Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

plan to setting up a dairy Farm near by Pune

Register

Click Here!

k_rajesh

HI,

I am Rajesh working in Marketing Industry here in Pune. I have plan to setting up a dairy Farm near by. As I do not have experience in Dairy farm but have a goal to set up Dairy farm from long time, request you to please suggest me how i have to get succeed in this.

Initially i can invest upto 5 once i get confidence can invest more 20 lack.

I have below concerns:
1. What all things are required to start a dairy farm.
2. Will that 5 lack be enough to open up a small scale dairy farming with around 10-20 cattles (excluding Land Price)?
3.How Much Land is required for the same project ??
4. Since i don't have knowledge in this industry what all challanges i can face?
5.What all things i must know & what all are the basic knowledge requirements of this business ??
6.From where i should seek financial help or funding if required ??

ajkumar

Dairy Farming for beginners

Marketing industry is totally different from dairying.In Marketing, you have to be smart, dressed in modern ways, shoes,tie, conference halls, etc. In dairying one should be ready to remove your shoes and work in the farm just to know what it is in the beginning. After that you can slowly stretch.

The first thing needed will be your presence if not the presence of a very reliable person in the farm as what goes in (feeding) and what comes out(milk and dung),there will be no given calculations. With 5 lacs, you can start with 5 cows, one milking machine, cow mats, fodder harvesters,chaff cutters etc. For 10 cows alone will cost Rs.5 Lacs. You need at least an acre ( preferably 1.5 acres ) for round the year harvesting of fodder. You read books on dairy farming, common diseases of cattle, vaccinations to be done,why deworming is important for cows etc.

You will get financial help from any nationalised banks/cooperative banks, provided you satisfy their conditions like pledging your property or arrange govt employees to stand as guarantors. Avoid brokers while purchasing cows. You can try for cows in Karad/Satara/Sangli/Bhilaudi areas.

Cow purchase is one area where you need to be very careful especially if you are a beginner. You will come across people who will try to cheat you especially if you are a beginner. Take a very senior and experienced person with you.Learn about feeding the cows. Do not over feed. All the best!!

Kumar

HI,

I am Rajesh working in Marketing Industry here in Pune. I have plan to setting up a dairy Farm near by. As I do not have experience in Dairy farm but have a goal to set up Dairy farm from long time, request you to please suggest me how i have to get succeed in this.

I have below concerns:
2. Will that 5 lack be enough to open up a small scale dairy farming with around 10-20 cattles (excluding Land Price)?
4. Since i don't have knowledge in this industry what all challanges i can face?
5.What all things i must know & what all are the basic knowledge requirements of this business ??

Last edited:

drsarkar

For Milch Graded Buffaloes/ Cows Supply and Project Consult from GGDFCS

Dear Mr. K. Rajesh ,

Thanks for Dairy Farm Mission quotes at Pune ..We can gives you complete A - Z Consultancy

We can establish your Dream Dairy Project at your own Agro – Commercial land area or with Complete infrastructure for Farm sector based on Productive herd , shed design and construction , bio gas and waste recycling management , milking parlor , Milking machines , vaccines , dairy lab equipments , medicines , productive and reproductive technologies , Vety. Clinic set up , cooling equipments , dairy farm sanitizers , nutrition productive , routine shed + milking + feeding + breeding + milk process section management , Cattle Feed Unit , Manpower management etc…

We are the Team of Dairy Project Consultancy Services from Rajasthan & M.P. Plz contact us for any complete Dairy Project from 100 to 5000 animals farm with farm-linked milk processing units , loose + semi loose + tethering system of housing , shed hygiene and sanitation , farm feed unit , fodder preservation systems , animals health and treatment systems , breeding and A.I. systems , routine farm mgmt. and work analysis , machine milking with milking management , calving & labour management , basic trainings to dairy staff , biogas unit , herd selection and control etc.. For 220 animals - you have to construct 4 nos. of T-T shed with each capacity of 60 cow/buffaloes with one shed for calves and heifers.. the actual design and estimates will finalize after land survey of project area for accuracy of measurements ..We have basket of choice for your project from 100 animals to 5000 herd strength within 24 months as per our consultancy norms ..for design of comfort sheds , it is essential to floor types , slopes , animal to animal distance , manger height , tethering hooks , shallow channel , sunrise / sunset directions , water trough , open area facilities with basic structures etc.. Any way , if you want to contact with us ,plz mail us :: sarkar41419@gmail.com .. We had completed our Ph.D. from PAU , Ludhiana last 19 yrs back and more than 24 yrs. exposure in this field ..

With all best wishes ,

QUOTE=k_rajesh;232180]HI,

I have below concerns:
6.From where i should seek financial help or funding if required ??[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Need Deatil's to setup modern dairy farm with minium 500 cow's

Dear sir

we are planing to setup modern dairy farm in simoga Bangalore we need details ' like how much land required for shed construction , bio gas, urinal tank ,bio dig ester, silage etc ,,

and also we want to know wre we can find good cow's

pls you can cl me

Thanks & Regards
Pankaj

Last edited by a moderator:

magicbeds

Hi Rajesh,
Did you eventually setup the dairy. I'm also in Pune and am planning to enter this business. Let me know if we can work together.
RKS

lonely

We supply fresh green Alfalfa grass in bulk. We supply it from Nagpur, Maharashtra. Current rate is 6500 rs / Mt in Nagpur. Current capacity is 150 MT per Month. Kindly feel free to contact me on 09922111447

Dear sir

we are planing to setup modern dairy farm in simoga Bangalore we need details ' like how much land required for shed construction , bio gas, urinal tank ,bio dig ester, silage etc ,,

pls you can cl me

Thanks & Regards
Pankaj

lonely

Alfalfa grass

We supply fresh green Alfalfa grass in bulk. We supply it from Nagpur, Maharashtra. Current rate is 6500 rs / Mt in Nagpur. Current capacity is 150 MT per Month. Kindly feel free to contact me on 09922111447

Dear sir

pls you can cl me

Thanks & Regards
Pankaj

dhirubi

Hi Both

Please contact me if your realy intersted to set up dairy bussiness.
I have similar interest. I have already purchased land of 12000 sqf near shikrapur.
The plot is approchable by Tar(dambri) road.
Also avaibility of water and eclectricity.

Please contcat me at singhdhirendra2@rediffmail.com or 7709275175

iamraoabhishek

I Own Land 16,000 Sqft near Katraj Dairy intrested to start own small scale Dairy

HI,

I have below concerns:
Hi Rajesh,

I own a 16,000 Sqft land in Katraj at a distance of about 5 kms from Pune Zilha Sahakari Dudh Utpadak Sangh Ltd i.e Katraj Milk Dairy which is a very prime location.

I too wish to set up a small scale dairy farm but don't have any professional knowledge regarding it. It would be a great venture if we could team together and with other investors/proffessionals for the same.

Do let me know.
Regards,
Abhishek,