AgricultureInformation.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mini milk processing plant

Default mini milk processing plant

sir
    my name is mutharao.we are running a dairy form and buying milk from milk centers.(total we collect 300-400 liters per day).so we plan to start a mini milk processing unit.please tell me the details and cost of the plant.please send the reply.

Hello sir

5000 LPD is the recommended capacity to start with. It must have expandable provisions in the pasteurizer. A Milk Processing unit will have the following major areas like
    1. Reception (clearly giving your collection patterns-milk arrival to the dairy in cans / tankers.) 2. Processing. 3. Storage. 4. Packing. 5. Cold room - of the packeted milk ready for despatch.

Facility to generate hot and cold water needed as you need them for storing milk, preservation, pasteurization too. It’s always better to have your own vehicles for milk collection and dispatch. The pasteurizer capacity will decide the cost plus the supporting gadgets. By product manufacturing must be planned right in the beginning. By products can earn you better margins.

Just Chilling : Re 0.25/liter
    • Chilling and Auto Packing : 0.50/Kg
    • 1klpd ECO Model for pasteurization and Poly-packing and ghee : Re 0.75/Kg
    • 2 KLPD Pasteurization , poly-packing and ghee making : Re 0.57/KG
    • 5 KLPD Pasteurization , poly-packing and ghee making : Re 0.46/Kg
    * Interest@ 12% per annum on project cost

kirti

Default Mini Milk processing unit

Dear Sir,
    Please provide the information about the capital investment for mini milk processing unit to handle 5000liters/day to and is there any subsidiary for the same from govt.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlakar K,

Quote Originally Posted by kirti s View Post
    Hello sir

5000 LPD is the recommended capacity to start with. It must have expandable provisions in the pasteurizer. A Milk Processing unit will have the following major areas like
    1. Reception (clearly giving your collection patterns-milk arrival to the dairy in cans / tankers.) 2. Processing. 3. Storage. 4. Packing. 5. Cold room - of the packeted milk ready for despatch.

Facility to generate hot and cold water needed as you need them for storing milk, preservation, pasteurization too. It’s always better to have your own vehicles for milk collection and dispatch. The pasteurizer capacity will decide the cost plus the supporting gadgets. By product manufacturing must be planned right in the beginning. By products can earn you better margins.

Just Chilling : Re 0.25/liter
    • Chilling and Auto Packing : 0.50/Kg
    • 1klpd ECO Model for pasteurization and Poly-packing and ghee : Re 0.75/Kg
    • 2 KLPD Pasteurization , poly-packing and ghee making : Re 0.57/KG
    • 5 KLPD Pasteurization , poly-packing and ghee making : Re 0.46/Kg
    * Interest@ 12% per annum on project cost

kirti
    Last edited by moderator A; November 20th, 2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mutharao View Post
    sir
    my name is mutharao.we are running a dairy form and buying milk from milk centers.(total we collect 300-400 liters per day).so we plan to start a mini milk processing unit.please tell me the details and cost of the plant.please send the reply.
    Dear Mr.Mutharao,

The reply you have received is ok, from Kirti.

1. Raw milk reception in milk cans/tankers.
    2. Storage of fresh milk.
    3.Cream seperation and reconstitution.
    4.Pasteurisation.
    5.Storage and Preservation
    6. Chilling
    7.Packing ( Single head for small quantity,double head for large capacities). Buy from reputed manufacturer's only as this is a very crucial equipment connected to a compressor.250 ml,500 ml,1 litre packings possible).
    8.Cold room leading to despatch section
    9.Despatch.

Murali Krishnan

Default Small scale Milk procecing plant

Dear sir/Madam,

Is there any plant setup for capacity of 500 LPD and also check any gov. policy for same.

Also clarify is there any athurised gov. division from whoms I have to take permossion for setup plant.

Kindly reply the same with apro. minimum cost I have to invest.

