Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Future for Farmar

Register

Click Here!

mskochar1959

Hello all
Sorry,heading is little ........but can i am wrong....is there any one who can take a side of farmer.
politician,social worker,actor,Hero's who r acting like Lal Bahadur shastri.......and etc.
I am from farmer family but hesitate to become former.Farmers r poor why

shajathali

Farmers are Poor Why/

There is a solution for all problems. There is nothing in this world without a way.
The reason behind the poor is not one, there are so many.
The main reason is.... Farmers take 4 - 6 months to harvest a agro product say for Rice, he is poor.
The trader who transmit the rice from the farmer to the user in couple of days or weeks is rich.
Just by shifting the product from the farmers place to the user he is getting more and become rich.
So marketing is more profitable than producing whether it is agri product or otherwise.

Why don't the farmer takes steps to market his produce directly to the end user, fine the farmer may be uneducated,
what about his next generation. The fact is that the next generation of a farmer studies either MBBS or Engineering and becomes doctor or working
in the very same marketing department either in Chennai, Bangalore etc.,

I am not saying that Farmers son should not go for doctor or engineering, if he is cabable he or she can. but in reality 90% of the un employeed engineers are from Village

Whos mistake

Shajath ali
shajath@gmail.com

krsna11

Hi

Farmers are not poor, they are made poor.

In Mahabharata there is saying "The most wonderful thing in this world is that, although everyone is dying, people think that they will somehow live forever."

Like the same way everyone in this globe work hard for a meal but they behave as if the food is not important. Before we studied three important things for a human that is Food, Cloth & Shelter but now it as become Shelter, cloth & food. Again a day will come where the former is given important.

In farming business except the farmer everyone else whose business depend upon farmer makes money (seed, fertilizer, govt, bank, middle men, transportation etc). Here everyone else except the farmer is to be blamed, for farmer being poor. For instance take a bank, when a bank provides loan to a farmer after so many much of formalities, the bank is never bothered how the money is being used by the farmer. Most of the banks agri officer ( they don't even know what farming is ) doesn't bother to follow up the farmer. After giving him the loan the bank should help him out to repay the loan by proper consultation to the farmer from the beginning that is from land preparation till marketing. But they don't because they know if a farmer is not able to pay the loan the govt will. Also here the farmer too behaves the same way.

In each and every sector there are people how are not success. And another problem in farming is education, most of the farmers are not educated as I said this education is important to gain knowledge. So this is where the farmers are lacking, they are good at farming but they don't know or really bothered beyond farming ( the important of their product ). If you take other sectors they know the important of their product. Here a farmer does what another farmer as done, he never does any experiment.

Another thing for farmer being poor is the climate change. Here its not farmers fault neither god fault, its the fault of human population. Every one over here needs own shelter, own vehicle and many more gadgets. So now what happened, social and natural forest cover has come down and obviously soil lost its health, it doesn't have the power to pull the rain & now the farmer becomes poor.

At last let me tell you one thing life is a cycle, a day will come where farming sector is going to bloom again and I promise you this is going to happen and we are not very far from this.

Have you ever thought you will be paying a penny for a glass of water.

Whatever the job or business may be, you should love what you do then you never ever will be worried about failure or poor.

Thank you
Sivaram