Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Land required to grow fodder for stall fed goats

Register

Click Here!

vinodtkumar

To support 1000 goats in a stall fed farm; how much land do you need to grow the required fodder, 100% stall feeding only?

What is the area that is required per goat (square ft) in a 100% stall fed farm

If some one can answer the above questions I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Vinod

Ashwini

HI

You can contact the nearest Krishi vigyan kendra or the veterinary departmnet for tehse details

Regards
Ashwini

asadrazvi2000

Goat farming Information

Dear Sir,
Yo need 22-25 acre of land

Regarding Shed & Goats

The area for the shed can be as follows (i.e. – 14000 Sq ft inside the Shed for protecting against Robbers in Night, bad weather+ 28000 Sq ft outside, this you can use for feeding the Goats in hay racks, water and relaxing)
Inside shed- 14 Sqft / Goat
Outside space- 28 Sqft / Goat

The information is for 1000 goats but you can start initially with 150 or 200 Goats as per your Budget and expand your live stock as money and time permits you. I am telling you since it is very hard to expand the shed in future so plan the area of shed and grow to the extent you can manage

Costs of the shed + yours and labour accommodation you have to check locally in your area but you can reduce the cost as per the site condition and availability of labour and material on time from near by locations.

For 150 Goats you need 1 Skilled labour + 1 Helper (Salary- 5500 for skilled + 3500 for helper)

I recommend you to do semi stall feeding( stall feeding + 0nly 3 hours Natural Grazing) because the animals will get good exercise, they will active for mating and the fodder from the land can also be saved to some extent which can lead to reduction in Running Cost.

We are showing our interested in working with you on your project, we can not only supply you Pure Line and certified quality ofOsmanabadi goats @ 155 Rupees / kg which can suitable for any Indian Climate but also we can act as your Design and Supervision Consultant and help you to Design a sustainable and economical shed, planting various type of fodder according to season and availability of land, giving you De worming and Vaccination Schedule, 24 x7 Service and many more service as agreed.

We are very glade to inform you that our company “Greentech Organic Hydroponics Systems” manufacture a unit for the Maize/ Wheat grass fodder production in which you can produce Maize/ Wheat seedling by hydroponics techniques (Soil less culture) so it will ultimately produce microbes free, 100% organic healthy lush green seedlings of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder with less cost and in small area of 8ft x 4ft x 10ft with fully automated system, which can help you to boost up the production of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder in any climate condition with less input cost.

syedharoon27

Assalamalikum Asad Bhai,

My name is Haroon from Bangalore, We are almost set to start up goat and sheep farming business near Bangalore. Can you please help us with this regards we are looking out to buy some good breeds for our farm we are in the process of constructing the sheds. Any help and guidance from experience persons like you will be helpful for us in all the aspects.

Allah hafiz
Haroon
Syedharoon27@gmail.com

syedharoon27

Assalamalikum Asad Bhai,

Assalamalikum Asad Bhai,

My name is Haroon from Bangalore, We are almost set to start up goat and sheep farming business near Bangalore. Can you please help us with this regards we are looking out to buy some good breeds for our farm we are in the process of constructing the sheds. Any help and guidance from experience persons like you will be helpful for us in all the aspects.

Allah hafiz
Haroon
Syedharoon27@gmail.com

keerthigowda

Hi Mr.Azad,

Kindly PM me your contact details

Dear Sir,
Yo need 22-25 acre of land

Regarding Shed & Goats

The area for the shed can be as follows (i.e. – 14000 Sq ft inside the Shed for protecting against Robbers in Night, bad weather+ 28000 Sq ft outside, this you can use for feeding the Goats in hay racks, water and relaxing)
Inside shed- 14 Sqft / Goat
Outside space- 28 Sqft / Goat

The information is for 1000 goats but you can start initially with 150 or 200 Goats as per your Budget and expand your live stock as money and time permits you. I am telling you since it is very hard to expand the shed in future so plan the area of shed and grow to the extent you can manage

Costs of the shed + yours and labour accommodation you have to check locally in your area but you can reduce the cost as per the site condition and availability of labour and material on time from near by locations.

For 150 Goats you need 1 Skilled labour + 1 Helper (Salary- 5500 for skilled + 3500 for helper)

I recommend you to do semi stall feeding( stall feeding + 0nly 3 hours Natural Grazing) because the animals will get good exercise, they will active for mating and the fodder from the land can also be saved to some extent which can lead to reduction in Running Cost.

We are showing our interested in working with you on your project, we can not only supply you Pure Line and certified quality ofOsmanabadi goats @ 155 Rupees / kg which can suitable for any Indian Climate but also we can act as your Design and Supervision Consultant and help you to Design a sustainable and economical shed, planting various type of fodder according to season and availability of land, giving you De worming and Vaccination Schedule, 24 x7 Service and many more service as agreed.