Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Quinoa

Register

Click Here!

totalamc

Any one can give details of "Quinoa" production in india.. need consultancy and production in india... call manoj

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashwini

HI

Quinoa, pronounced “keen-wa”, is well known to whole food enthusiasts as a nutritious and delicious alternative to rice, beloved of vegetarians thanks to its high protein content.

Advantages of Growing Quinoa in the Garden

A small amount of seed will grow a great deal of grain, though you must choose the right variety, with loose seed heads, if you are gardening in a temperate climate. Quinoa seeds have a soapy coating of saponins that needs to be washed off before cooking, but this stops birds from eating your crop, making it suitable for cultivation in small gardens where small scale cereal growing normally attracts an immovable flock of pigeons.
How to Grow Quinoa

Grow just as you would outdoor tomatoes (quinoa is, if anything, more robust than tomatoes).

* Sow quinoa seed thinly under cover in pots or seed trays in spring
* Prick out small plants, grow on individually in pots and harden off
* Plant out with around 50cm between plants

How to Harvest Quinoa

The seed are ready to harvest when the first seeds may be rubbed easily from the seed heads. Cut the stalk below the seed head and hang bunches of seed heads upside down, under cover, until dry.

Regards
Ashwini

totalamc

Thanks for the updates, i have searched many sites and collected database of the same, i need research center where this quinoa can be hybrid in Indian environment.... I need consultants for this project to launch in India in large scale..... or can any one help me in government org. where i can contact and get details...

totalamc

wanted qinoa distributors

wanted quinoa distributor, in all major cities of India..

we are largest importor of Quinoa and Fresh Fruit extracts in india...

viru5

Hi I am interested in this. I am from Valsad district of Gujarat. I would request you to send me more details regarding the same. I would like to start a venture in its distribution if it sounds interesting. Thank you.

svreddyt

I would like to buy Quinoa in bulk quantity from Hyderabad, AP, INDIA
Please send more details as soon as possible

saveearth

I would like to buy Quinoa in bulk quantity from Hyderabad, AP, INDIA
Please send more details as soon as possible
Did you receive any information on the buying of Quinoa? Even i am interested in buying as well as cultivating Quinoa - Is anybody there to help me kickstart please?

cyborg_jp

How to grow Quinoa

Is any one already growing this crop in India? Read in news yesterday that Govt. of India is planning to promote this crop as a pilot project in Anantapur Dt. of A.P.
Thanks,
-JP
Did you receive any information on the buying of Quinoa? Even i am interested in buying as well as cultivating Quinoa - Is anybody there to help me kickstart please?

rajbeer25

Quinoa cultivation

Is any one already growing this crop in India? Read in news yesterday that Govt. of India is planning to promote this crop as a pilot project in Anantapur Dt. of A.P.
Thanks,
-JP
I am little bit confused regarding to quinoa (chenopodium quinoa),i did lot of googling on internet but not find exact information,first what we called in india (ex.Bathua)?is it similar to bathua?second how can we cultivted it and what should be climate for it,I am from Madhya Pradesh.If it is possible in india,then where we can purchage the seed of it.i found online,but that are not for farming purpose.

Buy Roland Quinoa White 340 gm @ Zansaar.com
Quinoa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks,
Rajbir Singh

sobulapu

Sir ,
Im intrested in buying Quinoa. Can you please give further contact details as whom to contact ?

Thanks,
Soujanya

maheshamulya

Hi Kesavanatth,

Very Good Evening. Happy to find someone like you to guide us on cultivating quinoa.........We are from ananthapur district and are immensely interested in cultivating quinoa.......Could you please let us know of how to contact you for more information..................????
It would be a great help if you share your contact number................... :)

Thanks,
Mahesh Babu T

cyborg_jp

I need help from fellow farmers in A.P. in cultivating quinoa. Will buy seeds from you also.
Thanks in advance.
-JP

venkatamudunuri

Hi Keshav,

I am basically from Andhra pradesh and living in USA. i would like to talk to you quinoa . Please send me your contact details.

Thanks
Venkat