Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

What is the most powerful media for reaching out to farmers?

Register

Which of these new media is most effective to reach the farmers?

• Newspapers

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Radio

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Internet

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Others

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Click Here!

editorialteam

Dear Readers,

"Mr. Nallamuthu, Founder, Thumba Agro Technologies says -

Which is the powerful media for getting Immediate and Latest Information for farmers?
Nowadays many new technologies are available for Agriculture Industry. The only way to update all the information is internet. So the farmer must learn using internet to know new technologies with full specifications and videos."

Please reply back to this thread and share your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Shweta - Editorial Team

editorialteam

Mr. Santanu Kumar Patra, Subarnarekha Agri Services says-

Internet has to be used. It will be possible only when group and collective approach is there. Most of our farmers cannot access internet, and only a few educated & affluent farmers can. They can disseminate information to other members of the group.

Subarnarekha Agri Services
Place-Near LIC Office, P.O.-Jaleswar, Dist-Baleswar, St-Odisha,Pin-756032
Mob: 9437066720
Email: santanuorissa@gmail.com

Last edited:

editorialteam

Mr. Deepak Khurana, partner, Khurana Dairy Farm says-

Though the farmers are interested and would like to upgrade but dependence on internet for most of them is still not possible. Instead issue of leaflets, krishi, Melas, Demonstration Farms and interactive sessions with farmers will serve a better purpose. Even providing assistance to established cooperatives will be useful.

Khurana Dairy Farm
Bhiwani-Hissar Link Road
Rohtak-124001 (Haryana)
Mob: 92156 40054
Email: deepakkhurana24@rediffmail.com

editorialteam

Mr. Basant Kumar, Founder and Managing Partner, WiNaturals says-

Absolutely yes but the infrastructure for the same should also be strong enough to support the initiative.

WiNaturals
Shanthi Basant Kumar No.1, Deshapran Sasmal Road, Tollygunge, Kolkata 700033
Mob: 08981011151/08981011150/09920641869
Email: bk@winaturals.com

editorialteam

Mr. Kalaimani Doraisamy, Founder and Proprietor Srinithi Agro Farm says-

Only small group of people understand this. Now lots of graduates are coming towards farming, using internet which teaches new technology. But this is not possible always as a farmer will ask why he should suffer for others.

Srinithi Agro Farm
13/ 3, Lakshmipuram Main Road, Lakshmipuram, Velachery, Chennai 600042.
Mob: 9976993795
Email: agrikalai@yahoo.com

editorialteam

Mr. Hari Nair, Manager Operations, Poabs Organic Estates says-

I don't fully endorse that view, because all the information on the internet are not true and not proven. Hence we cannot tell the farmer to try it fully in his farm because he will lose a full farming season if he fails. So it has to be after the trials all these to be done. Yes to an extent the internet will give him some ideas of the different cultural practices around the world.

Poabs Organic Estates
PO Kuttur ,
Tiruvalla
Kerala, India
Phone: 91 09447799626, 04692743300
Email: mail@poabs.com

editorialteam

Mr. Sunil Agarwal, Head Operation & Marketing, Darjeeling Gardens Pvt Ltd says-

As far as i have seen so many areas under agriculture most of the new technologies in this field are used by southern part of the country and Gujarat. This is only due to the awareness of the individual and so by the encouragement from the government.

Most of the areas in the north-eastern including Darjeeling Hill and seven sisters of the country still doesn’t have good connectivity of roads and so is the network, therefore there is no question on the using of internet. Again there must be some government agencies (DHO) they must make them (farmers) to know about new technologies with some demos and practicality if it is viable. If this should be privatised then i believe it would be successful due to its commercial nature.

Darjeeling Gardens Pvt Ltd
3rd Floor Janpath House
Seth Srilal Market, Sevoke Road
Siliguri-734001
Mob no.+919733312397
Land Line: +91-353-2520488
Email: info@darjeelinggardens.com / sunil@darjeelinggardens.com

editorialteam

Mr. Abhijit Savant, Co-owner, Prerana Lab says-

As stated earlier, technology is only an enabler. The more you make good use of it, the more beneficial it will be for you. Currently, internet is arguably the best medium to find a wealth of knowledge and resources regarding latest technologies and developments across the sector.

Prerana Lab
Prerana House, Plot No. 8,
Near Chhatrapati Bank, Vishal Nagar,
Jagtap Dairy, Aundh-Wakad Road,
Pune - 411 027, India.
Tel: 020 27274958,
Mob: 9822555632
Email: prerana.lab@gmail.com

editorialteam

S. Durga Prasad Rao, Proprietor and Farmer, Sai Durga Overseas says-

Yes, internet is a power fool tool to learn new technologies if a farmer learns how to use it, he will surely learn how to get benefit out of it. There are agriculture fairs also for the farmers who are not literate and even the newspapers with agriculture edition covering technologies also helps. So it’s necessary to adopt new technologies time to time through any of these modes. Everyone needs to aware of all those modes and Govt. should provide more learning classes for farmer’s economic growth.

Sai Durga Overseas
Flat No. 301-D, Navya Nulife Apartments,
Dairy Hospital Road, Sheela Nagar,
Visakhapatnam - 530012. Andhra Pradesh.
Mobile: 8125588588

editorialteam

Mr. Mohsin Shaikh, Owner and Chairman, Osmanabadi Goat Farm says-

Yes, I totally agree with this statement. Technology has been developing day by day, and the progress of farmers will be following new technology which the farmers won’t do. They will stick on to their old traditional methods due to which they won’t get as much profit as they expect. Educated farmers must learn to use internet in order to know new technologies with full specifications and videos which surely will be very helpful to them. Adapting new technologies in goat farming will surely help in progress of goat farmers with their profit.

