AgricultureInformation.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to find ground water ?

Question How to find ground water ?

Hi

Iam from a village at Thiruvanamalai dist Tamilnadu I've planned to made a bore well for my agriculture land anybody pleas e surges me which is the best way to find the water inside the land and rock ?

Dear Sir

ground water levels are monitored with "monitoring wells" basically holes in the ground with piped walls. A person goes out with a long pole and drops it down till it gets wet. raise it up and take the measurement of how deep until it got wet.

Quote Originally Posted by grv_greatman View Post
    Hi

Iam from a village at Thiruvanamalai dist Tamilnadu I've planned to made a bore well for my agriculture land anybody pleas e surges me which is the best way to find the water inside the land and rock ?
    Ground water is usually detected using the dousing method. The materials used for dousing vary from person to person. The water diviner may use Y shaped stick or a brass rod Y shaped. However this method success rate depends upon the diviner. The depth of the well will mainly be determined by the type of rock formation in your area. Go by the general rule as to the depth of borewells in your area.

There are also govt water diviners who use meters and wires to map your field and detect water levels in your field. These water diviners are usually expensive and play hard to get.

The with of the borewell is usually 4 1/2" and 6 1/2" . If you plan to dig more than 500 feet then it is advisable to go in for 6 1/2" Borewell.

All the best in your venture to find good water source.

There is Geologist available in your area. Consult him also, as he is government appointed person

Premium Member

Default Ground water monitoring

Better utilise the services of a Geologist who can locate a point in ur land, as suggested by Spathy.
    Thanks
    aromedindia@gmail.com

Default How to find ground water?

There is an intrument called lacher antenna. It ia scientific dousing tool. I use this to measure the energy levels of places and to find underground water lines from the sketch of landscapes. Send me sketch of your land with the clear marking of direction and your complete postal address including your father's name. I may be able to help you.
    sundaramvk.

Default Mr Sundaram

Where are you located ?

Default Ground water level

Ground water depends on your Luck but if around you see the wells and water levels, if there is lot of well in that area your bore well never support you.
    But there is GROUND WATER LEVEL DETECTOR also available in market.

please send me your land and area details... later on i will suggest you what to do?
    Jaleel

Quote Originally Posted by sundaramvk View Post
    There is an intrument called lacher antenna. It ia scientific dousing tool. I use this to measure the energy levels of places and to find underground water lines from the sketch of landscapes. Send me sketch of your land with the clear marking of direction and your complete postal address including your father's name. I may be able to help you.
    sundaramvk.
    Dear Sir,

How can I contact you
    madan

Default ground water

Quote Originally Posted by jkjilani View Post
    Ground water depends on your Luck but if around you see the wells and water levels, if there is lot of well in that area your bore well never support you.
    But there is GROUND WATER LEVEL DETECTOR also available in market.

please send me your land and area details... later on i will suggest you what to do?
    Jaleel
    hi jaleel

ratnagiri maharashtra red soil with black stone water table bellow 150 ft
    please suggest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast