Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

green house

Register

Click Here!

neelnagarsheth

i have a land in gujarat nd m planning for a greenhouse which crops should i grow dat vl fetch me more revenue and greenhouse is a good choice or a polyhouse and which one would me more eefective cost wise as well as quality wise.......is it possible to grow sugarcane with hydroponics system using pipes...

kirti s

Dear sir,

Green house is a broad term where enviornment is controled i.e light, temperature and Relative humidity depending on the percentage enviornment control green house can be clasified as
1.Glass house: which is covered by Glass and durability is 10yrs enviornment
2.Poly house: which is covered by poly ethylene lost for 3 yrs.
3.Shade net: which is covered by shede net life is around 5 yrs
crops cultivated
1.Dutch rose.
2.Gerbera flower
3.Carnation flower.
4.Colour capsicum in shade net also.

cost varies from Rs.600/sq.mtr to 10000/sq mtr. details given below.

Types of green houses:
Low-cost greenhouse/polyhouse -
The low-cost polyhouse is a zero-energy chamber made of polythene sheet of 700 gauge supported on bamboos with `sutli’ and `nails’. Its size depends on the purpose of its utilization and availability of space. Like the greenhouse, it has one opening kept azar for 1-2 hr during the day, especially in the morning to reduce the level of humidity inside. The temperature within polyhouse increases by 6-10 degree Cel more than outside. In UV-stabilized plastic film covered, pipe framed polyhouse, the day temperature is higher and night temperature lower than the outside. The solar radiations entering the polyhouse is 30-40% lower than that reaching the soil surface outside.

Medium-cost greenhouse/polyhouse:
With a slightly higher cost, a Quonset-shaped polyhouse (greenhouse) can be framed with GI pipe (class B) of 15 mm bore. This polyhouse has a single layer covering UV-stabilized polythene of 800 gauge. The exhaust fans are used for ventilation those are thermostatically controlled. Cooling pad is used for humidifying the air entering the polyhouse. The polyhouse frame and glazing material have a life span of about 20 years and 2 years respectively.

Hi-tech greenhouse/polyhouse -
This type of greenhouse consists of a sensor, a comparator and an operator. The temperature, humidity and light are automatically controlled. These are indicated through sensor or signal-receiver. Sensor measures the variables, compare the measurement to a standard value and finally recommend to run the corresponding device. For example, temperature control system consists of temperature sensor, heating/cooling mechanism and thermostat-operated fan. Similarly, relative humidity is sensed through optical tagging devices. Boiler operation, irrigation and misting systems are operated under pressure sensing system. This modern structure is highly expensive, requiring qualified operators, maintenance, care and precautions.

The polyhouses in India are of various sizes ranging from 500 sq.m.to 10,000 sq.m. (One hectare).
They also differ in terms of cost as
(a) low cost-Rs.125/m2
(b) medium cost- Rs.500/ m2 and
(c) high cost-Rs.2000/ m2,
depending upon material used for construction and other facilities provided in them.

Difference in productivity of gerbera in Open ventilated green house (medium cost) and fan & pad cooling system type (High cost) greenhouse.

Regrds

Kirti s

kirti s

Dear sir,

Crops selected under green huse cultivation should be high cost low valume lemon u cant grow as it take lot of space and which sells not more than rs 2/piese similerly u cant grow sugar cane inside the green house.

Kirti s