Regds,
    Vikas Mohite

Blog Entries

Smile Milk Pasteurization Units

Depends on the Milk handling capacity( LPD ). Normally for small units Microtherm pasteurizers are used where the hot water generation is done electrically. But in 5000 and above, we need to use boilers, for that you need to have clearance from the Inspectorate for Factories and Boilers. The Milk plant is also washed and cleaned daily using Acidic and Alkaline detergents, using the (CIP) - clean In Place system. The waste water must be collected in a pit and you need a Sedimentation tank to handle it.You also need clearance from the Weights and measures dept to confirm the accuracy on the weights/litres printed in the packeted milk and your activity will also be checked by the Quality Control Officer in charge for dairy operations of the respected district office.

Murali Krishnan

Quote Originally Posted by catchme View Post
    Dear sir/Madam,

Is there any plant setup for capacity of 500 LPD and also check any gov. policy for same.

Also clarify is there any athurised gov. division from whoms I have to take permossion for setup plant.

Kindly reply the same with apro. minimum cost I have to invest.

Regds,
    Vikas Mohite
    Last edited by mktvm; November 20th, 2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: correction

Blog Entries

For 300 to 500 liters you can concentrate on housing societies/flats,invite their office bearer's to your farm, show them how hygienically you milk your cows, bottle it in pet bottles, number the bottles using paint or paste code numbers,make the user clean the bottle, deliver next day morning milk in the same bottle. Keep 3 bottles for every half/one litre. Make sure the bottles are cleaned well. You may use alkaline detergents for cleaning one/twice in a week.Normal cleaning in hot water everyday.

Premium Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mutharao View Post
    sir
    Please contact Business Planning & Development Unit of National Institute of Research in Jute & Allied Fibre Technology ( NIRJAFT ),Kolkata.It is a type of Agribusiness Incubation Centre under ICAR ( Indian Council of Agricultural Research ) in Agriculture and Allied Technology.We are committed to offer all kind of support to entrepreneurs interested in Agricultural sector.

As a part of our service we provide technology demonstration,consultancy services,training on selected technologies , bankable project profile writing , facilitation for financial assistance from financial institutions,technical assistance from scientist of ICAR institutes and assisting in marketing of products.
    We also provide infrastructure support like office space,communication facilities , pilot plant and laboratory facilities.

For more details please visit Http://nirjaftbpd.in
    Dr.D.Nag
    CPI,ZTM_BPD UNIT,NIRJAFT,Kolkata
    ph.: +919433389579 ,email : dnag_in@yahoo.com

sir
    please send the details and cost of the mini milk processing unit(500 lpd).
    Last edited by moderator A; November 24th, 2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

Premium Member

Planning documents for 2 different projects for dairy farm & milk processing operations with 3 scenarios each are available with us for your ready reference. That is,

(i) 50 cow dairy farm & 500 liter per hour milk processing plant
    (a) Combined 50-cow dairy farm + 500 lph milk processing plant
    (b) Individual 50-cow dairy farm
    (c) Individual 500 lph milk processing plant

(ii) 100 cow dairy farm & 1000 liter per hour milk processing plant
    (a) Combined 100-cow dairy farm + 1000 lph milk processing plant
    (b) Individual 100-cow dairy farm
    (c) Individual 1000 lph milk processing plant

Please go through following website:
    https://sites.google.com/site/daspro...ocessing-plant

Components of plan documents are: bankable project report, architectural layout plan, civil construction cost estimate, equipment plan, plan for setting up milk booths, legal compliances guidelines, formation of firm, etc. all in bankable format. Below the above website you will find project summary for all 6 scenarios.

While going through our website you will understand that we emphasize lot towards justification of project; rather than providing just project report.

Setting up the enterprise on earth requires few more exercises than what we are offering with above plan documents. Your advantage with these documents will be that you can set your project in motion in right direction.

We look forward for setting up venture and for serious relationship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast