Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Medicinal Plants suited for Black soil

Register

Click Here!

Hi All,
I am interested in growing medicinal plants in my land in around 10 acres with buyback option. I would like to know the suitable medicinal crop for my area. My land is near Namakkal and it is black soil. Rainfall is around 600mm and temperature varies from 20 deg to 40 deg celsius in the year. Your help is appreciated.
Regards,
Vinay

anil1956

Dear Vinay,

Black soils are very fertile soils with good water holding capacity. Generally salinity of water is associated with black soils as they are rich in sodium and supported by or compensated by calcium.There is a need to study in detail the soil and water factors.
But your desire to grow medicinal plants comes from where. Be careful about marketing problems. Any commitment by buyers is not dependable as they will avoid procurement depending and market prices. Generally sellers of planting material comitt the procurement. Many people have burnt the fingers. It is better to ask them to invest 50 % by way of cash and not by planting material as they would jack up the price and invest nothing in reality.

If you are willing to invest and cultivate and supervise your self better take the advise of a good project consultant.

with best wishes

anil patil

Hi All,
I am interested in growing medicinal plants in my land in around 10 acres with buyback option. I would like to know the suitable medicinal crop for my area. My land is near Namakkal and it is black soil. Rainfall is around 600mm and temperature varies from 20 deg to 40 deg celsius in the year. Your help is appreciated.
Regards,
Vinay

aromedindia

Medplants bacl soil

Sanay/soamukhi/senna (casia angustifolia), a well established crop of TN most suited to dry land areas. proper drainage during rains is must. Other options after comple information on soil,climate crops, ecomomic returns from on going crops/cropping system and managerial inputs etc.
Thanks
aromedindia@gmail.com