Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Interested in Farming

Register

Click Here!

mosimms

Dear Sir,

I am a new member on this forum. I have no prior experience in farming ( I work in the Software Industry), but have been interested in taking it up for a while, specifically as a life-style choice to be able to spend more time with the family in the long run, have a green existence and once sustainable - use the farm as an occupation to sustain a living.

I basically need help from the basics of how to acquire agricultural land. I live in Maharashtra and would like to purchase land close to Pune. I believe the State law prohibits a non-farmer from purchasing agricultural land. So, how would I need to go about purchasing the the required land?

If I can get over that hurdle, what is the amount of land holding I should be looking at? and close to what amount should I be prepared to invest in the land?

What model should I be looking at? While money is not the primary motivating factor today (I plan to continue my career in the software industry, until I am sure that the farm income can help sustain the family expenses), for the perspective of earning a sustainable living in the future, the income from the farm would need to be sufficient for the family. Would a Community Supported Agricultural Model be ideal or is it too much work with not equatable income? Or should I look at high return - single crops e.g. Medicinal Crops to fulfill this factor? If I were looking at medicinal plant would an Acre suffice?

Also, what is the approx. investment I should be looking at per acre of land?

Not sure if I am on the right track. Hence need overall help. Any help to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Regards,
M

Last edited:

jkjilani

New Farmer

Dear Sir,

I am a new member on this forum. I have no prior experience in farming ( I work in the Software Industry), but have been interested in taking it up for a while, specifically as a life-style choice to be able to spend more time with the family in the long run, have a green existence and once sustainable - use the farm as an occupation to sustain a living.

I basically need help from the basics of how to acquire agricultural land. I live in Maharashtra and would like to purchase land close to Pune. I believe the State law prohibits a non-farmer from purchasing agricultural land. So, how would I need to go about purchasing the the required land?

If I can get over that hurdle, what is the amount of land holding I should be looking at? and close to what amount should I be prepared to invest in the land?

What model should I be looking at? While money is not the primary motivating factor today (I plan to continue my career in the software industry, until I am sure that the farm income can help sustain the family expenses), for the perspective of earning a sustainable living in the future, the income from the farm would need to be sufficient for the family. Would a Community Supported Agricultural Model be ideal or is it too much work with not equatable income? Or should I look at high return - single crops e.g. Medicinal Crops to fulfill this factor? If I were looking at medicinal plant would an Acre suffice?

Not sure if I am on the right track. Hence need overall help. Any help to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Regards,
M
Sir, Please send me mail
Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

jitendraknigam

looking for finance-urgent/ Business offer

We are the fast growing seed manufacturer and suplier of Hybrid seeds based at Hyderabad with professional team. We need financial support/business partner to cater our established market brand/ goodwill. We can provide land security against investm

* Our main product is Hybrid seeds (Hybrid Paddy etc) having good market potential (The seed replacement rate in India is around 3%only.). We also produce and sell Foundation/stock seed for 6-7 small seed companies. With investment/ market experiance we will expand with other crop also.
.* I my self is doctarate in field and have moer than 10 years work exp. with MNCs with various capacity. We have dedicated and professional team to deliver the best. Apart from above, I have a strong friend/well wisher in almost every seed company to get valuable information/ support time to time.
* There are a no. of competirors (well established 5-6 Nos including two MNCs) in the market. However one the basis of our product quality, competitive price and market understanding, we will emerge as winner in next 5-10 years.
* Our urgent financial need is around 10-15 lac INR
* We can afford with 12%/year intrest or up to 35%share. Investor may go first year on intrest basis with share option in second or third year. With good investment (up to one crore, our profitt may be double in a year as the business is already started giving profiit.
* Pls see company website for more detail: [Qualitas Crop Science
* We belive to make a long term relation with our customers and investors
Thanks with regards,
J K Nigam
CEO
Please contact.....

vyerth

What threads?

Read the following threads in this website

Please contact..........
Very good questions posed Mosimms. There are many over here looking for answers on the same line. Hope some good reply comes in.

ARUMUGHAMS
What are the threads you have suggested please?

Thanks.

arumughams

Hi Moderators,

I am just refering to the forum in your own website. It is just silly to remove it.

With regards,
A.Saravanan

shabbir52

Dear Sir,

Regards,
M
SIR,
Pl. contact