Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

is dairy farm profitable

Register

Click Here!

manojc2788

Select dairy farm as employment is its profitable business
@ cows and Buffaloes which one is profitable
@ In karnataka which bred is suitable
please share with me

gkbamania

want to start dairy farm

Dear sir,
can you suggest me whole project report for starting dairycattle farm?
Contact me

Last edited by a moderator:

thinkbig

Diary farm

Dear mr,muralikrishnan, I have about 75 ac mango and 20ac amla cum sandalwood plantation in chittor dt AP near madanapalle.my efforts in starting a diary has not been a happyone..we started with 8 cows and now only two cows are left.main problem is labour and our inability to personally supervise aprt from low yielding cows and nonavailability of quality semon for insemination.eventhough i myself require 600mt manure/year and have readymarket for the milk Iam hesitant to proceed further.shall be happy to share your thoughts in this regard. T N REDDY
Please contact..

nandini goshala

Select dairy farm as employment is its profitable business
@ cows and Buffaloes which one is profitable
@ In karnataka which bred is suitable
please share with me
Mr. Manoj, Take it from me, the Dairy farming is not only profitable, but much safer also.

I will Share my experiences, the saga of success in Dairy farming, with the members soon.

If you can tell me that, on which part of karantaka are you looking to start the dairy farm I can suggest you about the breeds. I am in Mysore District.
Regards

Last edited:

bobloit

i have land of 7.5acres n already started dairy farming with 3 cows,but i m sort of money 2 built bigger shelter n stores house 4 them.besides i m trying 2 increase it 20 to 30 cows.i approach local banks but they ask 2 register local n.g.o 4 loans.as they r very corrupted i donk seek 4 their help.so i need financial assistance from private financeir at resonable interest by providing all required document n project report.will u kindly help me?

bobloit

finance 4 dairy farming

need finance assistance or loans 4 dairy farming at manipur state,mayang imphal by providing require documents.interested financier can contact me

growell

need your help

Mr murali krishnan
i find your information is very clear about and good one i am planning also same kind of dairy so i need your support how can i contact you and get more information i need ?i have about 5 acres land with a bore well recently done and waiting for power supply. I need your expert advice
dear manoj,

in starting stage its better to keep 10 cows, learn the art of cow farming.avoid brokers while purchasing cows.avoid farms too. Imagine i have a farm and you are coming to buy cows. I will give the cows which are non productive or having some incurable disease. Better to go with a reliable farmer friend who knows how to select cows. A fat cow may not give good milk i mean more quantity. Good cows are available at kaverippattinam,near krishnagiri. You may have to negotiate hard.

You need a cow shed with sloped floor towards the back of the cow. A mild slope for the water to drain. If slope is too much, it will be dangerous for cows,human beings and for pregnant cows. A cow needs a standing place of 2 mtr length and 4 feet width apart from the feeding manger in front of the cow 1/2 metre.

You dont need any special permissions from any govt body to start dairy farm. The building (cow shed) needs building permit as per your plan from the local panchayat. There is absolutely no harm in using machines. You will get good, clean,hygienic milk without froth from the machine.

For 10 cows if you need a single can machine 1 or 2 people can manage. We have a kannada speaking service person who can install and train your staff.

Having a bulk milk cooler is a good idea because milk will not get spoiled. (not recommended for 10 cows). But if you have the facility to sell the milk as soon as it is milked, you dont have to spend money for buying a cooler. Please do not buy local coolers, buy it from reputed companies only.

Milking machines normally works on electricity and it has a milking can with 30 litre capacity.buy only good machines with pneumatic oil free pulsators and vacuum pump. We are in that business. Its better to have generator back up as during milking time you need power back up.

Money is there from the front of the cow ( milk) and back of the cow ( cow dung conversion to organic manure or vermi compost with earthworms- you make vermi compost by leaving good earth worms- its having good demand in places where vegetable cultivation/flowers/coconut/where ever is there chemical fertiliser isused.)

maintaining buffaloes is good but not recommended for beginners. Keep cows, learn the art of dairying,then you can venture into buffaloes.they yield less compared to cows, but as the fat percentage in milk is more you may get more money for their milk per litre cost. ( buffalo curd is more tastier).

When they become old you dispose it off or give it to some goshala. When they are dry, inseminate them if they are in good health. For any cow dry period is there.

I hope i have clarified your doubts. I am murali krishnan, who worked for nearly 20 years in this line, now doing my own business. I had met with a very serious accident last october in my scorpio and unfortunately i got left side paralysis. I am typing now using my right hand, i have recovered but facial left paralysis remains. I can walk and move my left hand but not like what i was using my left hand before. I was actually heading for nagpur when this unfortunate thing happened. I sold a milking parlour there. Milking parlour means milker will be standing in a pit and cows will stand in a platform and the milk from its udder will get collected in a ss pipe in the centre and falls finally to a bulk milk cooler or collecting vessel. No milking cans will be there. Milk from the udder of the cow will go the milk cooler untouched by hand. The milk given by each cow can be measured using milk meters installed in the ss pipeline.

In the picture attached(emin 110) milk will get collected in pipe lines underneath the platform on both sides.

I am importing machines from turkey which is iso certified and manufactured as per european norms. You may consult a chartered accountant who has experience in preparing agri project reports. I visited turkey last year to learn more on dairy farming.

Drinking bowl ensures that your cow gets good clean drinking water whenever it needs, fron the overhead tank. Water starts flowing when cow puts it head inside by the lower jaw of the cow pressing the lever inside thw water bowl. A good cow requires about 100 litres of water a day.

Calf bottle- for calves, you can feed required quantity of milk through the feeding bottle. Its better to avoid to leave the calves for drinking milk from the cow's udder as it may bite and injure the cow. If pain is there cow will not give you milk.

With chaff cutter you can cut co3 grass(which grows upto 7 feet height, may be more too) to small pieces. For 10 cows hand driven is more than enough.

With kind regards

muralikrishnan
sri vinayaka agencies
please contact..

srs_amol

hi

I wanted to start dairy bussiness please provide the help

Amol
Please contact..

abeekrishna

New Dairy farm

Sir I read your answer i'm also to start dairyfarm with 10 acres please guide me to do well.send me your mail id for further clarification..
Dear Manoj,

In starting stage its better to keep 10 cows, learn the art of cow farming.Avoid brokers while purchasing cows.Avoid farms too. Imagine i have a farm and you are coming to buy cows. i will give the cows which are non productive or having some incurable disease. Better to go with a reliable farmer friend who knows how to select cows. A fat cow may not give good milk i mean more quantity. Good cows are available at kaverippattinam,near krishnagiri. You may have to negotiate hard.

You need a cow shed with sloped floor towards the back of the cow. a mild slope for the water to drain. if slope is too much, it will be dangerous for cows,human beings and for pregnant cows. a cow needs a standing place of 2 mtr length and 4 feet width apart from the feeding manger in front of the cow 1/2 metre.

You dont need any special permissions from any govt body to start dairy farm. The building (cow shed) needs building permit as per your plan from the local panchayat. There is absolutely no harm in using machines. You will get good, clean,hygienic milk without froth from the machine.

For 10 cows if you need a single can machine 1 or 2 people can manage. We have a kannada speaking service person who can install and train your staff.

Having a bulk milk cooler is a good idea because milk will not get spoiled. (not recommended for 10 cows). but if you have the facility to sell the milk as soon as it is milked, you dont have to spend money for buying a cooler. Please do not buy local coolers, buy it from reputed companies only.

Milking machines normally works on electricity and it has a milking can with 30 litre capacity.Buy only good machines with pneumatic oil free pulsators and vacuum pump. We are in that business. Its better to have generator back up as during milking time you need power back up.

Money is there from the front of the cow ( milk) and back of the cow ( cow dung conversion to organic manure or vermi compost with earthworms- you make vermi compost by leaving good earth worms- its having good demand in places where vegetable cultivation/flowers/coconut/where ever is there chemical fertiliser isused.)

Maintaining buffaloes is good but not recommended for beginners. Keep cows, learn the art of dairying,then you can venture into buffaloes.They yield less compared to cows, but as the fat percentage in milk is more you may get more money for their milk per litre cost. ( buffalo curd is more tastier).

When they become old you dispose it off or give it to some goshala. When they are dry, inseminate them if they are in good health. For any cow dry period is there.

I hope i have clarified your doubts. I am Murali Krishnan, who worked for nearly 20 years in this line, now doing my own business. i had met with a very serious accident last october in my scorpio and unfortunately i got left side paralysis. I am typing now using my right hand, i have recovered but facial left paralysis remains. i can walk and move my left hand but not like what i was using my left hand before. I was actually heading for nagpur when this unfortunate thing happened. i sold a milking parlour there. Milking parlour means milker will be standing in a pit and cows will stand in a platform and the milk from its udder will get collected in a SS pipe in the centre and falls finally to a bulk milk cooler or collecting vessel. No milking cans will be there. milk from the udder of the cow will go the milk cooler untouched by hand. The milk given by each cow can be measured using milk meters installed in the SS pipeline.

In the picture attached(emin 110) milk will get collected in pipe lines underneath the platform on both sides.

I am importing machines from turkey which is ISO certified and manufactured as per european norms. You may consult a chartered accountant who has experience in preparing agri project reports. I visited turkey last year to learn more on dairy farming.

Drinking bowl ensures that your cow gets good clean drinking water whenever it needs, fron the overhead tank. water starts flowing when cow puts it head inside by the lower jaw of the cow pressing the lever inside thw water bowl. A good cow requires about 100 litres of water a day.

Calf bottle- for calves, you can feed required quantity of milk through the feeding bottle. its better to avoid to leave the calves for drinking milk from the cow's udder as it may bite and injure the cow. if pain is there cow will not give you milk.

With Chaff cutter you can cut CO3 grass(which grows upto 7 feet height, may be more too) to small pieces. for 10 cows hand driven is more than enough.

