Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

osmanabadi goats for sale

Register

Click Here!

smy82482

BEST OSMANABADI GOATS FOR YOUR FARM
"we provide you the pure breeding osmanabadi goats at reasonable prices"

Osmanabadi goats are recommended by the veterinary doctors for goat farming.You will get the best of female goats(does),which yields plenty of milk(1-2lit per day) and kids (4-8 per yr).The best part of these osmanabadi goats is that,they can accomodate easily in any part of the country,they are disease resistants so that they provides you huge profit in lesser time.They eats any farm fodder,vegetables,grass,pulp of pulses which are usually thrown by the farmers as waste part.Start your goat farm business with these specially selected osmanabadi goats and earn handsome profit.
All our goats are healthy.

To now more about goat farming visit my thread http://www.agricultureinformation.com/forums/livestock-farming/82901-goat-farm-solutions.html

Dr.Shaikh

websites:
www.osmanabadigoat.com
www.goatfarm.co.in
www.goatfarming.net

Email:
contact@goatfarm.co.in
contact@goatfarming.net

Last edited:

goat farming - advice required

Dear Shaikh, thanks for good information, you are giving to people who are interested in goatery. I would like to present following scenario and seek your advice.
1. I have 5 acres land with mango trees, with this only; I would like to use this land for growing the fodder for goatery of 100 goats. This land is 5 km away from the road and don’t have good road for access. So I don’t want to make a goatery, instead I would like to make goatery farm in my other 1 acre land which has good state road highway connectivity; Can I do like this; I would like to develop fodder in my 5 acres land which has mango trees, what are the disadvantages of fodder in this land and what is effect of this on the cost of management of goatery and my other questions;

2. My mango trees in this land is 5 years old and if I grow the fodder in this area, for how many goats I can feed this fodder (I assume, fodder growth in 5 acres of the land is sufficient for 100 goats + 400 kids)

3. Can I feed mango tree leaves to the goat?

4. What is the difference between the boer goat and osmanabadi. Boer growth rate is faster, is the osmanabadi matches with boer with respect to growth rate.

5. If I start the goat farming, should I register my goat farming in government? If yes, where and what are the advantage of registering, if am starting the goatery without the loan

6. In many of the project report, kidding interval / period is taken as 8 month and in 2 years, 3 kidding period. But in your osmanabadi, you state that its 6 months, how did you achieve this and is it true.

7. Please give me some of the farm names, where osmanabadi goatery is done in Bangalore, tumkur, mysore area, I would like to visit them.

8. How is the demand for osmanabadi goats in Karnataka, Tamilnadu and Maharastra and in gulf countries?

9. What to do with dead goats, how to dispose them? Can we sell them.

10. Is there any technique to identify the near to die goats?

smy82482

Re:goatery - need advice

Dear mahesh rao,
Thanks for your appreciation.

1.Regarding land,goat farming requires fertile land,not semi-fertile as you have to grow green and dry fodder throughout the year.Also it requires plenty of water.
So if you are able to cultivate fodder on your mango farm throughout the year,then it will be no problem to make goatery farm with mango farm.
For shed it requires non-fertile or arid land,the hard soil land.
There are no disadvantages,if you manage to grow green fodder throughout the year.
You are placing goats far away from fodder cultivation,so think of transportation charges of fodder from your mango farm to goat farm.

2.5 acres of fertile land is sufficient to grow fodder for 100 goats and their kids.
As you are having mango plantation,i think you will required additional 2 acres of fertile land.You can take nearby land on lease if its possible.

3.No,you cant feed mango tree leafs to goats.Goats dislikes the mango tree leaves so they will not eat the leaves all the time.Also the nutritional requirements(proteins,carbohydrates and fats) are very low in mango leaves.Goats requires highly balance fodder.

4.The main difference between the boer and osmanabadi is of growth rate and palatability(taste) of meat.
Boer has very high growth rate but low meat palatability.Whereas osmanabadi goat has intermidiate growth rate and has high palatability of meat.
Osmanabadi is an indian breed,so osmanabadi or any other goat breed doesn't matches the growth rate of boer. Sirhoi can attain weight similar to boer but not as fast as that of boer.

Meat of boer contains high amount of fat as compare to other goat breeds.Its generally not preferable in India.

Regarding marketing,osmanabadi goat breed or any other local goat breed gets easily sold in local market as compare to boer.Local goat market is the main market where you will sale your breeding goats(meat goats) at high profitable rates.
No butcher in a local market will buy a 100kg of goat(boer) at high rates.Butchers requires medium size goats(20kg-40kg) to sale their meat in market.
You have to sell boer goats 2-3 times high rate as compare to other Indian goat breed,coz you have expense 2-3 times high on its fodder,vaccination and shelter while growing them.

5.No,there is no need to register your goat farm with government,unless you are exporting goat meat.

6.That's an average period calculated,and it depends on goat breed.For Jamanapari its 11 months in 2 years, in sirohi 8 months and osmanabadi 6 months.Kidding period merely depends on type of fodder that you supply them and handling of goats.
In any goat gestation period is of 5 months and after that it shows estrous cycle coming in heat after 21 days,if you have supplied goats with high nutritional fodder.To know more click here 3.Estrus cycle,Mating,Puberty - My website
But after 21 days,generally goat farmers wont mate their goats after pregnancy they allows them to rest to achieve better results further.
Yes this is true that we achieve kidding period in 6 months(190days),as we are in goat farming since years.We give goats rest of 1 estrus cycle(its total of 42 days,as again 21 days are require to show eat), from the day of delivering kids.
For more explanation please visit this page 4.Dry/Resting Period in Goats - My website

Or consult any veterinary expert.

7.Presently we don't have any information regarding that.

8.Demand for any goats not only of osmanabadi,but for any local goat is very high not only in Karnataka, Tamil nadu and maharashtra,but all over India,as meat prices are increases day by day.Check the rates of meat previous 5 year;s old and present,they are nearly the double.
Gulf countries too have a great demand,but for meat having high palatability.
All indian goat breeds have demand for their meat in their respective local market,but We have to choose the best goat breed which gives more profit(more kids) in lesser time.
Thats why we have choose osmanabadi goat breed.

9.No you cant sell dead goats,except their skin.Its better to Insure the goats.

10.There are several signs and symptoms to identify an unhealthy or disease goats,It doesnt eats or drinks,body temperature gets rises,they wont stand on their feet remains sitted throughout the day etc.
So its always advisable to vaccinate goats from time to time,prior to any sympotms of disease.
However in some cases sudden death may also occurs due to snake or poisonus insect bite.

Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
Osmanabadi Goat
www.goatfarm.co.in
Dear Shaikh, thanks for good information, you are giving to people who are interested in goatery. I would like to present following scenario and seek your advice.
1. I have 5 acres land with mango trees, with this only; I would like to use this land for growing the fodder for goatery of 100 goats. This land is 5 km away from the road and don’t have good road for access. So I don’t want to make a goatery, instead I would like to make goatery farm in my other 1 acre land which has good state road highway connectivity; Can I do like this; I would like to develop fodder in my 5 acres land which has mango trees, what are the disadvantages of fodder in this land and what is effect of this on the cost of management of goatery and my other questions;

2. My mango trees in this land is 5 years old and if I grow the fodder in this area, for how many goats I can feed this fodder (I assume, fodder growth in 5 acres of the land is sufficient for 100 goats + 400 kids)

3. Can I feed mango tree leaves to the goat?

4. What is the difference between the boer goat and osmanabadi. Boer growth rate is faster, is the osmanabadi matches with boer with respect to growth rate.

5. If I start the goat farming, should I register my goat farming in government? If yes, where and what are the advantage of registering, if am starting the goatery without the loan

6. In many of the project report, kidding interval / period is taken as 8 month and in 2 years, 3 kidding period. But in your osmanabadi, you state that its 6 months, how did you achieve this and is it true.

7. Please give me some of the farm names, where osmanabadi goatery is done in Bangalore, tumkur, mysore area, I would like to visit them.

8. How is the demand for osmanabadi goats in Karnataka, Tamilnadu and Maharastra and in gulf countries?

9. What to do with dead goats, how to dispose them? Can we sell them.

10. Is there any technique to identify the near to die goats?

Last edited:

aqindex

Goat rearing

Dr Sheik, has done and excellent job explaining thing technically. Hats off Doctor. Your Knowledge seems unmatched.

Best Regards,
Onlooker.