Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

licences for pig farm??

Register

Click Here!

peter m

pig farm

We have been issued a closure notice and are facing stiff opposition and are in the process of closing down our pig farm.
Its a major upset to see more than 2000 animals go.
Could you help me find out more.

sayujsmenon

We have been issued a closure notice and are facing stiff opposition and are in the process of closing down our pig farm.
Its a major upset to see more than 2000 animals go.
Could you help me find out more.
Are you from India?
If yes, when having large farms it is always good to maintain political connections!
Political hierarchy is always on the lookout for opportunities!

I know this because I myself have connections and was active in one of the hierarchies till last year!

If you are not from India, please ignore the above!

peter m

pig farm

Hi,
Of course ....we are Mumbai based company and our farm is located at Shahapur on the Nasik Highway.
Do you know of any site that mentions non requirement of MPCB on animal husbandry.
I have hunted all over but have not been able to retrieve any.

Peter

jacinbell

HI
I wish to start a piggery farm with slaughter house in Tamil Nadu Kanyakumari Dist. What formalities should I proceed from govt side, and any consultancy will do?

jacinbell

N

HI
I wish to start a piggery farm with slaughter house in Tamil Nadu Kanyakumari Dist. What formalities should I proceed from govt side, and any consultancy will do?

vyerth

Hi Peter, it is very sad to hear that you have been asked to close you business of piggery. I am sure it must be the concern & complaint of the locals.
I don’t think there is license requirement to run piggery at any farm. You should reply back to the Maharashtra pollution control board and tell them the provisions taken to control the pollution if any occurs in the project. If it’s notice from pollution board They cannot just ask you to close, they will give you time to get back to them. In this time you have to file your reply with justification.

Do you have any certification from any of the standardisation companies who certify that your product and livestock is of great standard. Something like iSO.
You should contact other piggery farmers or associations who are involved in pig farming. You can contact NABARD who promotes pig farming. Get resources from them. You will have to get activily involved and even get someone from the pollution board office to help you out.

It is very sad state of affairs. Must be very frustrating. Wish you luck and strength.

Regards,