Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

How to treat runny nose and cough in sheep/Goats?

Register

Click Here!

aamir956

Few of my sheeps are having runny nose, couple of them among them have cough too since a week.
One among them is very dull with runny nose and cough since 15 days.

Are these symptoms of normal cold or these indicate a more serious disease.
I have called the vet and he gave them a pink colored tablet (forgot the name of tablet) but still the problem has not solved.

All of the sheep are between 4-6 months of age. Here the min temp at night is around 16 deg. Sheeps are taken out for grazing at 11.30AM and are put back into the shed by 5.30PM

Although the doctor says not to worry much, i fear of something more dreadful.

Can someone give an insight on what is going on and what needs to be done.

smy82482

Please check properly the temperature of goats/sheeps.If it is between 101 to 104 deg Fahrenheit,then its normal no need to worry.If temp exceeds above this,then its a fever or viral infection.For sheeps having runny nose use the tablet amoxycillin forte along with melonex plus tablet.Half tablet for 4-6 months of kid,one time in a day for 3 consecutive days.
Regards,
DR.Shaikh
www.goatfarm.co.in

Few of my sheeps are having runny nose, couple of them among them have cough too since a week.
One among them is very dull with runny nose and cough since 15 days.

Are these symptoms of normal cold or these indicate a more serious disease.
I have called the vet and he gave them a pink colored tablet (forgot the name of tablet) but still the problem has not solved.

All of the sheep are between 4-6 months of age. Here the min temp at night is around 16 deg. Sheeps are taken out for grazing at 11.30AM and are put back into the shed by 5.30PM

Although the doctor says not to worry much, i fear of something more dreadful.

Can someone give an insight on what is going on and what needs to be done.