Notices

Thread: how to packet fresh milk

1. #1 how to packet fresh milk 

Hi
    I own a cow dairy farm.Now im planning to market the milk in a packet. can i pack the milk directly after milking and then store them in milk chiller or first i have to chill them and then packet them?i dont want to separate any fat from the milk.
    thank you
    Sandeep

Hi

There is a separate process for packeting milk.If you are selling it immediately milk shd be (boiled)Pasturised and then chilled.

REgards
    Ashwini

dear sandeepnaru,

i am planning to start a dairy farm. as you are already established in feild i want to take guidance from you and plan in proper way, i request you to send me your contact details so that i can get some information......

Blog Entries
    Dear Mr.Sandeep,

Chill the milk and do not freeze it. Chill it in bulk milk cooler if possible.If the quantity is less try keeping it in referigerators. Pack it without removing fat.You may charge little extra for your good quality produce. It is not recommended to have a pasteurisation system if the quantity is below 2000 litres. Because you need a packing form fill sealing machine,a compressor to make it work, polythene films etc. regards,mktvm

Thank you for your replies. i have seen a milk chiller from blue star company,can i use that to chill the milk.and can i sell the milk a day after milking is done (like today's milk to supply tomorrow early morning after chilling).

sandeep naru

Sandeepnaru - have you started using Blue Star's milk cooler? I am also thinking of using the same. Your feedback on it will be of great help. thanks.

Mktvm - in case filling milk in sachets (1 ltr) with a help of a filling machine, milk needs to be chilled first for which the cooler can be used right ? Also if filled in plastic, how long milk can be kept in normal tempt (not in cooler) in a packet? will it be necessary to keep packets in cooler even immediately after filling the packets? thanks

7. #7 Mr.sangam 

no i have not yet started using it.
    Regards
    Sandeep naru

8. #8 Hi Sandeep 

Hi Sandeep,

After 6 months of time I got the exact person in thinking like me. Thank you Sandeep. Am already doing marketing of loose milk. But I wanted to do it in packets way. Did you find the machine to pack in automatic way in cost effective solution. if yes then ping me
    Last edited by moderator A; July 30th, 2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

I already use blue star milk cooler. Its good, milk will not get frozen, however fat will condense which needs to be mixed again before selling (loose).

As regards selling in 1 ltr sealed packs, I am told that as per regulations milk must be pasteurised. Hence smaller farmers do not package.

10. #10 Dear all, 

I am also trying to packeting milk. But, before that we need to get ISI approval. Otherwise we cant use packet for marketing

Regards
    Amanullah Ag