Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Motor for borewell

Register

Click Here!

parthureddyg

Hi,

We dig borewell recently and we got quiet good amount of wanter(2.5").

I would like to buy a motor for that probably texmo. But i would like to know how much HP of motor required?Will 12.5 hp is enough or 15 hp is required?

We would like to cultivate for 10 acres of land. And also can you please give me the cost estimation for this?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vijay

Last edited:

archidambaram

Boremotor

What is the depth? What is the yield in litres per hour? Motor manufacturers have a catalog that will specify the depth & yield for each motor. There will be many motors matching your requirement. Depending on your requirement, you choose the motor. Cost will vary depending on no. of stages 3/4/5/6 stages of motor), construction material (steel or stainless steel), material used for impeller (steel or plastic) etc. If you decide on Texmo, go to the dealer. You may consider CRI pump also. 7.5 HP mptor with 4 stage pump would cost around 22,000-23,000.

Regards.

Hi,

We dig borewell recently and we got quiet good amount of wanter(2.5").

I would like to buy a motor for that probably texmo. But i would like to know how much HP of motor required?Will 12.5 hp is enough or 15 hp is required?

We would like to cultivate for 10 acres of land. And also can you please give me the cost estimation for this?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vijay

parthureddyg

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

The borewell depth is 350 feet. I do not know per liter capacity. In villages they call it in inches. Like 2.5" inch water is coming, 3 inch water is coming like that...

My borewell can get 2.5 inch water.

Will 12 Hp can be sufficient for 10 acres?

Thanks for the info on pipes.

Regards,
Vijay

manas reddy

Vijay,

2.5 inches will be sufficient for irrigating vegetable crops in 4 - 5 acers only a bigger pump will not solve your problem, the HP of the pump or the output of the pump should be more if you are using the free govt. power supply that is available to farmers for about 6 hours daily so that you can extract max. water within the 6 hours since the depth is only 350 ft, 7.5 - 10 HP pump will be sufficient, if you are using a paid power supply for about 18-20 hours a day then you can manage with around 5 HP pump or even a 3 HP single phase pump, the cost of pump and the piping will be less for a single phase pump and you can get the same amount of water by running it longer.

the requirement also depends on at what depth you have hit the underground water, is 350ft the total depth of the borewell or the depth at which you hit the water ?

Manas Reddy

archidambaram

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

The borewell depth is 350 feet. I do not know per liter capacity. In villages they call it in inches. Like 2.5" inch water is coming, 3 inch water is coming like that...

My borewell can get 2.5 inch water.

Will 12 Hp can be sufficient for 10 acres?

Thanks for the info on pipes.

Regards,
Vijay
Dear Vijay,

2.5" or 3" pipe specifies the diameter of delivery pipe. Your bore well has a capacity to supply water at certain rate. May be 10,000 litres per hour or 15,000 litres per hour. That depends on the soil structure below. When the bore well is made for the first time, your rig man would have told you. Otherwise, if you contact those who own rigs in your area and who has experience in drilling in your area will tell you how much of water can be drawn continuously from the bore well.

If you put high capacity motor, it will pump water out at higher rate the well can recharge. In that case water table will go below the motor and pump will run without pumping water after some time. That is not good for the motor. If you put a low capacity motor, you pump water continuously, but your well can deliver water more than you pump. Which means you are irrigating less acrage that what your well can supply. So to get optimum water output, you must know how much water your well can deliver continuously.

I hope I have made my point clear to you.

If you are confused, talk to anyone who has dug a bore well near your area who is has dug 350 feet with 2.5" delivery. Ask him what is the power of his motor.

Regards.

parthureddyg

Thanks alot for you kind replies ARC and Manas.

I am very clear now.

After reading your posts, i found 12.5 Hp is good for my 10 acres of land with 7 hours of power supply.

Thanks you !!

Regards,
Vijay