AgricultureInformation.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dairy Farming in Karnataka

Default Dairy Farming in Karnataka

Hello All

I am an NRI and I would like to start a Dairy Farming project(being my dream) in Mysore,Karnataka. I have 5 Acres of Land which is very close to the city with good roads. Water and electricity is available. Can someone let me know if I can start a project with 20 to 30 cattle,with a decent budget. Appreciate your help.

Kind Reagrds
    Y.Shankar

Dear Sir

yes u can start up with that number. ill let u know the contact details

Default Would like to work along with u

I am also interested in dairy farming. I am working in Bangalore. I work along with u for this project since I can learn from the implementation challenges. I am planning to start a large scale farm in another one or two years in kerala.
    I can spent my week ends for this.

Default Hello

I will guide you and give you the plan plz contact me....
    Last edited by moderator A; November 25th, 2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

Hi Shankar,

I am Shivanand from Mysore, good to know your dream and even i walking on same path, also with Organic farming thoughts.
    I was thinking can spend my weekends on sharing knowledge also will be helpful in starting dairyfarming.
    I know a person who can guide how best you can do on Dairy farming.

Let me know if you intersted

Regards
    ~ Shiv ~

Hi Shiv,

This is Srinivas from Bangalore. Please share your contact details. I am interested in Organic Farming. Please contact....

Regards,
    Srinivas
    Last edited by moderator A; November 25th, 2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

Default Farmeing

Hi Shankar,

Its really hard to start a dairy farming useing 20-30 cows with 5 Acers of land because u may short fall of Fodder corps.

For more information on this project you may contact me...
    Please contact....
    Last edited by moderator A; November 25th, 2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

Quote Originally Posted by wwwyesh View Post
    Hello All

I am an NRI and I would like to start a Dairy Farming project(being my dream) in Mysore,Karnataka. I have 5 Acres of Land which is very close to the city with good roads. Water and electricity is available. Can someone let me know if I can start a project with 20 to 30 cattle,with a decent budget. Appreciate your help.

Kind Reagrds
    Y.Shankar
    NDRI , Bangalore gives training for beginners like you . Contact please...
    Last edited by moderator A; November 26th, 2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

Default Dairy Farming

Hi,

Great to hear, being an NRI you are also thinking the same way as I do. There is tremendous potential in this business if managed properly. As someone opined, fodder is the main concern in this business. That is true, as it is the major cost component and the whole economy of a dairy farm depends on this. If this is taken care of efficiently and cost effectiveness achieved, then there is no looking back. I have done some research on this business and have come across some great successes in this field. But a word of caution, Medium/small scale is not a viable option, you have to go big.

Please keep in touch, we could share our knowledge and experiences since I am also preparing a dairy farm project, likely to implement it in Belgaum 5-6 years down the line.
    Please contact...

Wish you best of luck.

Ravindra
    Last edited by moderator A; November 27th, 2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

sir
    we are from banglore we wil suggest u every thing u need so plz contact us (+91 9845661012)jaganath

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast