AgricultureInformation.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Farm Land in Karnataka.

Unhappy Buying Farm Land in Karnataka.

Hi. I know that there is a rule in Karnataka which allows only agriculturists to buy land. My grandfather owned farm lands in Karnataka till 1980. Due to financial trouble we sold our land. Is it possible that we buy farm land now? As we are from farming background. also the annual house hold income is more than 2 lakhs which is a criteria for non agriculturists to buy agriculture land.

Default Buying Agricultural Land in Karnataka

If u r a Kannadiga, u can buy agricultural land in Karnataka. People from other stae are not allowed to buy agrrucultural land (with water facility) in karnataka.

I am from Karnataka. But the rule in Karnataka states that a non agricultarist cannot buy land. So If my grandfather previously owned land, would that qualify us to buy agriculture land as agricultarists. I plan up taking farming after a few years.

Premium Member

Default buying land in karnataka

Dear Raghu,

If your grand father had land during 1980's thats enough you can definitely buy lands in karnataka. There are certain procedure by following which you can buy land . I can definetely get you land. If you seroius about this then please contact me.

Venkat
    Last edited by moderator A; February 1st, 2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: only business members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

Thanks for the Info. I will contact you. Would be greatfull if you explain the procedure to be followed in this case.

Default for plantation land no problem

hello raghu,
    any person without agriculture background can purchas land wich is mentioned as plantation in RTC. if you want plantation land like coffee in around chikmagalore, sakaleshpur, coorg please contact
    Last edited by moderator A; February 25th, 2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

Hi Venkat,

My maternal grandfather is a farmer by profession and holds agricultural land in Karnataka. He plans to sell his land, due to old age. My income is > 2Lakhs.
    Pls let me know the options I have to get this land from him, either in the form of gift or through sale.

Thanks
    Naranja

Please do not go for sale deed - you cannot since your non-agri income is more than 2 lacs/annum. You can in fact take it as gift or better inheritance - first to your mother and then to you to be on the safer side. If you cannot transfer to your mother for whatever reasons, you can do it directly to your name.

Hi Narasv

Thanks for your reply. What is the DC permission option we have in Karnataka? Pls let me know if you have any idea about this.

Regards
    Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by prasanna kumar View Post
    hello raghu,
    any person without agriculture background can purchas land wich is mentioned as plantation in RTC. if you want plantation land like coffee in around chikmagalore, sakaleshpur, coorg please contact
    I am seriously looking for about 20 acre land in these area but not more than 5km from the main road with a price range of 2lac/ acre. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast