Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Success Story of Farmers

Register

Click Here!

atulkalaskar

Dear Biofarm,

I am a commercial farmer and I want to have mono culture or one crop, since I am not interested taking new crop every year.

How do you think I can achieve this using Mr. Murthy or your know how? For example I have a 5 acre farm and I want to grow color capsicum every year. Do you think your technique can give me 800 tons of color capsicum every year for next 10 years?

Talk to your experts and let me know if anyone can assure me that and I would love to follow your advice.

Regards

Atul

mvsriocl

Hello Mr. Viswa karma

It seems that you have decided to dilute the topic " success stories of farmers"
Initially you have posted one good message;
After that It is being noticed that you are following copy & paste concept;
If you have new topic/worthy matter plz post it, otherwise where is the necessity of posting the same message repeatedly;
All are watching na........Iam sorry If I rude

Thanks & Regards
MV SubbaReddy

vishwakarma

Hello Mr. Viswa karma

It seems that you have decided to dilute the topic " success stories of farmers"
If you have new topic/worthy matter plz post it, otherwise where is the necessity of posting the same message repeatedly;

Thanks & Regards
MV SubbaReddy
Hello,

If a message is being posted in this thread, for spreading wrong information about organic farming, on this thread, then what do you expect me, to keep quite, and let the people spread wrong information about organic farming.

If people keep repeating the act of spreading the wrong information about the organic farming, then I will keep repeating posting the same message.

As people have freedom to spread wrong information about Organic Framing, I have freedom to repeat what I am posting repeatedly.

About posting " success stories of farmers"

I will do it by setting up separate website.

And will post the link of that website on this forum.

I have already collected details of more the 1000 farmers, who are successful both technically and financially by following the Organic Farming and I am helping them to get further increase in their farm gate prices by linking them (with all the support required like logistic / cold chain / payment etc) with the actual consumer and buyers of organic farm products in India and outside India.

One of the most important factor is, farmers are in 100% control of the price at which the farm products will be sold to buyers.

We are using internet based technologies to reduce the cost of the transactions, so that % of farm gate price in the retail price will increase.

Regards

MRC

Last edited:

atulkalaskar

One of the most important factor is, farmers are in 100% control of the price at which the farm products will be sold to buyers.

This just shows people are living in fool's paradise. Every sane economy survives on demand and supply theory. If any producer is 100% in control of the price it is called "Cartel", "Monopoly" and under fair trade practices act you will be wasting your time in courts rather than producing whatever little you could.

You pointed about people spreading wrong information then above statement of yours is the biggest false information I have ever seen anyone spreading on this forum.

For your technologically deficient idea of increasing farm gate price is another such wild dream. Farm gate price will fluctuate what you can control is overhead expenditure with use of technology. So get your ideas in place and then make a tall claim.

If 1000s of your farmers are already so successful technically and financially then why do they need your help to increase their retail price, don't they already know that? Talking about creating an entire logistic chain then let me remind you more reliable corporates are doing it by spending thousands of crores, it is neither your cup of tea nor you seem to be capable of understanding it's purpose.

You are most welcome to promote organic or any other form of agriculture but what we expect from you is that you come across with reliable information which could be trusted, verified and most importantly replicated for larger group of farmers.

Any idiot can sell dreams point is haven't we had enough of such guys?

Get serious because this is nothing to do with "save the world" but more to do with let farmers earn their living and live their life like any other descent middle class salaried family.

Last edited:

biofarming

success story of Farmer

Dear Atulkalaskar,

I have heard of Hydroponics but I am not familiar with Methodology of Hydroponics,Pl provide some details --- Suppose I do it on one acre How much cost will be involved ?& what will be the output ?

Can poor farmer afford it(hydroponics)?

Regards

atulkalaskar

Can poor man start a factory? On the other hand do you have to be Tatas, Birlas or Ambanis to start a factory?

To answer your question, if you can afford an investment of a green house then you can afford to be a hydroponic grower. Understand the basic idea behind Hydroponics. There are 13 various factors that will affect your yield. Through hydroponics you are trying to get maximum control over these factors. Higher your control more will be the yield.

If you wish to control all these 13 factors 100% then you can but your set up cost will be so high that it will not make sense economically. So we focus on various degrees of tolerance for each factor and design our system is that manner.

Here I am asking to adopt a new mind set which is "Highest yield at appropriate cost" rather than "Lowest cost and whatever may be the yield". This is where you become a businessman rather than a farmer.

At the end of the day, you need to value your resources (capital is just one of the many) and ensure they are most productive and never remain ideal thus running truly continuous factory style production which is best in every respect.

Regards

Atul

vishwakarma

This just shows people are living in fool's paradise. Every sane economy survives on demand and supply theory. If any producer is 100% in control of the price it is called "Cartel", "Monopoly" and under fair trade practices act you will be wasting your time in courts rather than producing whatever little you could.

You pointed about people spreading wrong information then above statement of yours is the biggest false information I have ever seen anyone spreading on this forum.

For your technologically deficient idea of increasing farm gate price is another such wild dream. Farm gate price will fluctuate what you can control is overhead expenditure with use of technology. So get your ideas in place and then make a tall claim.

If 1000s of your farmers are already so successful technically and financially then why do they need your help to increase their retail price, don't they already know that? Talking about creating an entire logistic chain then let me remind you more reliable corporates are doing it by spending thousands of crores, it is neither your cup of tea nor you seem to be capable of understanding it's purpose.

You are most welcome to promote organic or any other form of agriculture but what we expect from you is that you come across with reliable information which could be trusted, verified and most importantly replicated for larger group of farmers.

Any idiot can sell dreams point is haven't we had enough of such guys?

Get serious because this is nothing to do with "save the world" but more to do with let farmers earn their living and live their life like any other descent middle class salaried family.
Hello,

Thanks for posting your response.

Farm gate price will fluctuate

The farm gate prices fluctuation depends on who is the buyer.

We are doing is;

1) Tapping direct buyers, for the farm products of the farmers, with the help of WSHG, (Women Self Help Group)

2) Processing of the farm products, with the help of WSHG, (Women Self Help Group), in to ready to cook / ready to eat products.

Regarding your comment,

"Any idiot can sell dreams point is haven't we had enough of such guys?"

Time will show who is what and who is selling dreams.

We are not just talking or dreaming, but producing practical results / the cash flow for the WSHG (Women Self Help Group) and the Organic Farmers, by helping them to get orders for their products, the process in which,

WSHG (Women Self Help Group) and the Organic Farmers decides (with 100% control) the retailing price at which the Processed Food Products Organic Farm Products are getting retailed.

Retailing of the farm products / food products, to get better retail prices need right / proper approach & strategy.

If farmers keep dumping the farm products in market yards, to be sold to the trader - buyer or keep producing without knowing what is need of buyers, the farm gate prices will fluctuate and farm product producers will keep suffering.

The need of the hour is to bypass the traditional channel through which the farm product reaches the end consumer and avoiding taking decision, about which farm product to be cultivated, without consulting the farm product buyers. The better option is cultivation as per the demand / requirement of the buyer, so the farm product producer need not to search the buyer after harvesting.

Joining hands with the farm product processors (e.g. WSHG - Women Self Help Groups) who produces the ready to cook / ready to eat products is one more option to realize better farm gate prices and have 100 % control over the farm gate prices of their own farm.

Regarding your comment,

If 1000s of your farmers are already so successful technically and financially then why do they need your help to increase their retail price, don't they already know that?

Yes farmers know that having control over the retailing of the farm products / processing of the farm products, can fetch them better farm gate prices, than what they are getting today.

WSHG knows that, they have competitive advantage in the ready to eat - ready to cook product market.

Consumer / buyers of the farm product - food product knows that, if they purchase directly from the WSHG / Farmers, they can get products at cheaper rate and without any adulteration.

But they want somebody who can help them in doing it.

And when I offered them the help they accepted it.

Regarding your comment

Talking about creating an entire logistic chain then let me remind you more reliable corporates are doing it by spending thousands of crores,

Nobody is stopping your more reliable corporates from selling the farm products.

What we are doing is linking the Framers - WSHG (Women Self Help Group) - Farm Product / Food Product Consumers - Buyers, bay having their own entire logistic chain - infrastructure, under the corporate business entity, in which the Framers - WSHG (Women Self Help Group) - Farm Product / Food Product Consumers - Buyers, will have controlling stake.

Nobody can stop the

"Framers - WSHG (Women Self Help Group) - Farm Product / Food Product Consumers - Buyers"

coming together and joining hands for their own benefits, under

Corporate Business Entity, in which they will have controlling stakes.

Regarding your comment;

it is neither your cup of tea

Sorry, time will show that your comment is wrong

You are assuming that I am alone,

You are wrong.

I have with me;

WSHG and Organic farm product producers, the organic farmers and the farm product / food product consumers.

Regarding your comment,

If anybody wants to have reliable information which could be trusted, verified and most importantly replicated for larger group of farmers, they can directly contact the

"Framers - WSHG (Women Self Help Group) - Farm Product / Food Product Consumers - Buyers"

with whom I am working.

Regarding your comment,

Thanks for the free advice.

Please keep with yourself.

Organic Farmers will live far better, contend and healthy life than descent middle class salaried family living in the cities.

