AgricultureInformation.com

Thread: Sugarcane - weeding - labour problem

Default Sugarcane - weeding - labour problem

Dear All,

Iam planning to cultivate a 200 acres crop of sugarcane. Now, the problem is that there is severe labour shortage when it come s to weeding.

Could anyone provide some insight into some machinery which could be used to weeding in sugarcane crop and also require less labour?

Dear Nagendranath,
    A tractor driven cultivator may be helpful for weeding the sugarcan field which is available in all cities of north India.
    Satyavir

dear Sir

u can try some herbicides such as Atrazine 50WP.
    u can take help from the below for application process
    nagarjuna group, Vijaya lakshmi insecticides and pesticides ltd
    ehakota-AP-533238
    or call-08855 57376

Quote Originally Posted by satyavirm View Post
    Dear Nagendranath,
    A tractor driven cultivator may be helpful for weeding the sugarcan field which is available in all cities of north India.
    Satyavir
    Dear Satyavir,

The idea is good but when the sugarcane is abt 4-5 ft high, then we probably cannot use the cultivator. Please recommened how to go abt that. i was researching and found this interesting link. YouTube - Johnny's Glaser Wheel Hoe #9090
    Its a wheel hoe. Would you recommend that? Please advise.

Nagendra

Dear satyavir,

The idea is good but when the sugarcane is abt 4-5 ft high, then we probably cannot use the cultivator. Please recommened how to go abt that. i was researching and found this interesting link. YouTube - Johnny's Glaser Wheel Hoe #9090
    Its a wheel hoe. Would you recommend that? Please advise.

Dear Kirti,

How good would be using pesticides for weeding purposes. Will the said pesticides clear the total weeds without damaging the sugarcane crop? Please advise.

Nag

Default re

Use viruses free planting material for higher yeild of sugarcane. As virus infected plants in sugarcane can give 50% less yeild.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kuldeep View Post
    Use viruses free planting material for higher yeild of sugarcane. As virus infected plants in sugarcane can give 50% less yeild.
    I can advise you with no cost of weeding its not a big problem.Contact me at
    Dr.Hooda
    Last edited by Moderator; February 27th, 2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.