With kind regards

MuraliKrishnan
Sri Vinayaka Agencies
Please contact..

abeekrishna

Sir I read your answer i'm also to start dairyfarm with 10 acres please guide me to do well.send me your mail id for further clarification..
Sir I read your answer i'm also to start dairyfarm with 10 acres please guide me to do well.send me your mail id for further clarification.

dr_vivekpatil

Try out for a Crossbred Cow Dairy Farm Project Reports as per NABARD guidelines which can be customized as per your needs
Regards,
Dr. Vivek Patil
Asst. Prof. LPM, Veterinary College, Bidar

Site Moderators please note :This is a livestock extension initiative meant to increase awareness about the economic aspects of dairy farming and aid in project planning by dairy entrepreneurs. It does not involve any business activity.

vinayakatvm

Dairy Farming - Viability??

Yes. It’s a profitable business provided the investor is present there during milking and feeding time and knows feeding techniques & avoid overfeeding. Milk must be sold to the end consumer at an MRP of Rs.40/- per litre. Go for other money earning devices like selling urine, dung, and make vermi compost, organic manure etc which will go well in city areas where demand of milk is also there.

In Karnataka, its better to keep cows. Sourcing good buffaloes not possible there. Moreover if you are a beginner its better to venture into cows first. Good buffaloes (Murrah) can be sourced from A.P/ Maharashtra/Haryana.

To make a dairy farm profitable, first of all you must be one among the worker’s, giving instructions, checking/supervising what is the right thing to do. You cannot run a dairy farm sitting in your house and giving instructions on phone. Milking /Feeding /Breeding needs your instructions. Labourers cannot take decisions.

Dairy is not profitable unless you work there. If are dependent on labour it is completely loss

Last edited:

balyanayak

dairy farming not profitable

dear all plz do not enter into dairy farm in andhra prades dairy farming bussiness fuck up no milk price and feeding cost very high call me8008213957 by mistek dont enter freinds now i am crying

Dear Manoj,

In starting stage its better to keep 10 cows, learn the art of cow farming.Avoid brokers while purchasing cows.Avoid farms too. Imagine i have a farm and you are coming to buy cows. i will give the cows which are non productive or having some incurable disease. Better to go with a reliable farmer friend who knows how to select cows. A fat cow may not give good milk i mean more quantity. Good cows are available at kaverippattinam,near krishnagiri. You may have to negotiate hard.

You need a cow shed with sloped floor towards the back of the cow. a mild slope for the water to drain. if slope is too much, it will be dangerous for cows,human beings and for pregnant cows. a cow needs a standing place of 2 mtr length and 4 feet width apart from the feeding manger in front of the cow 1/2 metre.

Having a bulk milk cooler is a good idea because milk will not get spoiled. (not recommended for 10 cows). but if you have the facility to sell the milk as soon as it is milked, you dont have to spend money for buying a cooler. Please do not buy local coolers, buy it from reputed companies only.

Milking machines normally works on electricity and it has a milking can with 30 litre capacity.Buy only good machines with pneumatic oil free pulsators and vacuum pump. We are in that business. Its better to have generator back up as during milking time you need power back up.

Maintaining buffaloes is good but not recommended for beginners. Keep cows, learn the art of dairying,then you can venture into buffaloes.They yield less compared to cows, but as the fat percentage in milk is more you may get more money for their milk per litre cost. ( buffalo curd is more tastier).

I hope i have clarified your doubts. I am Murali Krishnan, who worked for nearly 20 years in this line, now doing my own business. i had met with a very serious accident last october in my scorpio and unfortunately i got left side paralysis. I am typing now using my right hand, i have recovered but facial left paralysis remains. i can walk and move my left hand but not like what i was using my left hand before. I was actually heading for nagpur when this unfortunate thing happened. i sold a milking parlour there. Milking parlour means milker will be standing in a pit and cows will stand in a platform and the milk from its udder will get collected in a SS pipe in the centre and falls finally to a bulk milk cooler or collecting vessel. No milking cans will be there. milk from the udder of the cow will go the milk cooler untouched by hand. The milk given by each cow can be measured using milk meters installed in the SS pipeline.

I am importing machines from turkey which is ISO certified and manufactured as per european norms. You may consult a chartered accountant who has experience in preparing agri project reports. I visited turkey last year to learn more on dairy farming.

Drinking bowl ensures that your cow gets good clean drinking water whenever it needs, fron the overhead tank. water starts flowing when cow puts it head inside by the lower jaw of the cow pressing the lever inside thw water bowl. A good cow requires about 100 litres of water a day.

Calf bottle- for calves, you can feed required quantity of milk through the feeding bottle. its better to avoid to leave the calves for drinking milk from the cow's udder as it may bite and injure the cow. if pain is there cow will not give you milk.

With Chaff cutter you can cut CO3 grass(which grows upto 7 feet height, may be more too) to small pieces. for 10 cows hand driven is more than enough.

With kind regards

MuraliKrishnan
Sri Vinayaka Agencies
Please contact..