Notices
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to start a poultry farm?

1. #1 How to start a poultry farm? 

I would like to start a poultry farm. How do i go about it?

Thanks

Indrajit Mahurkar

Dear Sir,
    Happy to know that ur interested in starting poultry >I can give u
    full project back up for u.Please let me know few details.
    1.Were u want to start?
    2.How much funds u want to invest?
    3.What is ur background?
    4.Your Knowledge abou poultry farming?

THANKING YOU
    CLEMENT PEREIRA

3. #3 Re: How to start a poultry farm? 

Thats a good idea to venture into poulty business ! There must be many, who have burnt their fingures, in the venture! But there are sucess stories too .. There are some tips which I think, sould help you lead to a sucessful roadmap.

You should first start working on a 'Project Report'! This will give you an idea as to how sucessful your project will be and how long it will take to break-even. It will also focus on the financial requisites for this project,which can of great help in seeking bank loans; if so desired. You can take help of a consultant or a CA.

There are a few points you should bare in mind, before you jump start into poultry farming business.

a) Location - your poultry farm should be situated in a area which is not exposed to extreme climatic conditons .. specially during summer's, where the teperatures soar & affect the prfitability due to high mortality rates. Your poultry should be situated away from other poulty farms preferably at a radius of 3-5kms!
    b) Equipment & live stock - There are many Hatcheries which deliver day old chicks to your farm. You will have to check the one which closest to your farm and which has a proven 'timely' delivery record. This goes well with the feed companies too. You should opt for the lastest feeding, watering & lighting equipments which will save on your labour cost. You should also tie up with a good vet. doctor who can visit your farm at regular intervals and who is easy approachable during crisis. Keep a schedule for vaccinations and medication in consultation with Vet.
    c) Finance - You need to have financial strengt to support your routine cycle and should have an additional back-up for the continuation, during contegiencies like deseise outbreak or high credit leverage. The word of caution, is to have an insurance cover in place for your live stock & equipment. Even though it adds up to your production cost.
    d) Marketing - The sucess story is written when you are be able to market your product well! You need to have total control on your selling price which is possible when you have your own marketing network. You should have a local market survey done to know the local demand for your product and the market price. You should 'produce' what you can 'sell'!
    Inovation and expanding your market horizons will be a key to your sucess. All the best!
    [/quote]

4. #4 Want to know more about poultary buisness 

Respecte sir ,
    I m vipin kumar just pass out frm enggineering college nd i want to start poulatry farm at a large scale ...... can u please guide more in this field .......
    the one thing want to know about this what is the claimatic condition .... i m goin to start in uttar pradesh in sahranpur city .........sir plzzz guide me .... its my dream to start this buisness and i heard about this buisness from my parents ....plzz sir guide me ...aif possible call me
    thnak you sir ....
    Last edited by moderator A; May 21st, 2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

hi,
    i am poultry consultant from maharashtra. kindly provide your contact information
    thanks
    regards
    dr ashwin kulkarni

6. #6 Help needed regarding Poultry farming 

Hi sir

I'm glad to see your response. Looking forward for any kind of help from u sir.

Regards
    Last edited by moderator A; October 2nd, 2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

i want to strt poultry business.. pls contact me
    Last edited by moderator A; May 23rd, 2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

I would like to start a new poultry farm....i want 30 days and less chicks to buy.pls send price details to my personal mail
    Last edited by moderator A; May 23rd, 2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

9. #9 i want to start poultry business 

Quote Originally Posted by appish_2002 View Post
    hi,
    i am poultry consultant from maharashtra. kindly provide your contact information
    thanks
    regards
    dr ashwin kulkarni
    hi sir ....
    i want to start poultry in Maharashtra,near nasik
    i want you help that how to start our poultry
    please sir help us..thank you..
    Last edited by moderator A; August 6th, 2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

10. #10 open new poultry farm 

Blog Entries
    in gujrat 12000 chicken my land dis - bharuch

ta- vagra

villag- saran

plz give me ans

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast