Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Seeking information on Malabar Neem

Register

Click Here!

kalyan454

Hi,

I've 10 acre farm with red soil in Vijayarai Village, West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh. I'm looking for complete information on Malabar Neem. I will be greatful if somebody can provide details. Thanks.

KALYAN

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashwini

Hi

Malabar Neem originates from th e Meliaceae family and is an indigenous species of tree to India, South East Asia and Australia, where it has been cultivated as a source of firewood. The tree can be cultivated in all types of soil and requiring a low supply of water on a daily basis. Malabar Neem has the unique feature of growing to 40 feet within 2 years from planting and can be mechanically pruned and harvested. As an energy crop, Malabar Neem has the potential of yielding in excess 40 tones of biomass on average per acre per annum over a 6 year period (before replanting is required). Its high calorific value makes it a viable source of feedstock for biomass power plants.

Malabar neem is a specie belonging to the neem family. This tree is known for its fast growth. In recent times the farmers around Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh & Kerala have found the utlity of this tree both as a low grade timber and also a very useful wood for ply wood industry. Under irrigated conditions this tree can be harvested at the end of 5th year for both timber and ply wood purpose.

Regards
Ashwini

kalyan454

Thanks for Information on Melia Dubia (Malabar Neem)

Thankyou very much for the detailed information.

As you given info that it would yield 40 ton of Biomass average per acre per annum. I would like to know more about....

1.The market rate(Rate/tonne) for melia dubia in Biomass?
2.When the trees are suitable for biomass?( 2 yrs, 3yrs....)
3.What would be the suggested turnaround length between plants?
3.What would be the approximate yield per acre if planted in 12ft X 12ft?

and any related information you have.

shanmuga06

Malabar Neem,Forestry Neem ,Konda veppa (melia dubia)

The malabar neem is called in telegu as konda veppa.This tree variety very fast growing timber variety in the universe without adopting any kind of hitech like tissue culture or cloning .The silviculture(seed germination) is the best media for propagation of the seedlings.The seed of the konda veppa is very sturdy 7 hardy like rudraksha .So the seeds of konda veppa will take much time for germination after doing seed treatment.The spacing dimension of konaveppa for bio-mass purpose is 4'x4'.(one acre will requires nearly 2800 seedlings)The yield will be minimum 50 tons on completion of two years .For commercial & domestic cultivation in the spacing dimension of 8'x8' (700 seedlings per acre).The yield will be minimum 600 tons maximum 700 tones per acre on completion of 7 years .The present market rate is Rs 4000/- per ton.Now some body doing the clonel propagation of konda veppa (TNPL in tamil nadu).But this kind of the tree have no resistance of heavy wind and storm so its gives very lose for farmers.Because the clonel tree have no tape root.an account of this the vkonda veppa tree have no grief aswell as anchor with the earth.So seedling is the best for cultivation.we are having the seed germinated base seedlings with us .

For more details plz contact us:

A Sivakumar,
Priya Nursery Garden,
KARAIKUDI-630001,Tn
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

kalyan454

Thanks for your info. on Melia Dubia (Malabar Neem)

Dear Shanmuga,

Thanks for the info provided by you. In our village some nursery from kurnool planted Malabar Vepa 11 months ago. I've contacted them earlier, they told that their plants are only for the purpose of Timber and not useful for biomass and we dont get any income till the tree grows for 6-7 years. Growth is OK in the farm. Can you tell me what may be the difference between that and yours. What may be best for me. Already we have Teak plantation in our land, which we buy this land a month back. They already cut all plantation 9 months ago. Now plants grown up again. Growth is satisfactory, but earlier 10years trees gave poor results, for that purpose they cut the trees. We are thinking to rootout teak and want to go for this melia dubia.

I've another 4 Acres land in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Which is plain from 7-8 years not cultivated. Water sources are good. I want to start cultivation of Melia dubia immediately in this. Please suggest will it be OK ot not?

Thanks,
KALYAN

Last edited by a moderator:

kumarpss

cost of production of malabar vepa per acre

i want to know about the cost of production in malabar vepa per acre .kinly suggest the information as iam interested in doing the melia dubia cultivation

shanmuga06

Malabar neem

Mr Kalyan,

Kindly go for low density plantation of melia Dubia.I think it will serve your purpose in good manner.Dnt think about hi density plantation for biomos purpose.

A Sivakumar

venkateurs

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Sir,
We have Melia Dubia Saplings with us in Mysore-karnataka.
The saplings are germinated through seeds
The seed germinated saplings shows good growth and adapts well to different soil conditions.
The saplings height we have is ideal for planting.
We have also planted Melia Dubia in our farm.
Contact us for requirement of saplings on 9880589787 or mail to venkateursarun@yahoo.com

Regards
venkat

Last edited:

narsimhareddy

Dear Sir,

Good Afternoon.

I am Narsimha reddy from Hyderabad,I have 10 acres of red soil land with plenty of water in Nirmal Adilabad District which 240 kms away from Hyderabad and I am Planning to grow the malabar neem plants in this land.Please provide me details of melia dubia plants for the following:

1.Can we get plants from your Nursury and what is price and what size(inches) of plant.
2.how many plants should we plant in one acre.
3.What is distance between the 2 plants.
4.In how many years can we get the crop.
5.what is the use of malabar neem and what is the price of the crop in the market.
If the plants are not available with you,Please provide the availability of plants with contact details.

Regards,
Narsimha reddy.
961 869 3555

shanmuga06

We are having the Melia Dubia seedlings in bulk.We are able to supply any destination in India.Now we offer the free shipment facility for Andhra Pradesh,Karnataka & Maharastra.farmers .

For more details plz.contact us:

A Sivakumar,
Priya Nursery Garden,
Karaikudi-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

akovvuri

Hallo Narsimha Reddy Garu,

Did you get any repy for your questions. I would like to know few details regarding the malabar neem can I contact you?

akovvuri

Hallo Narsimha Reddy Garu,

Did you get any reply to your questions posted above. I would like to know few details regarding the malabar neem can I contact you?

namireddy

Dear All,
Currently I owned around 18acrs of teak plantation in Nalgonda district. This is not growing as per my expectations, but ok.. Now I would like to for new type of plantation Malabar Neem in 12acrs land which is 70KM from Hyderabad.

As the rainy seson is getting over soon, I would like to do cultivation immediately. Request nurseries to contact me @ 9676775401 with full details

And also, would like to hear on types of plants (seed, clone, sappling, tissue, etc..) pros and cons in terms of yeild, expenses, growth, etc...

Appreciate if I get more details at the earliest..

Regards
Surendar Namireddy

venkateurs

Sir,
We have Melia Dubia Saplings with us in Mysore-karnataka.
The saplings are germinated through seeds
The seed germinated saplings shows good growth and adapts well to different soil conditions.
The saplings height we have is ideal for planting.
We have also planted Melia Dubia in our farm.
Contact us for requirement of saplings on 9880589787 or mail to venkateursarun@yahoo.com

Regards
venkat

aravindagritech

The malabar neem is called in telegu as konda veppa.This tree variety very fast growing timber variety in the universe without adopting any kind of hitech like tissue culture or cloning .The silviculture(seed germination) is the best media for propagation of the seedlings.The seed of the konda veppa is very sturdy 7 hardy like rudraksha .So the seeds of konda veppa will take much time for germination after doing seed treatment.The spacing dimension of konaveppa for bio-mass purpose is 4'x4'.(one acre will requires nearly 2800 seedlings)The yield will be minimum 50 tons on completion of two years .For commercial & domestic cultivation in the spacing dimension of 8'x8' (700 seedlings per acre).The yield will be minimum 600 tons maximum 700 tones per acre on completion of 7 years .The present market rate is Rs 4000/- per ton.Now some body doing the clonel propagation of konda veppa (TNPL in tamil nadu).But this kind of the tree have no resistance of heavy wind and storm so its gives very lose for farmers.Because the clonel tree have no tape root.an account of this the vkonda veppa tree have no grief aswell as anchor with the earth.So seedling is the best for cultivation.we are having the seed germinated base seedlings with us .

For more details plz contact us:

A Sivakumar,
Priya Nursery Garden,
KARAIKUDI-630001,Tn
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in
hello sir,
i want information on this how much cost in one acer of land and water..

greenearthfarms

Malbar Neem (Melia Dubia) plants available at reasonable rates

Where do you want the plants to be delivered ?

GREEN EARTH FARMS is started with the aim of promoting planting of trees and making Earth
greener. Our motto is: "One Million by 2020, One Billion by 2050" (plants to be planted).

Miracle plant “Malbar Neem” or “Melia Dubia” (“Konda Vepa” in Telugu, “Malai Vembu” in Tamil)
is one of the fastest growing plants, growing to about 40 feet in 2 years. This tree is cultivated in
any type of soil, with minimal water resources. This plant is used in paper industry, upto 3 years of
its life (on par with eucalyptus or subabul). But, from 5 years of age onwards, Malbar Neem will
be used in the plywood industry, and hence its value goes up substantially. Beyond 10 years, it is
used as timber, further increasing its value.

Expected returns per acre from the plantation is 2L after 3 years, 10L after 6 years, and 25-30L
after 10 years.

We are supplying the best quality saplings at a very reasonable price. We are in association with
the scientist who did extensive research, published several scientific papers, and led the
revolution in Malbar Neem cultivation in India. The saplings are made under his guidance – from
seeds, or through cloning technology. Like in eucalyptus, Malbar Neem clones grow much faster
than the saplings from seeds.

We sell the seed saplings at Rs. 20/plant and cloned saplings at Rs. 25/plant, which is a very
reasonable rate (compare with many companies selling at Rs. 30 – 80 / plant).

Normally, these plants are planted in 5'x5' (1700 plants per acre), 6'x6' (1200 plants per acre),
10'x10' (440 plants per acre), or 12'x12' (300 plants per acre). Beyond 3 years, plants should be
kept at a distance of at least 10'x10', thinning them down. Intercrops can be grown with larger
distances between plants.

Please call us at 9000 68 0888 or 9000 91 0888 for further assistance.

GREEN EARTH FARMS
greenearthfarms123@gmail.com