AgricultureInformation.com

Thread: Dairy farm with 50 cows

Default Dairy farm with 50 cows

I need all information about to start a small dairy farm with 50 cows in kerala. Let me know about the dairy equipments too. If anybody can send me these information,
    Last edited by moderator A; October 30th, 2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Only Premium Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “My Account” to upgrade to a Premium Member

Default Dairy farming

Dear sir,
    total cost depends on the services u would go for. example the the number of cows, the shed, type of infrastructyre, water, total floor area, roof ares, transportation, labours.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rajurned View Post
    I NEED ALL INFORMATION ABOUT TO START A SMALL DAIRY FARM WITH 50 COWS IN KERALA. LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE DAIRY EQUIPMENTS TOO. IF ANYBODY CAN SEND ME THESE INFORMATION, PLS. USE MY ID rkgudy@gmail.com
    25 cows on one side, back to back housing 50 for cows, give provision for a wide passage in the centre having minimum 6-8 feet width. Have slanted roofing with centre open shed or double layered roofing with a vent in the slanting area - the top one over the bottom one-overlapping , all 4 sides well ventilated, provide ceiling fans where cows are standing. Milking Vacuum line support must be given in the centre, use “L” angles which can fix 1 inch pvc pipe, the curved side on the top, give vacuum line supports from the roof. Provide feeding passage (suitable to take a wheel barrow) outside the feeding manger on both sides. Have provision for water storage in front of the cow always, better to use SS water bowls. Store dung away from the shed to keep the cows safe from mosquito bite, waste water storage should be away or make water flow to the fodder land. You need 5 -6 acres, minimum for fodder cultivation. Store enough Hay. Pelleted cattle feed will be better. Sprinkle water on top of it while feeding. Do not mix it with lot of water. Give water as such after feeding, cows will have it if it’s thirsty. Give provision for installation of machine power pack in one room next to dairy shed. Better have a 3 phase line in that room with a change over switch. It’s better to have power back up (diesel generator set, install it).Opposite to it, have another room for feed storage. Feed must be stored over wooden planks kept on a raised surface to protect it from floor contact. Plant shade giving trees around the shed ensuring coolness for the cows.

Murali Krishnan
    Last edited by mktvm; October 28th, 2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: addition & correction

Premium Member

Planning documents for 2 different projects for dairy farm & milk processing operations with 3 scenarios each are available with us for your ready reference. That is,

(i) 50 cow dairy farm & 500 liter per hour milk processing plant
    (a) Combined 50-cow dairy farm + 500 lph milk processing plant
    (b) Individual 50-cow dairy farm
    (c) Individual 500 lph milk processing plant

(ii) 100 cow dairy farm & 1000 liter per hour milk processing plant
    (a) Combined 100-cow dairy farm + 1000 lph milk processing plant
    (b) Individual 100-cow dairy farm
    (c) Individual 1000 lph milk processing plant

Please go through following website:
    https://sites.google.com/site/daspro...ocessing-plant

Components of plan documents are: bankable project report, architectural layout plan, civil construction cost estimate, equipment plan, plan for setting up milk booths, legal compliances guidelines, formation of firm, etc. all in bankable format. Below the above website you will find project summary for all 6 scenarios.

While going through our website you will understand that we emphasize lot towards justification of project; rather than providing just project report.

Setting up the enterprise on earth requires few more exercises than what we are offering with above plan documents. Your advantage with these documents will be that you can set your project in motion in right direction.

We look forward for setting up venture and for serious relationship.

i want estimation of 20 cows dairy

I am Venkat . I am interested in setting up a Cattle Farm of about 100 heads or more. i am looking for an appropriate layout which can house all the facilities required for the cattles for milk as well as feed pant machinery . I shall be very much obliged if get a few layouts from the community. Perhaps in future we can also develope further business relations.