Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Feed for goat

Register

Click Here!

jaypees

Can we feed oil cake and cotton seed raw or we have to mix it with water??? are they good for goat as concentrate...also i want to knw abt corn (rough dried) is tat good....just for home goats...i love pets....i wanna start a goat farm but nw i am goin abroad for 10 month project....so i bought two goats just to knw the thngs but these goats r vry selective and they smell the leaves if its dirty they r not eating.....they love mulberry leaves.,mooranga leaves and some pulses.they drink very less water.from morning to evening we leave it in coconut farm it eats the grass...kindly help me to keep them in good condn any feed suggestion plz help...

smy82482

Yes you can feed oil cake and cotton seed raw to goats,but don't mix it with water as goats usually wont like wet fodder to eat.Goats are hydrophobic in nature,that means they usually hate water and thats the reason they usually drinks less water as compare to other pet animals.
In concentrated feed you can also use dried corn(maize) crushed one,husk of any pulses,remaining of grains,crushed wheat or barley etc.Concentrated feed is essential for goats for their proper development of body,for enhancing the milking capacity in mother goats,for fattening of kids,for proper development of kids when they are in embryo(before birth)concentrated feed contains lots of vitamins,minerals,calcium and phosphorous which is must for goats,otherwise their deficiency leads to various diseases and disorders.
Yes goats are selective in nature while feeding any fodder,and thats the main difference between cows,buffaloes and goats.Cows and buffaloes will eat any dirty fodder(smelling bad) but goats requires only fresh fodder which is odor less.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
International Goat Farm Expert.
www.goatfarm.co.in
Can we feed oil cake and cotton seed raw or we have to mix it with water??? are they good for goat as concentrate...also i want to knw abt corn (rough dried) is tat good....just for home goats...i love pets....i wanna start a goat farm but nw i am goin abroad for 10 month project....so i bought two goats just to knw the thngs but these goats r vry selective and they smell the leaves if its dirty they r not eating.....they love mulberry leaves.,mooranga leaves and some pulses.they drink very less water.from morning to evening we leave it in coconut farm it eats the grass...kindly help me to keep them in good condn any feed suggestion plz help...

kumarrames

smy82482 - you given very depth details - yes, goat don't like to wet and hate water. That's why they like to take rest above the surface. As far as good is concerned, you should provide well diet that should provide necessary mineral (like salt, khali, gud, corn etc - source www.hindiremedy.com/goat-f.....-palan/. Additionally you should provide fresh raw leaves too.

Last edited:

rohanjain

Feed for goats are:

• Hay
• Chaffhaye
• Grain Feed
• Minerals
• Kitchen and Garden scraps
• Water
• Forage