Thanking you
With regards

MRC

Last edited:

vishwakarma

Hello Mr. Viswa karma

Thanks & Regards
MV SubbaReddy
Turmeric Success Story

Hello,

I am pleased to inform you about the success story of farmer who had cultivated Turmeric by following organic farming practices.

Regrads

MRC

==================

"Organic Turmeric Farming - Turmeric Processing - Retailing of Turmeric Powder in Pune City"

Area under cultivation:

1 Acre

Total out put (Dry weight of Turmeric Powder):

1500 kg

Present rate / kg, at which the Organic Turmeric Powder is getting sold (through our retailing activities for organic farmers), in retail, in Pune city, to end consumer, is:

Rs 300=00 per kg.

Name of the Farmer:

Mr. Tulsidas Fund

He is MOFF (Maharashtra Organic Farming Federation) member

Location of the Farm:

At. Po.: Tuljapur

Dist: Usmanabad

===========

Last edited:

shanmuga06

Success stories of farmers

Hi,

This title is very interesting one in this forum.Somebody stated about organic farming is the ay of success.firstup all Mr viswakarma dnt go to Alopathic hospital and stop all tablets.Sugarane farmers were strugling every year for getting reasonable price not higher price .The sugar factories are crusing the sugarcanes with the blood of farmers.The cotton merchants were commited sucide in AP an account of unbearable debts.The grape farmers were also commit sucide in maharastra due to heavy burden of debt.These things were seen in news papers and all medias.Our prime minister came to AP to console sucide commited farmers family and
granted some compansation to the family.But we cant retrive the soul of the farmers commited sucide.

So now what trend is going? The farmers of the India edcating their children for some extent i.e Engineering,It ,software and visual communications.After completing the education the children of the farmers mostly working in abroad and earning more than their parents.After some period the farmers children are thinking about agriculture in their mother land.really i am very much happy about this type of attitudes .Agriculture is not a game because we cant acess and predict the yield .So many parameters and galifers will be involved like selection of seeds/seedlings/saplings,water source,climate,setting of monsoon and care of the farmers.Agriculture is an asthma patient in india.

A Sivakumar

vishwakarma

Hi,

This title is very interesting one in this forum.Somebody stated about organic farming is the ay of success.firstup all Mr viswakarma dnt go to Alopathic hospital and stop all tablets.Sugarane farmers were strugling every year for getting reasonable price not higher price .The sugar factories are crusing the sugarcanes with the blood of farmers.The cotton merchants were commited sucide in AP an account of unbearable debts.The grape farmers were also commit sucide in maharastra due to heavy burden of debt.These things were seen in news papers and all medias.Our prime minister came to AP to console sucide commited farmers family and
granted some compansation to the family.But we cant retrive the soul of the farmers commited sucide.

So now what trend is going? The farmers of the India edcating their children for some extent i.e Engineering,It ,software and visual communications.After completing the education the children of the farmers mostly working in abroad and earning more than their parents.After some period the farmers children are thinking about agriculture in their mother land.really i am very much happy about this type of attitudes .Agriculture is not a game because we cant acess and predict the yield .So many parameters and galifers will be involved like selection of seeds/seedlings/saplings,water source,climate,setting of monsoon and care of the farmers.Agriculture is an asthma patient in india.

A Sivakumar
Hello,

Regarding your comment;

The grape farmers were also commit sucide in maharastra due to heavy burden of debt.These things were seen in news papers and all medias.

That is exactly the problem.

News papers and all medias, gives more publicity to the failures in the farming sector than what publicity is given to the success in the farming sector.

This results in the negative image about the farming sector.

Regards

MRC

vishwakarma

Dear sir(vishwakarma),

thank you for a wonderful write up about Dadasaheb Shembekar it was really nice. hope members in this site will come up with such encouraging write up.

Thank You once again

Regards
Deepak
Hello,

There is autobiography available of Mr. Dadasaheb Shembekar, in Marathi language, called "Nivadungawar Umalali Fhule", by Vinita Mahajani

Those who want to know more about the life of Mr. Dadasaheb Shembekar, this book gives more insight.

Regards

MRC

nageshg

Dear farmer friends,please post success stories and help members to follow .they may be in any system ie, organic,natural,hydroponic or any other systems .
regards,Nageswararao G

mvsriocl

Dear Mr. Nageshwararao

I agree with you, many people are trying to show/prove the theoritical knowledge they obese. No body is trying to utilize/educate the actual purpose of the topic.

any how, I would share one story:

One farmer started dairy farm of 100 murrah buffalos with a passion & with out minimum knowlwdge of running dairy farm; since begining he suffered a lot in running/ maintaining the buffalos; after one year he could realise that he is leading to huge losses; he approached a good veternary doctor and called the doctor to visit twice in a week; doctor suggested him to sell of 30 buffalos, which are either from disease/low yield/other reasons; after one more year the farmer observed good results and also he learnt the way of maintaning the farm both technically and economically & he expressed some satisfaction; One good thing the farmer has done is that he started vermi compost at the inception of the dairy farm; now he is getting 35k
per month only on vermicompost; also as on today he has lot of heifers / small bulls either for selling or to utilise them for his farm expansion; besides that he started cultivating CHEENI using his own vermi compost; Now he is the happiest farmer;

One more thing: he is planning to start Lamb Fattening; I know he will definetly succed in future because he is higly committed farmer.

