Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Can a non-farmer buying agricultural land?

Register

Click Here!

jyotipg

Sir,
Please guide if a non-farmer buying agricultural land?
If yes, then what is the process to be followed to make the whole transaction legal?

i am not a farmer but interested in Organic farming. What is the legal way to buy the land?

tigi

Sir,
If yes, then what is the process to be followed to make the whole transaction legal?

i am not a farmer but interested in Organic farming. What is the legal way to buy the land?
hi jyoti
Agricultural Land purchase is quite involved legally. It varies from state to state. Normally if you prove yourself as farmer- it is easy- if not most states require that your father (or maybe grandfather!) was a farmer. It becomes even more difficult if you are not from the state you plan to buy- then, in many states the only way is to get married to a local girl (who is from agriculture background).
But we Indians are very brilliant in getting around all these rules- I have found Tamilians holding land in Gujarat and Gujaratis holding tribal land in arunachal PRadesh.
One work around is to lease the land for say 99 years and not buy it- I guess there are may more ways.
What you need is to consult a good lawyer who will help you to get the land in the LEGAL way. If you do it with half knowledge you may see your money evaporating and the land will be a dream.
I am not an expert on land laws but I have friends who did discuss some of these issues. So dont get discouraged- but proceed with caution and do thorough homework.

I say your post on joint buying- better you consult lawyer before taking any final decision. He should be competent lawyer - not a land broker.

rsrs_in

Sir,

Depends on where you want to buy land? If the proposal is in Maharashtra, then it is possible to get a farmer certificate by buying land in Rajasthan and then using that to buy the agri land here.

I also believe that TN also provides for purchase of agri land without farmar certificate.

Let me know I recently acquired agric land in Maharashtra

ganapati

Depends on where you want to buy land? If the proposal is in Maharashtra, then it is possible to get a farmer certificate by buying land in Rajasthan and then using that to buy the agri land here.

I also believe that TN also provides for purchase of agri land without farmar certificate.

Let me know I recently acquired agric land in Maharashtra
Agricultural land ranging from 4 to 5 acres at the rate of Rs.2 Lakh/acre upto Rs. 3 Lakh/acre is available adjacent to my following property: - (contour map is available on request on Email).
Presently 5.5 acres, rivertouch agriland near the interception of State Highway No.103 (Mandangad-Anjarle) & Major State Coastal High Way No. 4 (Dapoli-Kelshi) is readily available.
PROPERTY AT DEHEN
1. I own a small, hilly, laterite land admeasuring 7.5 acres (17º 51’41” N, 73º 9’ 15” E – Earmarked on Wikimapia as RUDRAKSHA FARM)) at post Dehen, Tal. Dapoli, Dist. Ratnagiri of Konkan region in Maharashtra. Dehen is a small village, 28 km. from Mandangad ( A taluka place),on Mandangad-Anjarle Road and 20 km. from Dapoli (Nearest Taluka place).
2. There are 100, 5 yrs. old mango plants & 25 fruiting cashew nut plants.
3. My interest is to grow Rudraksha (Elaeocarpus ganitrus) varieties (Total 350 all over the world known in Australia as Blue Berry Ash/Quandong.
4. The project includes development of a "Nakshatravan" as well.
5. The land has a kuccha well admeasuring 25 feet in diameter, kuccha approach road admeasuring 1100 ft.in length & 15 ft. in breadth,10 HP power connection & a pucca house admesuring 450 sq. ft. with three rooms & veranda.
6. The entire land is fenced as per the Government Demarcation, saucer shaped with a flat bottom admeasuring 1 acre at height 80 M above sea level, peripheral height(rim) 105 M above sea level with a gradient of about 30 degree.
7. Konkan season is heavy rains in monsoon (4 months) followed by scarcity of water for 8 months, very hot & humid in summer(sea shore at 8 km.).

nemi

sir,
please guide if a non-farmer buying agricultural land?

I am not a farmer but interested in organic farming. What is the legal way to buy the land?
sir,
i am from rajasthan.i am very happy that your thought same as me.
Sir if you want invest in best project than i will proper help you.
I want to tell about olive cultivation.
Rajasthan goverment is fully coprate and goverment give subsidy in this cultivation 75% subsidy for plants and drip system and irigation. And rajasthan land and climate is the best for olive .
Sir i have agri land 100 to 500 acres in rajasthan .i am local [persone of rajasthan.
Contact-

Last edited by a moderator:

neraj

Agriculture land

Yes the non farmers also can buy of agriculture land. Only in Himachal Pradesh non farmers even non Himachal citizen not buy Himachal Pradesh land.
Not any specify documents required. If you farming of this land , the land registry in the rate of agriculture land.

neraj

Agriculture land

Yes the non farmers also can buy of agriculture land. Only in Himachal Pradesh non farmers even non Himachal citizen not buy Himachal Pradesh land.
Not any specify documents required. If you farming of this land , the land registry in the rate of agriculture land.
If further inquiry pls contact- 09888004149