Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Kiwi Fruit Farming in Dehradun at 4500 ft height

Register

Click Here!

poojafloriotech

Hi,
We have a farmland of about 1.5 to 1.75 ha size in lower hills in Dehradun district. The site is south facing and generally warm. Plenty of water is there. We wish to do Kiwi Fruit Farming there. We welcome expert's advice and suggestions as to the suitability and viability in Dehradun district of Uttarakhand.

manojsinghchandel

Kiwi fruit growing condition

The plants need a long growing season (at least 240 frost-free days), which will not be hampered by late winter, or early autumn freezes. For high yield and quality fruits it requires 700-800 chilling hrs below 70c to break its dormancy period. High temperature (>350c) accompanied by high insulation, low humidity, sunscald and heat stress are the main problem in its cultivation.

Kiwifruit prefer somewhat acid (pH 5 - 6.5), well-drained soils that are rich in organic matter. The plants do not tolerate salty soils

Regds

bondada

wanted source where i get Kiwi fruit plants

I am too interested in Kiwi fruit farming in Andhra Pradesh. My farm is located in Rajahmundry of AP and winter temparatures hover around 18 - 20 C and where as peak summer it soars at around 48 C. Copious water available and soil is organically rich. May pl advise where i get plants and no matter even if yield is not much. Wanted to try out in small quantity.

Ramakrishna

Last edited by a moderator:

jkmpic

Kiwi plants for sale in India

I am too interested in Kiwi fruit farming in Andhra Pradesh. My farm is located in Rajahmundry of AP and winter temparatures hover around 18 - 20 C and where as peak summer it soars at around 48 C. Copious water available and soil is organically rich. May pl advise where i get plants and no matter even if yield is not much. Wanted to try out in small quantity.

Ramakrishna
Deall all,

Kiwi plants are available (3 varities) and we do have in stock very large quantity ready for supply .
For more details: Jammu & Kashmir Medicinal Plants Introduction Centre
http://facebook.com/jkmpic
e-mail : jkmpic@gmail.com
Ph: 09858986794/01933-223705