Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Mahagony tree/plantation, gujarat

Register

Click Here!

kunalp

Can any one send me information about, tree and plantation of the said plant.. Mahagony plants,, i am interested to plant it at my 100 acre land ,, vadodara, gujarat.

Pl send earliest as i am very serious,, and on fast moving for it.

Thanks

kunal patel

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashwini

Hi

Description : Indian Mahogany grow up to the height of 30 -40 feet. It is fast upright growing tree with abroad rounded symmetrical crown. It is 20 -30 feet in spread. The fruit is a large greenish brown capsule, splitting into 5 parts relwasing flat, long winged, light brown seeds. Its wood is red brown indian-mahogany-treein colour. Both the male and the female flowers are produced on the same plant. The bark is smooth dark brown in colour. The leaves are pinnate which are 12 -25 cm long, with four to eight leaflets.

Other Species : Swietenia humilis , Swietenia candollei, Swietenia fabrilis, Swietenia mahagoni, Swietenia macrophylla are the other related species of the Indian Mahogany.

Location : India Mahogany is found in almost all the parts of India. It can also be found in Thattekkad Wildlife Sanctuary, Kaziranga National Park and Corbett National Park in India.

Cultivation methods :Indian Mahogany is mostly propagated through seeds. It requires partial shade or full Sun for its growth. It needs water periodically. It looses its leaves at the end of the winter. The new leaves start growing after two three weeks. The new leaves are reddish purple in colour, which turn yellow green afterwards.

Medicinal uses : The bark extracts are used as an astringent for wounds. It is used to cure malaria, anemia diarrhea, fever, dysentery and depurative. The leaves contain several limonoids; seven phragmalin limonoids of swietephragmins A-G as well two other different types of 2-hydroxy-3-O-tigloylswietenolide and deacetylsecomahoganin.

Regards
Ashwini

chirag

call me up for the Mahagony plantation

We offer the plantation on contract care basis. Feel free to call.
Can any one send me information about, tree and plantation of the said plant.. Mahagony plants,, i am interested to plant it at my 100 acre land ,, vadodara, gujarat.

Thanks

kunal patel

pomo

mahagoni

sir
i have so many plantation in around anand we are devoloping mahagoni farm with all resposiblity of devaloping i am leave your near city borsad call me plz urgent coll me for your plantation we can plants afther march is we can make best results

dkkul

Thanks

I am also interested in plantaion of mohogony. If U have got some information about the agri practices pl. share with me.

ekomw

Thanks

kunal patel
Dear Mr.Kunal Patel ,

Do you want to see how Mahogany Plants ( Mahogany Seedlings ) Look Like ?

By the way we are from CV. Mitra Bibit Provided Mahogany seeds - Mahogany Seedlings . Please contact us if you are interested about Mahogany Seeds

Thank You
Best Regards

neelabh

Mahogany plantation

Thanks

kunal patel
Can you please send me your contact details...

Neelabh
+919109919507