Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

" Community Farming & Dairy Farming ideas for Chennai,Bangalore IT & BPO employees"

Register

Click Here!

sriramwinn

Farming is our own livelihood & Second Business & Creating and Protecting wealth. (I am also working person like u.This is our Disaster recovery or Business continuity plan for our Current Job)

Plan is to buy 1 acre minimum for each person collectively and monthly contribution will be for next 5 years for growth the company and farm. First investment...3.5 lakhs approx, monthly we will be investing.. minimum 4000 or 5000 for maintaining the farm buying cattle like buffaloes etc. (This process will be sometime..we need invest and see the growth..(Positively few crores worth we will after 5 years, if all is well and same way we need prepare bear the loss as well).. whoever ok with this plan pls reply me here with your email id we can have discussions or email me at issc.groups@gmail.com) this is joint effort for farming ..

1. Why we need to do farming.
We can foresee to end our corporate rat race in next 5 to 10 years. Because we dont want impress and work for some other person or company who dont care my health or family and just i dont keep on stress how to impress the boss in every appraisal in the end i get 5 to 10 % hike and all these to just for survival. Till man eat natural food farming will exists. We will work for us time and money invested will grow with us end of day we will get satisfaction of doing it.

2. How we are going to plan and execute.
Sustainable model I believe, means we need to do diversified investment if 3 crops fails and 2 crop bail out us like that.

I vision list are
1. Organic farming of vegetables, short term crops. ( in months we will get return)
2. Dairy farming. (All day)
3. Medium term mango, drum stick, coconut, etc.
4. Sandalwood, teak and silverwood for longterm.
5. Small goats and chicken farm.
6. Small solar park and gobar gas plant ( cow dung from diary farm will be raw material)
7.Water desalination plant.

land is limited and farming is prone to various environmental factors which is tough to scale up. But dairy farming we can scale up.

simple calculation currently we are 10 members (approx)

imagine we have bought land, now every month we will buy 2 buffalo 5000 *10 = 50000, in 4 years approx we will have 150 buffaloes , per day milk yield is approx in 150 buffaloes .. we will take 90 bufflaoes in milk yeilding period

per day per bufflao = minimum 9 litres

90 bufflaoes 9 literes = 90 * 9 = 810 litres after various factors cost , labour we conclude 650 litres we sell to arkokya or aavin (there are projects in arokya people come in van they will come collect daily from our farm itself, so no selling pressure for us)

650 litres = Per litre selling price we assume Rs.18

Apporx daily income will be = 650 *18 = 11700 we will further round off.... Rs.10000 daily

approx Rs 1000 for every partner receive.

Think we if we scale up this farm to 400 or 500 cows we will be running a big company in next 5 to 10 years.

addition to this farming we will have organic farming, goats and little pond we can have for buffaloes where can grow fishes and cow dung manure we can use for farming etc.

guess sustainable model will work.

3. What we will get benefit out of it.

Now we are working for some other person...my aim is my our generation need to be a boss.

After a company was formed and grown we will list our company in stock markets etc. we all will be promoters and owners of the company.

4. What is our priority.
Trust, transparency, relationship and help each other will be priority. without this trust only most of the partnership firms fail.

Regards
Sriram Nagarajan

harishpatil

Dear Sriram, I encourage ur thoughts of community diary farm or integrated farming idea but along with that i want to caution u as a diary farmer and agriculturist u need to know about the field very deep regarding practical problems . i am in this field from past 15 years and i am a diary farmers association president in our region and i am already prepared to go for community diary from our association very soon , regarding ur thoughts i can help if u need Regards Harish Patil President, Davanagere Diary farmers associations mail:patilharsha6@gmail.com