Notices
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mahogany Plantation

1. #1 Mahogany Plantation 

can somebody please provide information about feasibility of Mahogany Plantation in India?

Dear Sir

I have heard that mahagony tres are often susceptible to shoot borere attack.Hypsipyla grandella,which bores into twigs and seed capsules of trees and attack new shoots and are seldom seen attacking hardened-off shoots. so i advise u too plant it in a small scale.

Quote Originally Posted by ashchi123 View Post
    can somebody please provide information about feasibility of Mahogany Plantation in India?
    You really want to go for mahagony plantation, if yes than you can definitely contact us for more information. We have very good saplings of mahagony ready with us with total details of it cultural practices, economics etc. Feel free to contact us

Dr. Kahar
    Last edited by Moderator; August 6th, 2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

[QUOTE=pkahar;89669]You really want to go for mahagony plantation, if yes than you can definitely contact us for more information. We have very good saplings of mahagony ready with us with total details of it cultural practices, economics etc. Feel free to contact us

Dr. Kahar

Please mention your contact details or kindly email me at
    Last edited by Moderator; August 6th, 2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

5. #5 available 

Quote Originally Posted by ashchi123 View Post
    Dear sir,

We are supplying larger qty of mahogany plants in various state, if u required it please contact at
    Last edited by Moderator; August 6th, 2009 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

6. #6 Mahogany varieties 

Blog Entries
    Dear Friends,

There are many varieties in Mahogany like,

Khaya Senegalansis (Mahogany from the country of Senegal)

Swietenia Macrophylla (Peruvian Mahogany)

Swietenia Mahogany (Jamaican Mahogany)

Regards,
    Vishnu Sankar

Quote Originally Posted by vishnusankar View Post
    Dear Friends,

There are many varieties in Mahogany like,

Khaya Senegalansis (Mahogany from the country of Senegal)

Swietenia Macrophylla (Peruvian Mahogany)

Swietenia Mahogany (Jamaican Mahogany)

Regards,
    Vishnu Sankar
    Dear Vishnu!

Thanks for the information. Can you please provide any information source about mahogany plantations?

Dear Sir

There are many limted suppliers of mahagony in india. in which state are u looking for and are u looking out for small plant size trees or what size.

Quote Originally Posted by kirti s View Post
    Dear Sir

There are many limted suppliers of mahagony in india. in which state are u looking for and are u looking out for small plant size trees or what size.
    Dear Sir!

I am looking to establish plantations in two states, viz., Bihar & Uttarakhand.
    Basically, I think I will need stumps for the purpose of planting.

However, before that, I want to understand the business dynamics and feasiablity of mahogany plantations. Any help in this direction will be highly appreciated.

10. #10 mahogany plantations 

Pl. note that mahogany is easily propogated by fresh sowing of seeds.The
    basic varieties to grow are : 'SWEITENIA' AND 'MACROPHYLLA' .Sweitenia is
    a comparatively faster growing variety than macrophylla.I HAVE TREES growing at home [just 8 in number] ,aged 20 approximately 60 ft. in ht. and
    about 12" to 24" in dia.AT MY FARM,there are about 200 trees[mainly macrophylla] ,aged 12 at a spacing of 6 ft.x 6 ft. 20 -25 ft. in ht.with a dia.
    of 4"-6".rainfall is seasonal,heavy and the land is at a gradient of 30 deg.You
    could easily go in for a plantation,but personally i feel the wait is long,but worth the trouble.I don't think pests and borers would pose a big problem. you could procure healthy plants 2 -3 ft. in ht. at reasonable rates from any of the EMPRESS GARDENS, viz. PUNE/KOLKATA/CHENNAI/DEHRADUN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast