Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

What can be cultivated in Black soil ?

Register

Click Here!

trtraj

Hello Experts,

I need advice about what cultivation / plantation can be done in a black soil land.

The soil is black and has a clay-like stickiness, water resource is very limited (land located in Ramnad district Tamilnadu) currently i could see only cotton and orid dhall is been done here.

I would like to understand what are the trees can be grown in this kind of soil.

Is there any enhancement possible if i put a borewell ?

Thanks

reg:black cotton soils.

hello experts,

i need advice about what cultivation / plantation can be done in a black soil land.

The soil is black and has a clay-like stickiness, water resource is very limited (land located in ramnad district tamilnadu) currently i could see only cotton and orid dhall is been done here.

I would like to understand what are the trees can be grown in this kind of soil.

Is there any enhancement possible if i put a borewell ?

Thanks

sir,
you can make use of black cotton soils for cultivation of crops like maize(sweet corn),chiilli, tobacco,cotton,banana(during summer season)and also some (red)gram crops.

ponsanthan

medicinal crops

You please find the possibilities of growing Shatavari ( Aspargus racemosus 24 month crop, ponkorandi - salacia chinensis tree like small 5 year term - used in diabetes (root and stem). you can also grow siriya nangai - 6 month crop.

trtraj

Thanks for the reply experts.

Thanks a lot for the reply, I will review the possibilities and request more help when needed.

Thanks once again