Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

HF Cow Diary Farm

Register

Click Here!

enteragr

Dear All,

I am planing to start a diary farm with pure breed HF cows. I am from Coimbatore, TN . I have 3 acres of agri land for this and it will be entirely used for crops .but I would like to know the following initially.

1)How many Pure breed HF Cows can be feed in 3 acres, and what will be cost of single cow?

2)Where can I get the HF pure breed in TN or Nearby locations? How old these cows should be for startup?

3) How much quantity (Litres) of Milk yield per day (Minimum/maximum ) I can expect from a single HF Pure breed Cow ?

4) What will be the feeding expense (except crops) as of today for a single cow?

5) How many days in a year a hf cow will give milk ?

I am expecting reply from experts on this from this forum.

Thank you in advance.

SWAMY1807

Dear Sir,
First start growing fodder and than start construction of shed if free housing type, finally go to purchase cattle.

1)How many Pure breed HF Cows can be feed in 3 acres, and what will be cost of single cow?
05 cows per acre.

2)Where can I get the HF pure breed in TN or Nearby locations? How old these cows should be for startup?
Local markets around your locations.

3) How much quantity (Litres) of Milk yield per day (Minimum/maximum ) I can expect from a single HF Pure breed Cow ?
It varies from cow to cow, milk yield also depends on how you manage with fodder felicity, breed genes also played crucial role for yielding of milk.If you meet all the requisite, you can expect 30 to 40 liters from per day from cow.

4) What will be the feeding expense (except crops) as of today for a single cow?
It will be depends on the local market and brand you are going to select for additional fodders.

5) How many days in a year a hf cow will give milk ?
305 days is advisable and than to stop for good growth of cow and calf in its womb.

Regards.
SWAMY

enteragr

Dear Swamy,
Thank you for your response. It is really helpful.
In regard with my query, I am still looking for clarification on the following:

Is there any private farm or govt farm in TN that sell pure HF breed ?
because, I have visited few farms near by they all are selling hybrid HF cow not a pure breed.

Also, though it depends largely on feeder brand etc , what will be cost per day approximately to feed a HF cow if it will give 20-25 liters per day?

thanks in advance.

kumarks

i am interested to start dairy farm initially with 10 cows in salem from tamilnadu, so if u have any idea about where we can get H//F Pure breeds it will help me out because am also come across no where getting pure breeds