Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

Mahogany Plantation

Register

Click Here!

kirti s

Dear Sir

I have heard that mahagony tres are often susceptible to shoot borere attack.Hypsipyla grandella,which bores into twigs and seed capsules of trees and attack new shoots and are seldom seen attacking hardened-off shoots. so i advise u too plant it in a small scale.

pkahar

can somebody please provide information about feasibility of Mahogany Plantation in India?
You really want to go for mahagony plantation, if yes than you can definitely contact us for more information. We have very good saplings of mahagony ready with us with total details of it cultural practices, economics etc. Feel free to contact us

Dr. Kahar

Last edited by a moderator:

ashchi123

You really want to go for mahagony plantation, if yes than you can definitely contact us for more information. We have very good saplings of mahagony ready with us with total details of it cultural practices, economics etc. Feel free to contact us

Dr. Kahar

Please mention your contact details or kindly email me at

farmerbio

available

can somebody please provide information about feasibility of Mahogany Plantation in India?
Dear sir,

We are supplying larger qty of mahogany plants in various state, if u required it please contact at

vishnusankar

Mahogany varieties

Dear Friends,

There are many varieties in Mahogany like,

Khaya Senegalansis (Mahogany from the country of Senegal)

Swietenia Macrophylla (Peruvian Mahogany)

Swietenia Mahogany (Jamaican Mahogany)

Regards,
Vishnu Sankar

ashchi123

Dear Friends,

There are many varieties in Mahogany like,

Khaya Senegalansis (Mahogany from the country of Senegal)

Swietenia Macrophylla (Peruvian Mahogany)

Swietenia Mahogany (Jamaican Mahogany)

Regards,
Vishnu Sankar
Dear Vishnu!

Thanks for the information. Can you please provide any information source about mahogany plantations?

kirti s

Dear Sir

There are many limted suppliers of mahagony in india. in which state are u looking for and are u looking out for small plant size trees or what size.

ashchi123

Dear Sir

There are many limted suppliers of mahagony in india. in which state are u looking for and are u looking out for small plant size trees or what size.
Dear Sir!

I am looking to establish plantations in two states, viz., Bihar & Uttarakhand.
Basically, I think I will need stumps for the purpose of planting.

However, before that, I want to understand the business dynamics and feasiablity of mahogany plantations. Any help in this direction will be highly appreciated.

dolu

mahogany plantations

Pl. note that mahogany is easily propogated by fresh sowing of seeds.The
basic varieties to grow are : 'SWEITENIA' AND 'MACROPHYLLA' .Sweitenia is
a comparatively faster growing variety than macrophylla.I HAVE TREES growing at home [just 8 in number] ,aged 20 approximately 60 ft. in ht. and
about 12" to 24" in dia.AT MY FARM,there are about 200 trees[mainly macrophylla] ,aged 12 at a spacing of 6 ft.x 6 ft. 20 -25 ft. in ht.with a dia.
of 4"-6".rainfall is seasonal,heavy and the land is at a gradient of 30 deg.You
could easily go in for a plantation,but personally i feel the wait is long,but worth the trouble.I don't think pests and borers would pose a big problem. you could procure healthy plants 2 -3 ft. in ht. at reasonable rates from any of the EMPRESS GARDENS, viz. PUNE/KOLKATA/CHENNAI/DEHRADUN.

shanmuga06

swietina Mahagany

Dear sir,

The swetinia mahagany very good timber value tree and also gives good shades in summer.The greenary of the mahagany is very effective than other trees.The growth of tree is very slow comparing other timber trees.i gone to Kolkotha last year and visited some ruputed nurseries.One nurseryman cut the mahagany tree after completion 25 years.I seen the Dia of the tree is nearly 20 to 22 inche3s.I asked the nurseryman whats value of the tree .he told that its cost nearly & maximum Rs 20000/-.This is for the informmation and judgement.

ASivakumar
Priya Nursery Garden,
KARAIKUDI-630001,
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

viraldes

please send me more information about mahogany plantation like maturity period how long, scope of sale, how care is it? etc.

I want to go for 1200 sq.mt. mahogany plantation 2*2 meter about 300 nos. of plant pls send me detail on my email id
viral_desai16@yahoo.com

viral desai
+919426482625

vbjagzap

Hi,
1.Do wild animals eat Mahogany leaves. The location where I am planning to grow Mahogany tress is a hilly area and has Deer, goats, ships in the locality. Do these animal eat leaves of Mahogany. Could they be a threat to my cultivation?
Please guide.
2.Alos what is the water requirements of these plants. How frequently should the trees watered and can irrigation facilities like drips be used for watering them?

-Vinayak