Near Central Jail, Sai Road, Latur-413531 Maharashtra
Mob: 9890856194
Email: smymbbs5372@rediffmail.com / smymbbs5372@gmail.com

editorialteam

editorialteam

Mrs. Mital Bhatt, Owner Earth Consultancy, says-

I should give positive opinion for the above statement. But also many agencies are there like ours that they provide such information in their services for those who don’t have such internet and media facilities.

Earth Consultancy,
Harsh-Mangal 6-Shivaji Park, Raiya Road,
Rajkot Gujarat
Mob: 98796-97756
Email: earthconsultancy@hotmail.com

editorialteam

Vincent Thomas, Managing Director, Greenland Agro Traders says-

This is what I am doing. To be frank, I am not related to agriculture except that I have some acres of rubber plantation, inherited from my father. Now, I am doing the business of distribution of seeds across Kerala and I feel very happy with this. I am getting all sort of information, mainly from the internet. I used to watch videos of agriculture based programmes in TV, getting information on various type of seeds, Companies, fertilizers, cultivation practices etc. It is important that sitting in my room I can make an understanding of various cultivation practices followed by people from all part of the world. Through the internet only I came to know about many varieties of vegetable seeds, which were not known to me earlier. Any variety of seeds can be purchased through the internet. Undoubtedly we can say that the internet has rendered yeoman service to the agriculture community in a number of ways. The limitation is that a major portion of the farmers are not used to internet and has no means to access the internet. Steps must be taken to pass all required information from internet to the farmers. Agri based magazines, articles in newspapers, TV & Radio programmes are also very good and reach large number of people. We can survive only with adopting the latest technologies.

Greenland Agro Traders
Pala, Kottayam (Dt.) , Kerala
Ph: 9446758678, 9497746485
Email: greenlandagrotraders@gmail.com

Last edited:

editorialteam

Green Farm Organic Says-

No, not much use of Internet regarding online trading or such for my farm produce. I think it will still take a Decade for the Online Trading to penetrate the Rural Market of Uttar Pradesh because of the Govt. Agri Policies. There are no such things as dedicated Organic Product Market where buyer both National & International can come & purchase the Organic Farm Produce directly from the Farmer's Community here in Uttar Pradesh. I think the New Central Govt. will take the "Bold-Courage" of doing something 'Good' specially for the Farmer & Grower Community. I think Agricultureinfomationi.com will do something regarding it.

Green Farm Organic
130/148, Shahganj, Leader Road,
Opp. Bank of Maharashtra,
Allahabad-211003,
Uttar Pradesh.
Mob: +9559944441 & +9795495543

editorialteam

Pyro Trade Links/Pyro Cheme says-

No. We put video screening in every village and panchayat in the evening to teach them.

Pyro Trade Links/Pyro Cheme
Pagalam Complex, Ist Floor, 49/13, Chairman A.S.K.T. Road, Sivakasi - 626189, Tamil Nadu, India
Mob: 094431 64779
Email: pyrocheme@gmail.com
Web: http://www.pyrotradelink.com/ PYRO TRADE LINK in Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, India - Company Profile

editorialteam

Mr. Krishnamurthy,Toyo Biotech says-

This is a bit misleading. Internet of course is the best thing that has happened to information technology. But the farmer always acts locally. Therefore chances of his local requirement being in the net are a bit of a coincidence. What is more important is that the farmer gets inputs to a whole lot of new crops and technologies, which he can adopt with some changes to suit local conditions. But making this the only way is at this point of time a very premature statement.

Toyo Biotech
TOYO Adoor House, Thevally P.O. Quilon
Kerala, India - 691009
Tel: +91 474 2793392
Mob: (+91) 8606355060, 9447015054
Email: toyobiotech@gmail.com
Web: Toyo Biotech Plant Tek and Research - Toyo Group of Concerns

guargum

Premium Member
Media is platform of Communication.

This depend on the group of farmers. If the demography of farmers play a major role. but overall i think in the time of fast Information technology where Radio, T.V. News paper, magazine, books all are available on internet. undermining the importance of internet to reach to the farmer will be a concept without imagination.

Today Internet is available on mobile. laptop, computer, tablet it is vary convenient to access internet anywhere.

One cant carry the news paper . magazine , every time but internet can be any where.

Internet can give wide range of ways to explain the things like Video, Image, leaflet, power point, voice message. It is very fast. It is approachable every where with mobile network.

Internet is not time bound. Farmer can access it as per his time availability.

Internet is also cheaper that other media. Farmer cant subscribe 4-5 newspaper, 4 magazine, but he can access all of them over internet.

Internet is updated regularly and latest information are available on internet.

Internet itself is a group of media. It is completely different from Print Media.

Still there are many area where mobile network is not available then we can go for other media.

editorialteam

Mr. Rajesh Shirodkar, Proprietor, Soham Agro Services says-

I have seen farmers taking help of modern information technology to update their knowledge. Taking help of Information technology and looking at sources of taking this technology to the farmers’ doorstep is the next step to be taken.

Soham Agro Services
14, Priyadarshini, Near Agarwal Hall, Manpada Road,
Dombivli, 421201
Maharashtra, India
Mob: (986) 924-6261
Email: sohamagroservices@gmail.com & rajesh@sohamagro.com
Web: Welcome to Soham Agro Services

editorialteam

Mr. Alwarsamy Chandrashekar, MD A C V Products Pvt. Ltd says-

Knowing internet is OK. Helpful to some extent in getting agri information but farming is practical . not virtual.

A C V Products Pvt. Ltd
No. 1593/ 2 B, Vadapudupatti, Theni District, Vadapudupatti
Mobile - 9842271975
Email - acsekr@yahoo.com.