Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Muli bamboo(Melocanna baccifera) seeds

Register

Click Here!

pharmadig

For kind attention of Agarbati/Incense stick manufacturers & other users:
Muli ( Melocanna baccifera syn Melocanna bambusoides) bamboos are most prefered for making the sticks which are hand rolled into agarbatis/incense sticks.This bamboo flowers once in 60 years(some people say the period to be between 30-45 years) and last year only this happened.The seeds of this particular species are available in North eastern states such as Assam,Meghalaya,Manipur,Mizoram & Tripura.The seed looks like an apple and there will be 6-8 seeds/kg.Seeds will germinate in 3-7days.Seedlings can be transplanted when they are at three leaf stage to polybags/pots.The transplanted seedlings are to be kept in partial shade initially for a month and then to open beds. Except for rainy season they need to be watered regularly.Seedlings are to be shifted after 3 months locally to avoid root penetration. 6 months to 1 year old seedlings can be used for plantation purpose.I had directly planted the seed and from one seed,the bamboos have spread to one tenth of an acre in 10 years.About 100 seeds may be required per acre(20mX20m) .Others may suggest differently.This bamboo grows well in places with good rainfalls.
Pharmadig

airene

bamboo seedlings

i'am interested in mulli bamboo cultivation please let me know more details, regarding the price

pharmadig

Muli bamboo seeds from Mizoram for germination

Muli bamboo is nonclumping that means it will spread on the soil.This bamboo is straight and it is used for fencing & for making mats,agarbati sticks,chopsticks,handicrafts etc.It is propagated by seeds(once in 60 years or so) & by culms.It is difficult to extract culms from soil in the deep forest where this bamboo grows.It is also difficult to get seeds of this bamboo from the forest.I have the information that one person in Silchar,Assam gets these seeds with great difficulty from reserve forests in Mizoram.He charges Rs150 per seed of Muli bamboo(Melocanna baccifera) which is as big as an apple(around 150 g each).Anyone interested in such seeds(which is rarest) can contact him.Packing & Courier charge is extra.Minimum sale is 5 seeds.
Pharmadig

manu2008

Hi, I am looking to buy melocanna seeds in bulk

Muli bamboo is nonclumping that means it will spread on the soil.This bamboo is straight and it is used for fencing & for making mats,agarbati sticks,chopsticks,handicrafts etc.It is propagated by seeds(once in 60 years or so) & by culms.It is difficult to extract culms from soil in the deep forest where this bamboo grows.It is also difficult to get seeds of this bamboo from the forest.I have the information that one person in Silchar,Assam gets these seeds with great difficulty from reserve forests in Mizoram.He charges Rs150 per seed of Muli bamboo(Melocanna baccifera) which is as big as an apple(around 150 g each).Anyone interested in such seeds(which is rarest) can contact him.Packing & Courier charge is extra.Minimum sale is 5 seeds.
Pharmadig

,...please contact me at 9949023459.Ib.Please let me know if you have any local bulb plants for sale that can be of ornamental or medicinal value.