Notices
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meli Dubia / Malai Vembu / Hebbevu saplings Available

1. #1 Meli Dubia / Malai Vembu / Hebbevu saplings Available 

Melia dubia / Malai Vembu / Hebbevu is a specie belonging to the neem family. This tree is known for its fast growth. In recent times the farmers around Karnataka, Tamil Nadu & Kerala have found the utitlity of this tree both as a low grade timber and also a very useful wood for ply wood industry. Under irrigated conditions this tree can be harvested at the end of 5th year for both timber and ply wood purpose. The aaproximate sale value of each 5 year old tree as per todays rates is Rs. 8000/- per tree.

The Karnataka & Tamil Nadu state Governments also have recognised the value of this tree and have been promoting the planting of this tree in all their afforestation programmes. However since the seeds have a major germination problem, the governments have failed to propogate this species in a big way.

Our Nursery produces about 5 lakh saplings year. Most of the saplings are consumed for our own plantations while some of them are also sold in the retail market.

Intersted parites may contact.....
    Last edited by moderator A; July 25th, 2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

i need saplings for three acres. can you tell me the cost of saplings...is there any variety? and i'm from tamilnadu.

Dear sivanataraj,

Malai Vembu is indeed a fast growing tree. Its wood has a high gloss when polished and is extensively used to make Photo frames.

From which part of Tamil Nadu are you from.

Dear Mr. Sivanataraj,

There are two varieties of this specie generally known as Melia dubia & Melia composita. The growth characteristics of both the species is the same. The difference is in the color of the bark and the shape of the seed.

Any spacing above 2.75 mts x 2.75 mts or 8' x 8' is fine. for 10' x 10 ' spacing you'll need about 450 saplings per acre including casualty replacement.

a 2 month old sapling of 2' feet height is sold at our nursery for Rs.15 /sapling.

5. #5 grooming in gujarat 

Dear sir,

i have around 150 acer land available in gujarat. Does plantation possible for malai vembu in gujarat climate. After 5 year who is the buyer for this. Next week i am coming tamil nadu. So it is possible that we can talk face to face regarding this.

Please contact on my personal mail.

Regards,
    rohan shah.
    Please contact.....
    Last edited by moderator A; August 7th, 2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

6. #6 Regarding availability of Melisa dubia 

Quote Originally Posted by satheesh gundappa View Post
    Dear Mr. Sivanataraj,

There are two varieties of this specie generally known as Melia dubia & Melia composita. The growth characteristics of both the species is the same. The difference is in the color of the bark and the shape of the seed.

Any spacing above 2.75 mts x 2.75 mts or 8' x 8' is fine. for 10' x 10 ' spacing you'll need about 450 saplings per acre including casualty replacement.

a 2 month old sapling of 2' feet height is sold at our nursery for Rs.15 /sapling.
    Where is you nursery located. I need plants near Chamarajanagar.Karnataka. I need around 300 plants .
    Please contact me through mail...
    Last edited by moderator A; August 7th, 2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

7. #7 Melia dubia (Malai vembu) saplings required 

Hello Sir,

I am Manikandan from Salem, tamilnadu, I had required 400 saplings for 1 acre. could you please sent me your price and contact details.

Regards,
    Manikandan

Melia dubia / Malai Vembu / Hebbevu is a specie belonging to the neem family. This tree is known for its fast growth. In recent times the farmers around Karnataka, Tamil Nadu & Kerala have found the utitlity of this tree both as a low grade timber and also a very useful wood for ply wood industry. Under irrigated conditions this tree can be harvested at the end of 5th year for both timber and ply wood purpose. The aaproximate sale value of each 5 year old tree as per todays rates is Rs. 8000/- per tree.

The Karnataka & Tamil Nadu state Governments also have recognised the value of this tree and have been promoting the planting of this tree in all their afforestation programmes. However since the seeds have a major germination problem, the governments have failed to propogate this species in a big way.

Our Nursery produces about 5 lakh saplings year. Most of the saplings are consumed for our own plantations while some of them are also sold in the retail market.

can u please give me ur mobile number

can u give me ur mobile number mail me
    Last edited by moderator A; July 18th, 2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: only business members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

10. #10 Malai dubia 

Hai sateesh,

I need malai vembu seedlings for 100 acres border how many sapplings requied and what is the price for sappling and the cost of transportation to andhra pradesh, west godavari pl send me the quotation
    Ram prasad.

Last edited by moderator A; July 18th, 2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast