Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Gerbera - how much is cost of poly house and what would be exact profit

Register

Click Here!

vijayperil

Dear All,

I have a 1800 sq. yards land in Dehradun. I want to know about approx costing for cultivation of gerbera and also what is the approx. market price of gerbera flowers.

Is it profitable or not.

Thanx & Regards

Vijay

paifarms

Dear All,

I have a 1800 sq. yards land in Dehradun. I want to know about approx costing for cultivation of gerbera and also what is the approx. market price of gerbera flowers.

Is it profitable or not.
I recently setup a 1 acre polyhouse for gerbera outside Mumbai - so let me share my experience.

It is a profitable if you run it as a professional business - control costs, maintain quality and have a good sales channel (tie-up).

The typical cost of construction and setting up a new greenhouse for gerbera is around Rs 900-1000 per square meter. This includes the land leveling, structure, pumping and drip irrigation, gerbera plants, bed preparation, 10,000L water tank etc - does not include cost of land.

Subsidy is 25% to 50% based on your state and rules. In Gujarat I believe the subsidy is 75%. To qualify for subsidy you must take bank loan.

There are 6 gerbera plants per square meter.
Each plant products around 45 flowers per year.
Average price during peak season (weddings etc) is Rs 6-8 per flower.
During non-peak season it is around Rs 2.50 per flower.
During worst season (rainy, Aashadi) it comes down to Rs 1 ~ 1.50 per flower.

Gestation period (from decision to setting up the polyhouse can be between 3-6 months).

Plants start flowering after 2 months. You can start commercial production after 3 months.
Maintenance (fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides) is around Rs 0.75 per plant per month.
One requires staff of 6-8 people for 1 acre for harvesting, packing, and day to day operations.
Packing costs are typically Rs 0.20 per flower. This includes plastic cup, boxes etc.
Transportation costs depend on your market distance and facilities available.
Electricity costs are additional.
The productive life of a plant is 3.5 years, after that production goes down. But I have seen polyhouses where plants are still producing at 80% of peak yield even after 5 years - so it is maintenance and little luck.

So it will cost you around around Rs 0.75-0.85 per flower to send it to the market. (Inclusive of transportation). I am not calculating bank EMI or depreciation etc.

Flower brokers / agents charge typically 10% commission on sales. So, if average annual rate is Rs 2.50 per flower, you will get paid only Rs 2.25 (10% commission).

vijayperil

Thank You

Dear Paifarm,

It is great hearing from you.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

I will be in touch with you in future.

Thanx & Regards

Vijay

bsdevgan

agriculture and industry survey magazine

Sir

how can i subscribe for this magazine

also i want books on floriculture.

a_narute

Hi Paifarms .Thanx for your detail review on Gerbera cultivation. It is pretty much useful for understand basic concept of gerbera farming. I have 5000 sqm land in western Maharashtra. Am planning to establish this kind of project, but my first concern is about market demand for this (Gerbera) flower. Because of govt. subsidies too many people are already doing gerbera production, so there should be some discrepancies in supply chain of this flower &. You are the producer so kindly tell me have u ever faced any problem while selling your flowers in market? Have u faced any problems with the rates of the flowers?

shingote

MADHAVI AGRO
GREENHOUSE CONSTRUCTIONS AND ALL TYPES OF GREENHOUSE MATERIAL SUPPLERS

Resi /Office: 47/9 Shantai “ Hsg.Soc. Yaswant nagar,Talegaon Dabhade, Tal-Maval, Dist –Pune 410 507. Mobile No: 09922437631,E-mail: madhaviagrotech12@gmail.com

Introduction of The Company

Is a organization established to render the service to the respected farmers, a backbone of Indian economy?
The establishment is made after the one year’s continual efforts of promoters & their sister concern in the agriculture & allied field.

We are broadly in the consultation in Hitech Floriculture And Horticulture & Turnkey Project in Poly House Construction for the farmers residing in the Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka Gujarat & Rajasthan Delhi, state, Nepal and Sri lanka to provide various services in the field of agriculture.

We also Supply of Poly House material, G.I Alu. Proflie, Spring, Clamp,Curtin Clamp plastic, Politin PaperUniversal joint,Plastic Door,Shed net, Insect net, Mono net,,Shed Net Material & Manufacture Green house . We have our registered office at Dist Pune Talegaon, Maharashtra.
Our valuable Services . . . .

Consulting in Hitech Floriculture & Horticulture

All type of Plants Like - - -

Dutch Rose Plant Top Grafted & Budding (Natal Briar & Multi Root Stock)
Gerbera , Carnation, Gladiolus, Tube Rose , & Colour Capsicum

We are Import & supply Pot varieties of Anthurium , Phenolopsis ,
Dendrobium, Scherzerianum, Limonium and also supply of Gladiolus Bulb and Lilium Bulb in many varieties.

Develop & supply of Plants like Pomegranate, Grapes, Banana, Guava, Mango, Sapota, Custard Apple, Orange, Lemon , Litchi, Papaya Seed & Strawberry Plants.

Maximum Production of throughout life of plants, plants are made in cool place & imported breeder.

Supplies are also supported by our comprehensive technical assistance.

Green House & Poly House Constuction.
Turnkey project in all Green House, Poly House.

Madhavi Agro
Please feel free contact me if you need further information .
Thanking You !

Balasaheb Shingote.

mangipudi

hi. iam from north andhrapradesh and want to start cut flower farming. can any body tell me how to start and where to sell the produce? i have enough fertile land and need some encouragement.

harshadmhatre

Hello, I am from Vasai, Thane. I am interested in doing gerbera cultivation in my farm of around 1000 square meter. I want to know about cost poly house and from where I will get gerbera plants.

laxmsn

Gerbera flower farming.

hi. iam from Andhra pradesh East Godavari district and want to start planing 2 acre Gerbera flower farming. i need some of the details i.e, Cost of investment , how much ground water does it need , how many labors does it required per acre and how would be the maintenance cost etc...how much per cent of the amount will be given as subsidy

Regards
Laxman
+91-9493335329

nil maiti

Thanks Sir for shariaing your experiance with new comer like us.
I am Nilotpal Maiti from West Medinipur, West Bengal interested in Gerbera Cultivation in poly house business.

Need some guide line for settingup new polyhouse in West Medinipur, West Bengal.

Please share tips to find the sales channel for better business experience.

Regards,
Nilotpal Maiti