Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

how to packet fresh milk

Register

Click Here!

sandeepnaru

Hi
I own a cow dairy farm.Now im planning to market the milk in a packet. can i pack the milk directly after milking and then store them in milk chiller or first i have to chill them and then packet them?i dont want to separate any fat from the milk.
thank you
Sandeep

Ashwini

Hi

There is a separate process for packeting milk.If you are selling it immediately milk shd be (boiled)Pasturised and then chilled.

REgards
Ashwini

bssreddy

dear sandeepnaru,

i am planning to start a dairy farm. as you are already established in feild i want to take guidance from you and plan in proper way, i request you to send me your contact details so that i can get some information......

sandeepnaru

Thank you for your replies. i have seen a milk chiller from blue star company,can i use that to chill the milk.and can i sell the milk a day after milking is done (like today's milk to supply tomorrow early morning after chilling).

sandeep naru

mmsangma

Sandeepnaru - have you started using Blue Star's milk cooler? I am also thinking of using the same. Your feedback on it will be of great help. thanks.

Mktvm - in case filling milk in sachets (1 ltr) with a help of a filling machine, milk needs to be chilled first for which the cooler can be used right ? Also if filled in plastic, how long milk can be kept in normal tempt (not in cooler) in a packet? will it be necessary to keep packets in cooler even immediately after filling the packets? thanks

sreedna

Hi Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

After 6 months of time I got the exact person in thinking like me. Thank you Sandeep. Am already doing marketing of loose milk. But I wanted to do it in packets way. Did you find the machine to pack in automatic way in cost effective solution. if yes then ping me

Last edited by a moderator:

mmsangma

I already use blue star milk cooler. Its good, milk will not get frozen, however fat will condense which needs to be mixed again before selling (loose).

As regards selling in 1 ltr sealed packs, I am told that as per regulations milk must be pasteurised. Hence smaller farmers do not package.

ag_aman2004

Dear all,

I am also trying to packeting milk. But, before that we need to get ISI approval. Otherwise we cant use packet for marketing

Regards
Amanullah Ag