He is the real inspiration of mine.

Let us all wish him for his more & more succesful journeys;

Thanks & Regards
MV Subbareddy

atulkalaskar

Thanks indeed for this lovely input. What I have learnt from this story which may be beneficial for all newcomers is.....planning is Vital. Study all angels of your activity, ensure and exploit every single economic activity that is related to main activity and most importantly take help first and not after you have lost.

I would appreciate if anyone has better understanding then do pen it down for us.

mvsriocl

Thank you Atulkalaskar,

I request all the members to share the information/stories they have;
we are here not only to gain self, but also to make others gain the knowledge;

Thanks & Regards
MV SubbaReddy

puneetthind

Hello frendz

Most of us are employess working on different streams in differnt companys ranging from small to MNCs getting pays from 5k to 500k per month;

In fact we are all here because of one common interest,nothing but agriculture;

Most of us are fresh and confused about starting, expecting neither money nor physical support; But expecting high motivation & moral boost up from others;

It would be highly helpful to all memebers if any body can post " Success Stories of the farmers" they have come across/learnt from others;

I hereby request even moderators of this site to Publish "High Motovational Stories of the farmers of India", which influences the minds of lot of young professional farmers;
I would like see India by 2020 having More number Professional farmers than the no. of Traditional farmer as on Today.

Thanks & Regards
MV SubbaReddy
Upcoming Professional Farmer
hi...

I'm Puneet Singh Thind. I'm pleased to tell you that i have reversely-migrated to agriculture in Punjab from my job in International Marketing. I'm passionate about agriculture and always wanted to remain a farmer. Taking the advantage of my native profession and professional outlook, i formed a team of like-minded farmers and got land in Ethiopia (Africa) too for commercial farming. We are working in a Cooperative and started initiatives like Seed Development, contract farming, Food-Processing etc. We have tie-ups with all leading agri-input companies for Input and Output supplies. We are also educating farmers and youth to take new initiatives.

This is how we are changing face of agriculture in Punjab, Haryana and overseas.

puneetthind

hi...

I'm Puneet Singh Thind. I'm pleased to tell you that i have reversely-migrated to agriculture in Punjab from my job in International Marketing. I'm passionate about agriculture and always wanted to remain a farmer. Taking the advantage of my native profession and professional outlook, i formed a team of like-minded farmers and got land in Ethiopia (Africa) too for commercial farming. We are working in a Cooperative and started initiatives like Seed Development, contract farming, Food-Processing etc. We have tie-ups with all leading agri-input companies for Input and Output supplies. We are also educating farmers and youth to take new initiatives.

This is how we are changing face of agriculture in Punjab, Haryana and overseas.
for any information as to above, you may also contact me

Last edited by a moderator:

suraram

More data please?

Dear Mr. Nageshwararao

I agree with you, many people are trying to show/prove the theoritical knowledge they obese. No body is trying to utilize/educate the actual purpose of the topic.

any how, I would share one story:

One farmer started dairy farm of 100 murrah buffalos with a passion & with out minimum knowlwdge of running dairy farm; since begining he suffered a lot in running/ maintaining the buffalos; after one year he could realise that he is leading to huge losses; he approached a good veternary doctor and called the doctor to visit twice in a week; doctor suggested him to sell of 30 buffalos, which are either from disease/low yield/other reasons; after one more year the farmer observed good results and also he learnt the way of maintaning the farm both technically and economically & he expressed some satisfaction; One good thing the farmer has done is that he started vermi compost at the inception of the dairy farm; now he is getting 35k
per month only on vermicompost; also as on today he has lot of heifers / small bulls either for selling or to utilise them for his farm expansion; besides that he started cultivating CHEENI using his own vermi compost; Now he is the happiest farmer;

One more thing: he is planning to start Lamb Fattening; I know he will definetly succed in future because he is higly committed farmer.

He is the real inspiration of mine.

Let us all wish him for his more & more succesful journeys;

Thanks & Regards
MV Subbareddy
Hi,
I've been following this thread for a while. I have a two acre farm. Would someone post a success story of what could be done with a farm of this size? What was the investment(excluding cost of land)? What went into the planning? What were the issues faced and lessons learned? What were the operating costs? What was the yeild? Any info with specific figures would be helpful.