Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Quinoa

Register

Click Here!

manyaupa

Finally i have completed one full cycle of quinoa cultivation. Sowing till selling.
Got 450 kg / Acer.
Please visit below mentioned link to watch my quinoa farm videos and small articles.
https://plus.google.com/113340098332125895987
I have finalized the best practices and methods for quinoa farming. I also have several photos of each stage and actual farming videos
I would be glad To help and share my knowledge with every one.
I am reachable at 09850597704.
Manojl.upadhyaya@gmail.com

manyaupa

Finally - I have prepaerd a quinoa farming guide .. Based on my successful quinoa farming season.
This guide covers following Topics
• Soil selection
• Farm bed preparation
• Sowing Method
• Fertilization schedule
• Irrigation schedule
• Plant growth.
• Periodic observations Insects and pests control
• Weeding schedule
• Crop cutting
• threshing and Seed separation
• Financial aspect
• Assumption and desclaimers
• Miscellaneous and references

Who Am I?I am a software engineer and currently working as a Manager in a big IT services company in India. I am from an agriculture background family. But in the past , before 2014 , I had never put any effort or keen interest in farming.
I belong to a place called Paratwada (Dist. Amravati) from Maharashtra state. The region which is famous for oranges but at the same time making entry in Indian media for unfortunate event of farmers committing suicide due to non-profitable farming , debts etc.
This made me to think about what the educated people can contribute in terms of coming up with ideas for profitable farming, innovative farming, new areas in farming, something out of the box.

What did I do?
My search has accidently introduced me with Quinoa while watching a TV show about recepies. The host was making a quinoa dish and at the same time passed on little but very interesting information about quinoa.

I decided to surrender myself to Google search engine and get more information about quinoa grain.

After going through the available information on Google I decided to at least start experiments on quinoa farming. But only challenge and barrier was about seeds availability.
Tried at least for 4 months to procure seeds. Communicated with people in USA, Turkestan, and India and many more. And finally could procure seeds from somewhere in Andhra Pradesh

I started experiment in small pots in my flat balcony, my native place bungalow, and front yard, back yard, in nursery bags and on play grounds.
Experimented plantation technique and direct sowing techniques.
Experimented deferred irrigation, heavy irrigation, very low irrigation and without irrigation.
Performed experiments in winter season, summer season and rainy season
I have gathered and recorded all the inputs.
These experiments were performed for duration of one year.

After analyzing all the data collected, I was able to derive the best practices for quinoa farming.

Once getting assured about the best practice for quinoa farming, I have started actual quinoa farming in 2 acre land and got a decent success in my venture.

Summerising my experience in this document with the hope that it will prove helpful for all thoses who are interested in quinoa farming.

Last edited: