Notices

Thread: Green Fodder Cultivation

1. #1 Green Fodder Cultivation 

I am into commercial Dairy farming and Goat farming.I ma having about 10 acre land for green fodder cultivation.But with this much land in hand I struggle to get enough quantity of Green fodder to feed about 50 Buffallo and 100 Goats round the year.
    We gorw fodder grass like CO3,mainly.We tried Mulato,Sorghum,Lusern,e.t.c but nothing was susscessfull excpet CO3.tHE land is fertile and heavy rainfall area as well so,no shortage of water e.t.c.It is a Sugarcane belt.I really dont know what we do wrong in preperation of the land before planting the seeds or fodder sticks.We also have lot of cow/buffallo dung and also goat droppings.Can anyone gude step by step preperation of the land for continues green fodder cuttings throughout year.

Thanks & Regards

2. #2 Fodder cultivation 

It is not surprising that you are facing problem of feeding throughout the year the number of animals you are holding, because the thumb rule says that each acre of land will feed about 4 animals throughout the year. Going by the thumb rule you should be able to feed about 40 animals (buffaloes) throughout the year.

However, if you feel that you are facing problem in even feeding about 40 animals, then I suggest you could try rhodes in 3-4 acres. It is perennial fodder, can be stored as hay and comes up every 45 days.

Hope this info helps you.

Dileep jain

3. #3 green fodder 

Dear Sir,
    We have the technology where by with minimum of land you can grow green fodder and that too in unimaginable short period.kindly let us know the location,
    no of animals etc.vijay desai
    Last edited by moderator A; February 12th, 2013 at 03:37 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

Blog Entries
    Could you pl mail the details of growing green fodder with minimum land holding
    Last edited by moderator A; February 12th, 2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade