Notices
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tree Plantation which give returns in short period

1. #1 Tree Plantation which give returns in short period 

Hi,

We have 8.5 acres of land in which we are not doing cultivation
    I am planning to go for tree plantation in this land so that it will give me returns in short team like 3 years.

Right now Ucalyptus tree plantation in my mind , If you have any suggestion other than this which fulfills my requirement Please suggest.

Land has so much sand in the inner layers. Also estimate the total project cost and suggest the options of availing the bank loans.

Thanks,
    Reddy.

I am not sure of anything which will give you returns in 3 years. May be 6 years seems realistic.

Trees like African Mahogony, Gmelia Arborea (tamil name - Kumil), causarina (tamil name - savukku), Melia azedarach (tamil name - Malai Vembu) may be better option for over 5 years.

If you have water resources think about thornless bamboo for regular income.

What about Ucalyptus tree, how much is the return time?

4. #4 Tree Plantations 
    Dear sir,

You have enquired about tree plantations in your land.we suggest some fruitful ideas to fulfil your requirements.

we are having very fast growing tree plants like Ailanthus excelsa,Gmelia arborea,caurina and eugaliptus.

Fast growing tree sapplings are Teak, acasia mangium and melia dubia (konda yappa).

You opt for tissue culture Teak, acasia mangium & casurina .Its redues the cultivation period like maximum 10 years for teak and acasia mangium and casurina jinhunia maximum four years.

we suggest melia dubia and eugaliptus promoted by clonel .its gives the yield on completion of 4 to 5.5 years.
    And also you will get some interium income in the years of 4 years and 6 th years by plantinting Tissue culture teak and acasia mangium.

For more information please contact us:

yours in green revolution,
    A.Sivakumar,
    Priya Nursery Garden,
    KARAIKUDI-630001,Sivaganga (Dist),Tamilnadu.
    mobile :9843080275
    email :priyagar06@yahoo.co.in
    web :Home

5. #5 Eugaliptus 
    Sir,

By platinting Eugliptus Clonel you will get nearly 60 to 70 kgs per tree .Per acre you need minimum 1400 to 1800 clones approximately.I give rough calculation here i.e per acre 1500 plants .On completion of 4th years you will get 60Kgs per tree .So the total yield per acre is 1500X60=90000 kgs i.e 90matric tons per acre .The present market rate is Rs 2000 to 2500. So the farmers will get per acre 90X2000=1,80,000/-

with kind regards,
    yours
    A.sivakumar,
    Priya Nursery Garden,
    Karaikudi-630001,Tamilnadu

6. #6 Tree plantation -- reg 

Dear Mr. Srikanth,

If you are having irrigation facility you can think over to go for Bamboo plantation which will have demand in the coming future.

Bamboo for Bio Mass: you have to plant 1000 plants per acre and you can harvest 3rd year beginning under drip irrigation and good management. There after you can harvest every year continuously. Approx: 30tons/Ac in the beginning. Later the yield will increase.

Bamboo for Bamboo: You can go for 200 to 350 plants per acre. You have to harvest fifth year onwards. Here also you can harvest every year.

thanks and regards,
    soorya

7. #7 Contact us - Sampada Farms!! 
    Premium Member
    Dear Mr. Srikanth Reddy,

Please let me know where is your land located?? Depending upon the agro climatic conditions, you have to choose a crop. Dont go for eucalyptus as the present prices have came down to Rs.1500/- per ton. And eucalyptus is badly affected by deadly gal disease.

Any how please let me know full details about your farm land. Then, you can expect THE BEST advice from our end. U can call me directly on my mobile 09848203647. In the mean time you can send me a direct mail to sampadafarms@gmail.com

Be with the leader, be with SAMPADA.

Regards
    Raghu Ram

Quote Originally Posted by srikanth_reddy View Post
    Hi,

We have 8.5 acres of land in which we are not doing cultivation
    I am planning to go for tree plantation in this land so that it will give me returns in short team like 3 years.

Right now Ucalyptus tree plantation in my mind , If you have any suggestion other than this which fulfills my requirement Please suggest.

Land has so much sand in the inner layers. Also estimate the total project cost and suggest the options of availing the bank loans.

Thanks,
    Reddy.
    Last edited by sampadafarms; June 12th, 2009 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soorya View Post
    Dear Mr. Srikanth,

If you are having irrigation facility you can think over to go for Bamboo plantation which will have demand in the coming future.

Bamboo for Bio Mass: you have to plant 1000 plants per acre and you can harvest 3rd year beginning under drip irrigation and good management. There after you can harvest every year continuously. Approx: 30tons/Ac in the beginning. Later the yield will increase.

Bamboo for Bamboo: You can go for 200 to 350 plants per acre. You have to harvest fifth year onwards. Here also you can harvest every year.

thanks and regards,
    soorya

Bamboo is a viable option for regular income.

Srikanth, If your land is based out in TN contact forest extension department. They can offer some guidance. I am not sure about AP.

9. #9 Growing eucalypytus is a good option 

Eucalyptus is versatile, fast growing and strongly coppicing tree possessing a wide range of soil and climatic adaptability. Basically a light demander, the growth of the species is very much reduced under shade. Eucalyptus is known for its drought hardiness.The species is also moderately salt tolerant and relatively fire resistant. Eucalyptus is generally regarded as frost sensitive.
    Eucalyptus is popularly known as gum tree, red iron tree, nilgiri or safeda. Many fast growing species suitable for commercial cultivation in India have been identified. Eucalyptus tereticornis and E. grandis are important commercial species with a clean straight bole and compact crown. Hybrid eucalyptus has shown greater vigour and drought and insect resistant characters in the field conditions and are preferred planting stock for commercial plantations.
    if u still want to know more? NO CONSULTANCY CHARGES.
    N. B.-i m a successful plants grower.
    Last edited by biilyv; June 13th, 2009 at 06:14 AM.

10. #10 Eugaliptus 
    Dear sir,

Some body qouted the rate of eugaliptus is Rs 1500/- per ton.But I have quoted Rs 2000/- only.Normally we must face the up and downs of the rate of each coomodity in india.Except Gold everthing facing the same in india.And also the Eugaliptus are affected by gal disease.So i asking the cosultant which crops in india or in abroad with out disease availiable?Kindly let me know.i will be happy.I think the prosais Juliflora (thorbn shrumbs from Australia) it will come automatically and well grown used for commercial fuel for house,resturant and industries.You know the rate of the above thorn tree is Rs 2000/-.And also the hotel owners in Tirupur are facing much difficulty for getting this firewood.So I request the consultant who will give eugaliptus timber @ of Rs 1500/-per ton.Please avoid the posting of false materils in this site.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast