AgricultureInformation.com

Thread: Need advice on dairy farming around bangalore

Default Need advice on dairy farming around bangalore

What is net profit that can be earned for 20 cows and what could be the investment...

Deva
    Last edited by moderator A; December 9th, 2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Dairy Farming

Dear Friend,

Dairy farming is not like any production factory.Unexpectedly a disease or feeding problems can create trouble.You need to keep your vigil always on the herd.Learn good management techniques, breeding methods,when to do it and when you should not breed your cow, record keeping, keep individual registers for input and output for each cow,treatment records,you need complete history of your farm,history of deworming each cow,calves etc.In case of any trouble, records helps the doctor and it helps you too.

Now a days cost per cow will between 35000 to 45000/- good HF cows.

All the best!!!

MKTVM

Quote Originally Posted by echakra View Post
    What is net profit that can be earned for 20 cows and what could be the investment...

Deva

Thanks for the valuable reply..

Would like to have some info on the following..

1. Apprx milk per day given by HF cows mentioned above.
    2. Approx maintainence cost per day per cow, in terms of food and water.

Request you to throw some light over this?

Default Sir, I am NRI want to open cattle farm please guide me

Sir,

I am NRI and also i am ex-service man. Intrested in opening Farm close to bangalore. Like to know in detail regarding opening farming and other formalities like applying for loan.

Regards
    Ganesh

Dairy farming is not like any production factory.Unexpectedly a disease or feeding problems can create trouble.You need to keep your vigil always on the herd.Learn good management techniques, breeding methods,when to do it and when you should not breed your cow, record keeping, keep individual registers for input and output for each cow,treatment records,you need complete history of your farm,history of deworming each cow,calves etc.In case of any trouble, records helps the doctor and it helps you too.

Now a days cost per cow will between 35000 to 45000/- good HF cows.

All the best!!!

MKTVM[/QUOTE]

Blog Entries

To: echakra,

See, one cannot guarantee the milk yield for one cow. Suppose you buy one cow which is yielding 20 litres of milk.( 15 to 30 litres is very common in HF cows now a days,See the milk yield with your own eyes,three milking time continously and buy).For 20 litre yielding cow, you must give 400 gms of Good cattle feed preferably pelleted feed,400 gms per litre of yield (say 8 kg for 20 litre cow) and an additional 2 kg for body maintenance. ie; for a day you need to give 10 kg for production and an additional 2 kg for body maintenanence; totally 12 kg. Give it in the form of a paste,after soaking it in water.If you need to give water you can give it later. Green fodder of minimum 25 kg per cow,calcium and mineral supplementation also needs to be given as per your doctors advice. The cost will vary depending upon your area , cost of cattle feed,calcium powder, mineral mixtures,fodder availability etc.Hay is generally used as a stomach filler.Its helps very little in production. Hope this will satisfy you. if you need any further info post it. All the best!!

MKTVM
    Last edited by mktvm; December 24th, 2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: add more information

Blog Entries

In starting stage its better to keep 10 cows, learn the art of cow farming. Avoid brokers while purchasing cows. Avoid farms too. Imagine i have a farm and you are coming to buy cows. i will give the cows which are non productive or having some incurable disease. Better to go with a reliable farmer friend who knows how to select cows. A fat cow may not give good milk i mean more quantity. Good cows are available at kaverippattinam, near krishnagiri, after hosur, Bangalore- Salem route. You may have to negotiate hard.

You need a cow shed with sloped floor towards the back of the cow. A mild slope for the water to drain (say 1 %). If slope is too much, it will be dangerous for cows, human beings and for pregnant cows. A cow needs a standing place of 2 meter length and 4 feet width apart from the feeding manger in front of the cow 1/2 metre.

You don’t need any special permission from any govt body to start dairy farm. The building (cow shed) needs building permit as per your plan from the local panchayat. There is absolutely no harm in using machines. You will get good, clean, hygienic milk without froth from the machine.

For 10 cows if you need a single can machine 1 or 2 people can manage. We have a Kannada speaking service person who can install and train your staff.

Having a bulk milk cooler is a good idea because milk will not get spoiled. (not recommended for 10 cows). but if you have the facility to sell the milk as soon as it is milked, you don’t have to spend money for buying a cooler. Please do not buy local coolers, buy it from reputed companies only.

Milking machines normally works on electricity and it has a milking can with 30 litre capacity. Buy only good machines with pneumatic oil free pulsator and vacuum pump. We are in that business. It’s better to have generator back up as during milking time you need power back up.

Money is there from the front of the cow ( milk) and back of the cow ( cow dung conversion to organic manure or vermi compost with earthworms- you make vermi compost by leaving good earth worms- its having good demand in places where vegetable cultivation/flowers/coconut/where ever is there chemical fertilizer is used.)

Maintaining buffaloes is good but not recommended for beginners. Keep cows, learn the art of dairying, and then you can venture into buffaloes. They yield less compared to cows, but as the fat percentage in milk is more you may get more money for their milk per litre cost. (Buffalo curd is tastier).

When they become old you dispose it off or give it to some goshala. When they are dry, inseminate them if they are in good health. For any cow dry period is there.

I hope i have clarified your doubts. I am Murali Krishnan, who worked for nearly 20 years in this line, now doing my own business. i had met with a very serious accident last October in my Scorpio and unfortunately i got left side paralysis. I am typing now using my right hand, I have recovered but facial left paralysis remains. i can walk and move my left hand but not like what i was using my left hand before. Milking parlour means milker will be standing in a pit and cows will stand in a platform and the milk from its udder will get collected in a SS pipe in the centre and falls finally to a bulk milk cooler or collecting vessel. No milking cans will be there. Milk from the udder of the cow will go the milk cooler untouched by hand. The milk given by each cow can be measured using milk meters installed in the SS pipeline. You can measure and record the yield of each cow when you do it this way but it’s expensive. You need a small trolley machine with 30 litre can cluster assembly with oil free pneumatic pulsator. With one can you should be able to milk 10 cows in one hour. For cleaning milking equipment like milking cans you need acid and alkaline detergents. Soap is ruled out as milk will get the smell of soap.

I am importing machines from turkey which is ISO certified and manufactured as per European norms. You may consult a chartered accountant who has experience in preparing agri project reports. I visited turkey last year to learn more on dairy farming.

Drinking bowl ensures that your cow gets good clean drinking water whenever it needs, from the overhead tank. Water starts flowing when cow puts it head inside by the lower jaw of the cow pressing the lever inside the water bowl. A good cow requires about 100 litres of water a day.

Calf bottle- for calves, you can feed required quantity of milk through the feeding bottle. its better to avoid to leave the calves for drinking milk from the cow's udder as it may bite and injure the cow. if pain is there cow will not give you milk.

With Chaff cutter you can cut CO3 grass (which grows up to 7 feet height, may be more too) to small pieces. For 10 cows hand driven is more than enough.

Keep in touch.

Regards

Murali Krishnan
    Sri Vinayaka Agencies
    please contact..

You can contact any nationalised bank with a project report to avail loans. Never use any intermediaries to get finance. Approach directly.Its very easy to get loans provided you give security for the loan amount.
    Last edited by moderator A; December 27th, 2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

Blog Entries

Dear Ganesh,

the message above is for you.i forgot to mention your name.

regards

MKTVM

We are very glade to inform you that our company “Greentech Organic Hydroponics Systems” manufacture a unit for the Maize/ Wheat grass fodder production in which you can produce Maize/ Wheat seedling by hydroponics techniques (Soil less culture) so it will ultimately produce microbes free, 100% organic healthy lush green seedlings of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder with less cost and in small area of 8ft x 4ft x 10ft with fully automated system, which can help you to boost up the production of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder in any climate condition with less input cost.

Blog Entries

Dear e chakra,

Milk yield - tricky question. There is no other way than to milk the cow you are going to buy continously for 3 times,irrespective of the milking time.suppose you start observing a cow today evening.You must see the milking tomorrow early morning and tomorrow evening.Better to watch morning twice and evening once.Select the timing accordingly.

The milk yield is directly related to so many factors like .1. the feed intake .2.Milking method: hand milking (even in hand milking the person should be the same,the milking rhythm matters a lot!!,),or machine milking, 3.presence of strangers during milking time. 4. feeding habits during milking time or giving something to drink. 5.music played - 6.external disturbances(sound i mean).

See,its very difficult to say the maintenanence cost for cows because it depends on how much fodder you give,hay too, cattle feed ? kg,cakes,brans,mineral mixtures,vitamin supplementation,calcium powders. Moreover the cost will vary for these things from place to place village to village.For a cow, 400 gms per litre of milk, additional 2 kg for body maintenance, vitamin and mineral mixtures cost, brans,calcium powders available in your area.take the cost of cattle feed in your area and calculate it according to the recommendation,add cost of mineral mixtures,vitamins,brans etc.Very difficult to say approximate cost.Water consumption depends on the type of feed fed that day.It will take plain water too from the drinking bowl or just drink plain water.Measure it and give one day to give you an idea. if you need more info email or pm me