkworm seed technology.
- Faculty-teaching/training: Taught mulberry seed technology, Silkworm rearing Technology to all the courses.
- Course coordinator for DTS and STS courses and Refresher courses under ICTRETS ( SDC sponsored)-ICTRETS training programme.
- Guided four research students (STS) in their research project in sericulture research -Co –guide to one DSM course student in their project studies. Customer needs and preference analysis study and analysis of a commercial seed centre (SSPC, Mysore).
- Introduction of Management course in Sericulture (DSM) –concept proposed and assisted in planning and execution of establishment of course.
- Formulation of Seed action plans for the zone.-Summer month seed cocoon generation planning and implementation coordination.
- Contributed significantly P1 seed supply and progress monitoring system development for 12% increase in seed, higher recovery, minimal write off of dfls and effective usage of seed cocoon generated.
- Formulated new project for SGSY funding for Mulberry and Ericulture development in Hoshangabad, Betul , Jabua & Ratlam Districts of Madhya Pradesh, Lai, Mara and Chakma districts of Mizoram .
- Guided and updated colleagues (SRO) works in formulation of Sp. SGSY projects of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand & Bihar.
- As Lead scientist of Regional Muga Research Station, Boko , Assam Guiding the team of researchers in applied research on Muga silk worms, training and transfer /extension of technologies developed.
- As head of Muga & Eri Silkworm Seed organisation, demonstrated in problem solving approach to muga seed production, produced most needed muga basic seed in new cooler locations and contributed in revival of muga silk Industry from decline- head of a very Important division at CSB head Quarters in project planning and mulberry seed production planning and implementation
- Published over 25 research papers as author, Co–author in science journals /Conferences/Periodicals, Presented two papers in International Wild Silk Moth Conference at Tokyo in 2010
One Hour Talk with Sericulture Expert
You can now speak to the expert over phone and have a detailed discussion about your sericulture questions and seek guidance on tropical sericulture technology and silk projects.
Once the payment is made, we will contact you to set up a time for the call with the expert. The call duration is normally 1 hour. The call will be usually completed within one week.