AgricultureInformation.com

Thread: Green House Capsicum Farming

Default Green House Capsicum Farming

Hi,

I am 25 years old.

I wanna to know detail about Green House Capsicum Farming.

I am stayin at Vasai (Maharashtra).I want to use latest teachnology of farming.with the help of this technology i want to improve agrecultural sector at my Native place(Satara).Where many of farmer are very poor.They are using outdated technology.my dream is to make my coultries primary sector to improve b coz 80 % of our popolation is depend upon Agreculture.

Dear Sir

Please visit the nearest Horticulture dept or contact . He will guide u practically.
    Last edited by moderator A; March 7th, 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

Default Capsicum Farming-Tamil Nadu

Hi,

I am also planning for Capsicum Farming (using green house facility) at Sivagangai. Is Sivagangai climate suitable for Capsicum Farming? Please let me know the details.

thanks & regards
    selvam

Hi Dear,
    First of all let me acknowledge u on the ideology u have presented.
    Not many people dare to say that even , u have written it. Thank you very much.
    We have been working on a model plan to cultivate vegetables in greenhouse using the latest technology. Our intention is to support the tribal and the marginal farmers using this technology and bring them in the main stream of agriculture. Day by day the resources are going down like land, water etc.
    Please feel free to contact meat the below address
    We need to place a role model plan for its expansion.
    Your thinking is the need of time now.
    regards
    Rajesh Shirodkar
    Last edited by moderator A; March 7th, 2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade
    Rajesh Shirodkar
    Soham Agro Services
    +91 9869246261
    e-mail : sohamagroservices@gmail.com

Business Member

Default Greenhouses

Hi,
    U r thinking in the right direction.Green house technology can be used very effectively for cultivation of vegetables and flowers.We request u to kindly visit our website -www.filbertgreenhouses.com or u can contact me on -09822221423 ,E-mail- rajeev1010@yahoo.com, for ur Greenhouse/Polyhouse/Nethouse requirements.
    --RAJEEV JAGTAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    Hi,

I am 25 years old.

I wanna to know detail about Green House Capsicum Farming.

I am stayin at Vasai (Maharashtra).I want to use latest teachnology of farming.with the help of this technology i want to improve agrecultural sector at my Native place(Satara).Where many of farmer are very poor.They are using outdated technology.my dream is to make my coultries primary sector to improve b coz 80 % of our popolation is depend upon Agreculture.

Post Capsicum Farming in greenhouse

Hello Monty,
    First there is no need for greenhouse to grow capsicum
    SHADE HOUSE is sufficient for this purpose so there is o need to waste more money.Many farmers near Shirdi,Kopargaon &Yeola region are successfully growing capsicum in shade houses.
    Please visit those areas
    You can grow capsicum in greenhouse but frankly speaking,economically it is not affordable to a farmer unless you do very large scale plantation
    I will give you a example
    Let us say you have a 10000 sq feet Greenhouse.The structure has costed you say 10 lacs out of which 7.5 lacs is loan from bank for tenure of 5 years(1.5+ lac rupees a year as installments)
    In greenhouse/shadehouse for 10 guntha there are around 2500 plants
    Averagely there is production of 8500 kg of capsicum for 10000 sq feet polyhouse
    Average price for capsicum is 40 rupees per kg
    which means that you will get 3.2 lacs per annum.
    In this income you have to manage your loan installments,maintainance costs,transportation etc
    you have to again do plantation and bedding every year
    So economically it is not feasible
    Whereas for shade house your setup cost is reduced
    If you plan for around 2 acre or more greenhouse for capsicum then it is economically affordable.
    But if you are thinking for small area of 10000 or 20000 sq feet area then better go for shade house
    Also remember that it is very difficult for a customer to differentiate between a capsicum grown in polyhouse and a capsicum grown in open field
    So very high rate of capsicum is not expected from market

Thanks and Regards
    Pankaj Shirke

Default Greenhouse farming

Pls send us more details about Greenhouse farming

Quote Originally Posted by sohamagroservices View Post
    Hi Dear,
    First of all let me acknowledge u on the ideology u have presented.
    Not many people dare to say that even , u have written it. Thank you very much.
    We have been working on a model plan to cultivate vegetables in greenhouse using the latest technology. Our intention is to support the tribal and the marginal farmers using this technology and bring them in the main stream of agriculture. Day by day the resources are going down like land, water etc.
    Please feel free to contact meat the below address
    We need to place a role model plan for its expansion.
    Your thinking is the need of time now.
    regards
    Rajesh Shirodkar
    Last edited by Ritika; February 18th, 2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

hi
    I am from tamil nadu... kindly let me know the current trend in agriculture.... like green house... and its feasibility.

hi,
    Me too want to do red & Yellow capsicum . I have 2 acrs of land near nasik. i need information for same. If possible pls mail me your contact number
    regards
    Amit Bhandare
    Last edited by moderator A; March 7th, 2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade