Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

7/12 Extract?

Register

Click Here!

vyerth

Hello,

In order to buy farm/agriculture land in Maharashtra (and some other states in India) one has to have 7/12 extract. Is it suffice to have 7/12 or should there be minimum area of farm land in the name of the owner to become agriculturist in Maharashtra?

I have been searching for the term on google. But 7/12 seems to be a term used in MAHARASHTRA only. I am wondering if there is a name which is generic? what is this 7/12 extract? Where can one get this from? If i go to Himachal for eg. What should I ask the tahsildar?

It would be very nice of people to throw light, who have knowledge about this.

Thanks a lot.

Ashwini

Hi

PLease contact the agriculture department of your state or any of the lawyers for the legal issues.

Regards
Ashwini

baba

Dear sir,
7/12 extract is the extract copy of the land which you propose to buy. This extract is maintained by the talati (or)VAO of the village where you purchase the land. You should approach the talati of the village and should apply for the 7/12 extract of the proposed land. You should also clarify for which purpose you are going to put the land to use. Then after verifying your application thalati will issue 7/12 extract of the land. This extract contains area of the land(in ha or are), name of the farmer, location of the land and other details like single cropped land or double cropped land etc., After verifying these facts one should go in for purchase of land. for any details you can contact
arivalan.

Last edited by a moderator: